Electronic Arts

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back a week later from the recruiter. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter the next day and was told the next day that I would be moving forward with a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later and was also told a few hours later that I would be moving forward. A few days later, I went to the office for the final round interview. The final round interview consisted of four in person interviews including the hiring manager. It lasted around 2.5 hours.

The questions asked for all these interviews were pretty basic and mostly consisted of easy fit questions and questions such as rate your Excel skills. I was surprised that none of my interviewers were video game players. Most of them said that they don't really play any video games. There isn't anything wrong with this but for a gaming company, I would expect the employees to be enthusiastic about gaming. The interview process moved quickly although I found the final interview to be disorganized and the interviewers to be rude. Some of the interviewers made me wait 20-30 minutes before they came to interview me. I am giving this interview experience a negative rating as after this interview I have not heard any response even after I followed up with them. I also did not like waiting for 20-30 minutes during the interview rounds which is also why I am giving a negative rating. The process was fast however.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice reimbursed me for my hotel.
Culture seemed to be very laid back. However I wasn't prepared as well as I should have been.
They asked me a couple of questions from financial statements and wanted me to tell them the total affect.
I didn't understand the question and therefore was not able to answer.
No job offer!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviews

First one was a phone interview with a Director - was asked about previous roles, what is important in being a good financial analyst, why interested in company, etc. (Very general/typical questions)

Second one was 3 1:1 interviews with 3 people - Director of actual team, analyst working on team and director from phone interview

Third one was also 3 1:1 interviews with 3 people - 2 managers and 1 business partner. This was supposed to be part of the second round but the 2 managers were traveling abroad.

Fourth one was a presentation and 1:1 interview with another business partner. Presentation was to present recent quarter's performance and summarize earnings call.

Interview Question – Asked to calculate growth of company given the separate growth %s of different product segments   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really able to negotiate as they claimed any higher of an offer and it would not be on par with other analysts at the firm. Received decent package however - bump up on salary from current one, some stock options, sign on bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Arts

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees and interview candidates.