Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Applied in Jan. Was interviewed a month and a half after. Received an email for interview set-up and there was an on sight interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by 2 people but only 1 showed up. The person who interviewed me kept on yawning while I was explaining my previous work (which was rude and caught me off guard).

Interview Question – Asked me about myself, previous experience, and a good discussion on games.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Data Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got the phone interview one month after I applied.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to explain my experience on me resume one by one, and introduced their project to me. I followed up after getting rejected, she just said other competitors are strong.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Specialist Interview

Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter Interview, followed by Technical on the phone and then phone interview with the manager. No one-on-one interviews were conducted.
They reached out to me via LinkedIn, so seemed pretty eager to setup the IT center in Austin. They were looking for Teradata and Teradata MDM experts and seemed desperate for it.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected - routine interviews   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company was cheap. Given the lack of one-on-one interviews, it seemed like they wanted to hire quickly but then were trying to low ball offer. Wanted me to move to Austin from Dallas but would not offer Relocation expenses.

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern

Interviewed at Electronic Arts

Interview Details – 45 min phone interview, coding questions with linkedlist and factorial math.

Very Easy Interview

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very simple and conducted in a group. As long as you participated you would get the job. They presented you with a game that had some bugs and wanted you to identify them.

Interview Question – Very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage ($7.25/hr)

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Interview Details – First a general phone call from HR to gauge your interest and explain the roles they have open. They get a feel for you and ask you about your current employment status and bring up relocation if necessary.

Later an interview is scheduled with the team over the phone.

Then if the interview goes well you are flown in for more in depth interview in person. Also you get a chance to understand the teams culture and whats needed for the team.

Interview Question – Questions regarding how technically adept you are for certain things. They asked very specific questions as to how you would handle automation using certain languages.Also very specific tool questions when dealing with automation and asking the definition of various words, practices, ideas and tools.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – One short phone interview, one in-person interview. On-site interview was fairly long and detailed, mostly asking for elaboration of items on my resume. I have many years of experience in the industry, and the general feel of the office was good. Open spaces, professional yet casual, personal decorations seemed to be encouraged.

Interview Question – Why do you have so many short-term jobs on your resume?   View Answer

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Senior Finance Manager
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications and interview planning went well. I liked the interview pane. I think i would have liked the culture of the company

Interview Question – I was given an excel test which I thought was odd since i was applying for a manager job not an analyst role. A business case would have been more appropriate, i think   Answer Question

Contract Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Contract Quality Assurance Analyst
Emeryville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2012.

Interview Details – Great interview. I was interview by the manager of the department and the two QA leads. The interviewers were easy going but also asked great questions. You could tell that they got along really well and, therefore, probably worked together really well. Also, that gaming was very important to them but not a necessity. I myself did not have a lot of experience in gaming however they gave me a chance considering my experience in the QA field and also my enthusiasm and willingness to learn about a different platform. My favorite part, and also one of the most interesting aspects, was that in beginning of the interview they gave me a puzzle to solve. I was to solve it by the end of the interview.

Interview Question – The puzzle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Question – The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.