Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

the interview itself happened through my university career service. the interview include some basic question such as self introduction and technical question. I remember one question is about if the sample size is bigger what happened to the variance. most question is about the game. the interviewer will ask you what is your favorite game first and ask you if you were the designer, how you can revise the game.

Interview Questions
    • if you were the designer, how can you revise the game?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2014.

HR reaches out to you asks for your availability.
    During technical interview they share a document with you for writing all you code.
    Some times there is a lag so always confirm if they have completed writing question.
    Also, ask questions if your are not sure what does the manager/interviewer.
    I was knocked out in 2 technical round.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are not tough.
      Need to know everything including Shell scripting, SQL, Data structure.
        Answer Question
    • Find the starting node of loop in the singly link list.

A-B-C-D-E-C... So c is the starting node
        View Answer
    • SQL question

Assume data base with students
      Table with students final grades
      Name - Subject - Grade

1 Find the top 3 ranks.
      2 Find top 3 subject wise
      3 Find top 3 grade wise
        Answer Question

Associate Concept Artist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2010.

Interview went great. it took them a long time to respond to me sadly. Dropped off my portfolio at gencon in July or so. Didnt hear back from them until late September. Once i did hear from them the interview process went smoothly. obviously there was some nervousness on my part, but in the end i got the job. I was happy to get it, their offered salary, while low, i didnt know it was low, and was about 4 times more than i was making at the time. HOLY CRAP. I immediately bought a concertina. never learned to play it, but i often scared my roommates/cats with it. It worked well in that role. I still have the concertina, but i often think i should sell it.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Playa Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Very professional and smooth process. Introduction, interview process, HR conclusion. Clear explanation of the studio, previous challenges, next goals and challenges involved in the role. Very impressive and comfortable experience.

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Staffing Contractor Reached Out To Me. I asked him for a time and gave him a few times I had, he never responded, then out of nowhere, he wanted to meet even though he never gave me a time. Again, told him my availability, then he said he could maybe meet me at that time, if not, then later. When we did finally speak, he explained that the role was to cover for someone on leave---despite this, he went on about how great an opportunity it would be for me (FOR AN EXPLICITLY SHORT TERM ROLE WITH EXPLICITLY NO FUTURE!). He went over the tools they used, I told him I did not use those tools, he said it would be fine. He asked my rate, told me it was high. He asked me if I had other opportunities, and I shared I did. He did not like I was considering other opportunities, wanted to schedule me the next interview during the very period I told him I wasn't available for--- even reiterating I had another meeting. Despite all this, the team liked my materials and did want to meet anyways. I did a second phone interview and the team was actually knowledgeable and nice, but really pressed on why I wanted into to gaming---when I had been sold a short term role. Despite this, in the interview I learned that it was a two person team split across time zones, soon to be one, me. They talked about how they were AGILE which I have done, but then explained to me they were really underwater all the time and couldn't keep up---wondered how might I? Explained they would like to do user research but couldn't. Despite all this, they shared they wanted me to come in for a third interview if I would do some 'UX Homework'---despite the materials and references I have and made freely available to them. After the call, I ended the process. One of the weirdest and most unprofessional processes I have ever been involved in---gaming indeed and, never again.

Interview Questions

I bowed out despite being invited for 3rd interview.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2012.

Very constructive and peaceful. Felt like I was at the right place at the right time. I could have had done better but I chose to see that as my own problem rather than EA's.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you held a job?   View Answer

Data Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Questions
    • The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Can't really speak to most of the process. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I replied, but he did not get back in touch for over a week. He said something about his LinkedIn messages not showing up in his email. Anyway, after a brief introductory phone call, we decided to proceed. I had two technical phone interviews scheduled which were to include an online programming exercise. However, the EA engineer scheduled to do the interview was a no-show both times. I decided if that was any indication of how they run the business, I wasn't really interested.

Interview Questions
    • I never got to the point of being asked questions since the interviewer was a no-show.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2013.

It was lengthy but all my questions were answered and the game rules were established since the first call. Went through technical tests and it was pretty great experience. Manager was very professional conducting interview

Mobile Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2014.

I applied online, and HR reached me to schedule an phone interview after three weeks. The first interview went on quite well. The hiring manager first asked about some questions about iOS technology, which are quite simple. Then he assigned a coding problem. It was the first technical interview that I took, so it took some time for me to get used to it. Anyway, it was not a hard problem, and I think I passed it.

One day later, I got the call from the HR to schedule the second round of phone interview. The second interview was not a pleasant experience though. The hiring manager was not guiding, and in the whole process, he kept asking 'Are your happy with your code?' and was not patient enough to listen to my explanation of my code.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of integers, output an array of strings.   Answer Question

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!