Electronic Arts

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

After submitting my resume on 12/20, I was emailed on 1/6 for phone screen interview. After the phone screen interview I was asked to come in for an face-to-face interview a couple days from then on 1/9.

The interview was with a director and supervisor. Both were very down to earth and cool. It never felt like I was under pressure or flanked with questions from both. They each had questions about pass experiences dealing with the position I was applying for. They gave me a run down on how their operation worked at their office.

After going over the job requirements, they asked me why I choose to apply to EA. They also asked when could I start as the position needed to be filled quickly. The interview process lasted about 1 hour, then I was given a tour of the office. I was then offered the position on 1/12

Interview Questions
    • N/A - Standard situational questions and questions about your experience   Answer Question
    The initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so there was no need to negotiate.

QA Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I went through the process at the Redwood City campus. The interview itself wasn't really that intimidating. It kind of felt like you're at a speed dating event. The hiring managers ask you typical questions like "why did you choose EA?" or "what is your background?" There were some who just wanted to start up a conversation as if you are eating out with a friend. The second part was pretty much a tour of the campus. If you end up getting an interview, there is a high chance that you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would your background in Aircraft Maintenance be applied to EA?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2015.

Hiring process is similar to most of the company. Firstly HR scheduled a phone interview with the lead of the project for an interview. The interview was short spanned, went likely for 15 mins. After clearing the interview they scheduled a face to face technical interview which went for an hour.

Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2015.

I found the job on a social media site. I applied online and had an initial phone interview scheduled within a few days. The employee that interviewed me was very friendly and I felt overall it went very well. Questions were very professional and to the point. Nothing really unusual or off topic.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really super difficult or unexpected. Mostly focused on past work and projects.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I applied through my university's job site and was contacted to take a skills test about a week later. The skills test was a 1 hour excel exercise that was to be completed at home and emailed back. I took the test early in the week and was told I would hear back by the end of the week. Friday came and went and it wasn't until mid-week of the following week that I heard back from them. That was just a preview of the process to come. I got a first round panel interview that lasted 2 hours. At this point there were around 8 candidates. The panel consisted of the people I would be working with/for. There were some behavioral questions, an informal skills test where I was asked to analyze and comment on one of the employee's excel work, and then some slightly more field-oriented questions. There was nothing too stressful and all of the interviewers were very friendly and engaged. At the end of the interview, I asked about the timeline moving forward. I was giving a firm date, but one of the interviewers made a joke regarding how they are perpetually late on their responses. I didn't find that too funny especially how they stressed that timeliness was such an important aspect of the role.

Of course, that first date came and went. A full week after I was told I'd hear back, I finally did and got a second round interview. Apparently, the field was down to 4 candidates and they would be hiring 2. That interview went fine as well. It was shorter and was more casual, but one of the interviewers (who happened to be the team's manager) seemed rather disinterested and hurried. There was no expression or even acknowledgement of my responses. He simply hurried down the list of questions and got me out of there. Again at the end, I asked about the timeline moving forward, and not surprisingly, I got another firm date.

This time, the date passed by over 3 weeks. This time it was the final hiring decision. It turned out that I didn't get the job. The rejection letter was a form email stating that "the position has other candidates currently being considered who better fit the minimum requirements".

Are they trying to tell me after a skills test and 2 thorough interviews that I don't adequately meet the MINIMUM requirements? Shouldn't that have been determined before they even initiated the skills test. And no personalization or even a signature from the hiring manager?

If that's the way EA handles potential employees, I am so grateful I didn't get the job and become a full-time employee. They managed to stretch out 3 rounds over 2 months even though it should have been less than a month based on all the dates they gave me throughout. If they truly were that busy and overworked that they needed weeks and weeks of additional time just to schedule a time for a follow-up interview, then I wanted no part of that.

Many times, a good summary of a company's culture/attitudes can be learned from its interviewing processes. Most companies (even terrible ones) put their best foot forward and manage to put on a good dog and pony show during the interviewing process. EA couldn't even get their act together for their interviewing process and I'm glad I won't have to find out what goes on inside the company.

Interview Questions
    • Take a look at my work and critique it.   View Answer

Games Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

After submitting my resume, I was emailed within 3-4 days and asked to come in for an face-to-face interview a couple days from then.

The interview was with the area manager and one of the team leads. Both were very down to earth. It never felt like I was being double teamed or flanked with questions from both. They each had questions about what type of video games I like, which was to be expected since EA is a video game publisher. They gave me a run down on how their operation worked at their office, which is basically category-based call center. Game Advisors are split into different tiers of support, each with their own studio (section) in the office. These sections have about 10-16 advisors in each, with team lead (manager) assisting them.

After going over the job expectations, they asked me why I choose to apply to EA. They also asked if I was comfortable having my support metrics tracked. The interview process lasted about 10 minutes, then I was given a tour of the office (which is pretty cool).

Within 24 hours after the interview, I was sent an email offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable having your support metrics tracked?   Answer Question
    No, you are not able to negotiate as this is a contracted job.

Software Engineer Interview

Average interview. The interviewer is very friendly and the interview process is rather educational. I had a screening interview in the campus. I would recommend reviewing data structure before the interview. HR would also ask behavioral questions after the tech interview. They get a long technical question in just the first round.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2014.

Process took 6 weeks. 4 interviews
    1st HR
    2nd Technical with Manager. 1 Manager
    3rd Very very technical and scenario based with 10 scenrario's. 1 engineer
    4th Qausi technical with Sr network engineers 2 engineers

Prepare for your interview and nail it.

Interview Questions
    • Highly technical. Prepare all concepts starting from CCNA to CCIE switching and routing   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interviewed with 5 different employees from senior accountant to directors. The questions related from technical, experience and fit. Each interviewer focused in on how my role would interact with their team and the interaction that would required between our roles. Also discussions focused around ensuring the right fit for both EA and myself. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical questions but nothing extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

the interview itself happened through my university career service. the interview include some basic question such as self introduction and technical question. I remember one question is about if the sample size is bigger what happened to the variance. most question is about the game. the interviewer will ask you what is your favorite game first and ask you if you were the designer, how you can revise the game.

Interview Questions
    • if you were the designer, how can you revise the game?   Answer Question