Electronic Arts

196 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Concept Artist Interview

Associate Concept Artist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview went great. it took them a long time to respond to me sadly. Dropped off my portfolio at gencon in July or so. Didnt hear back from them until late September. Once i did hear from them the interview process went smoothly. obviously there was some nervousness on my part, but in the end i got the job. I was happy to get it, their offered salary, while low, i didnt know it was low, and was about 4 times more than i was making at the time. HOLY CRAP. I immediately bought a concertina. never learned to play it, but i often scared my roommates/cats with it. It worked well in that role. I still have the concertina, but i often think i should sell it.

Interview Question – why are you so damn good looking   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Playa Vista, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Very professional and smooth process. Introduction, interview process, HR conclusion. Clear explanation of the studio, previous challenges, next goals and challenges involved in the role. Very impressive and comfortable experience.

Very Easy Interview

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Interview Details – Staffing Contractor Reached Out To Me. I asked him for a time and gave him a few times I had, he never responded, then out of nowhere, he wanted to meet even though he never gave me a time. Again, told him my availability, then he said he could maybe meet me at that time, if not, then later. When we did finally speak, he explained that the role was to cover for someone on leave---despite this, he went on about how great an opportunity it would be for me (FOR AN EXPLICITLY SHORT TERM ROLE WITH EXPLICITLY NO FUTURE!). He went over the tools they used, I told him I did not use those tools, he said it would be fine. He asked my rate, told me it was high. He asked me if I had other opportunities, and I shared I did. He did not like I was considering other opportunities, wanted to schedule me the next interview during the very period I told him I wasn't available for--- even reiterating I had another meeting. Despite all this, the team liked my materials and did want to meet anyways. I did a second phone interview and the team was actually knowledgeable and nice, but really pressed on why I wanted into to gaming---when I had been sold a short term role. Despite this, in the interview I learned that it was a two person team split across time zones, soon to be one, me. They talked about how they were AGILE which I have done, but then explained to me they were really underwater all the time and couldn't keep up---wondered how might I? Explained they would like to do user research but couldn't. Despite all this, they shared they wanted me to come in for a third interview if I would do some 'UX Homework'---despite the materials and references I have and made freely available to them. After the call, I ended the process. One of the weirdest and most unprofessional processes I have ever been involved in---gaming indeed and, never again.

Interview Question – Have you worked in Agile?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I bowed out despite being invited for 3rd interview.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very constructive and peaceful. Felt like I was at the right place at the right time. I could have had done better but I chose to see that as my own problem rather than EA's.

Interview Question – When was the last time you held a job?   View Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Data Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Question – The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Interview Details – Can't really speak to most of the process. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I replied, but he did not get back in touch for over a week. He said something about his LinkedIn messages not showing up in his email. Anyway, after a brief introductory phone call, we decided to proceed. I had two technical phone interviews scheduled which were to include an online programming exercise. However, the EA engineer scheduled to do the interview was a no-show both times. I decided if that was any indication of how they run the business, I wasn't really interested.

Interview Question – I never got to the point of being asked questions since the interviewer was a no-show.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was lengthy but all my questions were answered and the game rules were established since the first call. Went through technical tests and it was pretty great experience. Manager was very professional conducting interview

Mobile Software Engineer Intern Interview

Mobile Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and HR reached me to schedule an phone interview after three weeks. The first interview went on quite well. The hiring manager first asked about some questions about iOS technology, which are quite simple. Then he assigned a coding problem. It was the first technical interview that I took, so it took some time for me to get used to it. Anyway, it was not a hard problem, and I think I passed it.

One day later, I got the call from the HR to schedule the second round of phone interview. The second interview was not a pleasant experience though. The hiring manager was not guiding, and in the whole process, he kept asking 'Are your happy with your code?' and was not patient enough to listen to my explanation of my code.

Interview Question – Given an array of integers, output an array of strings.   Answer Question

Technical Artist Interview

Technical Artist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had a a couple phone interviews before an onsite. The onsite was more rigorous than the phone interviews, met with many small groups over the course of a day. Questions were about coding, art, debugging, communication, and collaboration skills.

Interview Question – Not an unexpected question but always one in which I struggle to answer in a generic fashion: How to you solve a problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the base salary, but the package already included starting bonus, relocation, and temporary housing so I was not able to shift the salary by much.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Maitland, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews with the team prior to being offered an on-site visit. The office is super nice, and the dress code is extremely casual. The vast majority of people walking around were dressed in cargo shorts and flip-flops. On-site, I was given a 2 hour programming test and was taken out to lunch with the team. At the end of the day, I was given a tour of the facilities.

Overall, I was treated exceptionally well by everyone involved.

Interview Question – I can't say much because you have to sign an NDA before arriving on-site. Just be comfortable in C++ data structures and memory management, and you should be ok. I was told the interview test is periodically rewritten throughout the year, so don't rely too heavily on anything you read online if you do happen to find someone willing to break their NDA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate over the phone, and was denied any increases in pay, stocks or vacation. To be fair though, the initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so this honestly wasn't a huge deal at all.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!