Electronic Arts

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.9

Games Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

After submitting my resume, I was emailed within 3-4 days and asked to come in for an face-to-face interview a couple days from then.

The interview was with the area manager and one of the team leads. Both were very down to earth. It never felt like I was being double teamed or flanked with questions from both. They each had questions about what type of video games I like, which was to be expected since EA is a video game publisher. They gave me a run down on how their operation worked at their office, which is basically category-based call center. Game Advisors are split into different tiers of support, each with their own studio (section) in the office. These sections have about 10-16 advisors in each, with team lead (manager) assisting them.

After going over the job expectations, they asked me why I choose to apply to EA. They also asked if I was comfortable having my support metrics tracked. The interview process lasted about 10 minutes, then I was given a tour of the office (which is pretty cool).

Within 24 hours after the interview, I was sent an email offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable having your support metrics tracked?   Answer Question
    No, you are not able to negotiate as this is a contracted job.

Software Engineer Interview

Average interview. The interviewer is very friendly and the interview process is rather educational. I had a screening interview in the campus. I would recommend reviewing data structure before the interview. HR would also ask behavioral questions after the tech interview. They get a long technical question in just the first round.

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interviewed with 5 different employees from senior accountant to directors. The questions related from technical, experience and fit. Each interviewer focused in on how my role would interact with their team and the interaction that would required between our roles. Also discussions focused around ensuring the right fit for both EA and myself. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical questions but nothing extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

the interview itself happened through my university career service. the interview include some basic question such as self introduction and technical question. I remember one question is about if the sample size is bigger what happened to the variance. most question is about the game. the interviewer will ask you what is your favorite game first and ask you if you were the designer, how you can revise the game.

Interview Questions
    • if you were the designer, how can you revise the game?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2014.

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad!
    Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions
    • you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2014.

HR reaches out to you asks for your availability.
    During technical interview they share a document with you for writing all you code.
    Some times there is a lag so always confirm if they have completed writing question.
    Also, ask questions if your are not sure what does the manager/interviewer.
    I was knocked out in 2 technical round.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are not tough.
      Need to know everything including Shell scripting, SQL, Data structure.
        Answer Question
    • Find the starting node of loop in the singly link list.

A-B-C-D-E-C... So c is the starting node
        View Answer
    • SQL question

Assume data base with students
      Table with students final grades
      Name - Subject - Grade

1 Find the top 3 ranks.
      2 Find top 3 subject wise
      3 Find top 3 grade wise
        Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Staffing Contractor Reached Out To Me. I asked him for a time and gave him a few times I had, he never responded, then out of nowhere, he wanted to meet even though he never gave me a time. Again, told him my availability, then he said he could maybe meet me at that time, if not, then later. When we did finally speak, he explained that the role was to cover for someone on leave---despite this, he went on about how great an opportunity it would be for me (FOR AN EXPLICITLY SHORT TERM ROLE WITH EXPLICITLY NO FUTURE!). He went over the tools they used, I told him I did not use those tools, he said it would be fine. He asked my rate, told me it was high. He asked me if I had other opportunities, and I shared I did. He did not like I was considering other opportunities, wanted to schedule me the next interview during the very period I told him I wasn't available for--- even reiterating I had another meeting. Despite all this, the team liked my materials and did want to meet anyways. I did a second phone interview and the team was actually knowledgeable and nice, but really pressed on why I wanted into to gaming---when I had been sold a short term role. Despite this, in the interview I learned that it was a two person team split across time zones, soon to be one, me. They talked about how they were AGILE which I have done, but then explained to me they were really underwater all the time and couldn't keep up---wondered how might I? Explained they would like to do user research but couldn't. Despite all this, they shared they wanted me to come in for a third interview if I would do some 'UX Homework'---despite the materials and references I have and made freely available to them. After the call, I ended the process. One of the weirdest and most unprofessional processes I have ever been involved in---gaming indeed and, never again.

Interview Questions

I bowed out despite being invited for 3rd interview.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Can't really speak to most of the process. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I replied, but he did not get back in touch for over a week. He said something about his LinkedIn messages not showing up in his email. Anyway, after a brief introductory phone call, we decided to proceed. I had two technical phone interviews scheduled which were to include an online programming exercise. However, the EA engineer scheduled to do the interview was a no-show both times. I decided if that was any indication of how they run the business, I wasn't really interested.

Interview Questions
    • I never got to the point of being asked questions since the interviewer was a no-show.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Applied in Jan. Was interviewed a month and a half after. Received an email for interview set-up and there was an on sight interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by 2 people but only 1 showed up. The person who interviewed me kept on yawning while I was explaining my previous work (which was rude and caught me off guard).

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about myself, previous experience, and a good discussion on games.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

I had several phone interviews with the team prior to being offered an on-site visit. The office is super nice, and the dress code is extremely casual. The vast majority of people walking around were dressed in cargo shorts and flip-flops. On-site, I was given a 2 hour programming test and was taken out to lunch with the team. At the end of the day, I was given a tour of the facilities.

Overall, I was treated exceptionally well by everyone involved.

Interview Questions
    • I can't say much because you have to sign an NDA before arriving on-site. Just be comfortable in C++ data structures and memory management, and you should be ok. I was told the interview test is periodically rewritten throughout the year, so don't rely too heavily on anything you read online if you do happen to find someone willing to break their NDA.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate over the phone, and was denied any increases in pay, stocks or vacation. To be fair though, the initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so this honestly wasn't a huge deal at all.