Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conference with several EA people, which lasted about 45 minutes. It was quite casual. We discussed my past research experience and they also talked about their work and the projects they are involved in. They did ask me questions related to the algorithms and methods I have employed in my classes and research, but nothing more specific than that.

Interview Questions

• Would going from pc to a mobile platform be a problem in terms performance?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

The interview process took about a month and a half. First phone interview was a screening with the recruiter. After that I had 4 more phone interviews and then I was invited onsite to meet 4 other people. All questions were really casual and related to my previous work experience.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a check in with security upon arrival. I was then greeted by my assigned recruiter and taken into a nearby conference room. We quickly went over the agenda. I was going to meet with 5 different management and team members in short 30 minute meetings. Overall the process was very comfortable and each person was friendly and courteous. Each one had a different interview approach, however I didn't get a sense of how all these people worked together. They mentioned being a newly developing department, and that could explain some of the confusion of what they wanted or looking for.

Interview Questions

• If you present to a stakeholder and they didn't like a color or font you were using how would you respond.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I applied through university relation. Three days after I submitted my resume I got an email for setting up a interview. The first interview was phone screening. Questions were causal and didn't take long. After that I got another email for second round interview. I had another interview with two people. (a chief officer and a senior level employee) Casual questions and the questions related to my major were mixed.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Initial interview was with younger analyst. After I passed this "screen", I then had 3 interviews; one with a manager and two with senior managers. Mostly conversational in nature, and be prepared to talk about what EA does well and how it could potentially do better if asked. Know current gaming trends and what EA is doing to anticipate player needs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the gaming industry? Why EA? Tell me how your current experience aligns with the description of the job. Also be prepared to talk about current trends in gaming and different monetization models.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Honestly I was shocked at how easy it truly was. I applied and submitted my resume to EA, heard back in 2 days to discuss the job and I assume to gage if I am a fit. At this point I was offered a face to face with two QA supervisors. That was scheduled for 2 days after the email I received asking if I was interested and the phone interview. During this interview they for the most part want to just talk to you and see how much knowledge you have about various things. Mainly EA and sports. The did ask what languages I could code but only after I brought it up. They then will ask why are you a good fit here? Just be honest with them part of this is psychological. After that they ask if I have any questions to which I ask about advancement within the company. After the interview finishes you are given a tour. Not very big but for anyone that grew up playing ea sports it's neat none the less. This whole process took maybe 45 min tops. No puzzles no tests nothing like that. They will ask about things on your resume so be up on what's in there. After the interview it took about two weeks from the initial phone call to be offered a job. Now to be honest I was very annoying about asking for updates. My recruiters were so awesome about that. That being being said I honestly think that persistence got me hired.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been playing ea sports titles?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here doing this job?   1 Answer
    • I removed another question for this one because I feel it's important. They also asked what my favorite EA sports title was and what the worst was and why? Did I find any bugs in them even after release.   1 Answer
    • Asked what code I can read but didn't really dive it to it at all. More like a question in passing.   1 Answer
    • Asked about my beta testing experience. What bugs I found etc.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview/screen with one of the hiring managers/senior financial analysts. The interview went well and was very conversational/laid back. The recruiting coordinator and hiring manager were extremely nice and answered all of my questions promptly. They were also quick in updating me on the status of my application. Make sure you are very proficient with Excel, should know v-lookups and pivot tables at the minimum and communicate that. I did not, so that hurt my chances quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Almost all resume questions with maybe 1 or 2 behaviorals. Tell me about your self. Walk me through your resume. What are your favorite classes? Why finance/why finance internship? What experience do you have with Excel modeling/how proficient are you?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

After submitting my resume on 12/20, I was emailed on 1/6 for phone screen interview. After the phone screen interview I was asked to come in for an face-to-face interview a couple days from then on 1/9.

The interview was with a director and supervisor. Both were very down to earth and cool. It never felt like I was under pressure or flanked with questions from both. They each had questions about pass experiences dealing with the position I was applying for. They gave me a run down on how their operation worked at their office.

After going over the job requirements, they asked me why I choose to apply to EA. They also asked when could I start as the position needed to be filled quickly. The interview process lasted about 1 hour, then I was given a tour of the office. I was then offered the position on 1/12

Interview Questions

• N/A - Standard situational questions and questions about your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so there was no need to negotiate.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I went through the process at the Redwood City campus. The interview itself wasn't really that intimidating. It kind of felt like you're at a speed dating event. The hiring managers ask you typical questions like "why did you choose EA?" or "what is your background?" There were some who just wanted to start up a conversation as if you are eating out with a friend. The second part was pretty much a tour of the campus. If you end up getting an interview, there is a high chance that you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• How would your background in Aircraft Maintenance be applied to EA?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process is similar to most of the company. Firstly HR scheduled a phone interview with the lead of the project for an interview. The interview was short spanned, went likely for 15 mins. After clearing the interview they scheduled a face to face technical interview which went for an hour.