Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to an external recruiter on LinkedIn Jobs. They responded in after about 2 weeks.

The recruiter arranged for a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter conducted a thorough interview. The questions covered background, experience leading people and knowledge about managing operations teams. There was a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.

The next interview was arranged with the EA team, a 1 hour team interview. The team was comprised of the managers that would report to the director. It was a standard well conducted interview.

Interview Question – There were no especially tough questions most were based on the ability to manage teams and customers. "How would you handle a customer in a given situation?" being the toughest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume to them and they contacted me a few days later asking if I wanted an opportunity for an interview. The interview itself was pretty informal, with one interviewer and a previous intern. The interviewer generally seemed a little cold and only asked technical questions. There was only a few minutes for me to ask questions, and the answers seemed somewhat scripted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was writing a program that matched brackets using a stack.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email a few weeks after submitting my resume at an info-session on University Campus. Set up a phone interview (basic screening) followed by an on-site interview (one technical with 2 engineers and one half behavioral/half technical). They allowed me to code in any language (white board questions). I made a couple of mistakes but they were very nice in walking me through some things I couldn't recall. A couple of questions were

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will give you the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at any given time.   Answer Question
  • In any language, define an animal class with 2 subclasses, each with at least 2 attributes. Subsequent questions followed involving the modification of the classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The contract said the offer was non-negotiable. However, a peer of mine had competing offer and was able to negotiate a raise.

Marketing Representative Interview

Interviewed at Electronic Arts

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. We as interns had to create a facebook fan page and get as many people to like our page from there highest pages got the interviews it was a simple phone interview and we got the job.

Interview Question – There really weren't any   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Maitland, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to EA by a friend who worked there. My initial talk was with his current manager on the phone. I took a trip to FL and had an in-person interview there with a manager. While there I took their skills test. A few days later I had a follow-up interview with team members in Canada. I was told I was the first to interview for the position and they took several weeks to make a decision.

Interview Question – During my in-person interview I was asked to write a few versions of a string-copy function, and we also walked through how to construct a garbage collector. The skills test is confidential, but prospective employees should be aware of a variety of topics from memory, to debugging, to AI concepts. Not all questions need to be answered in the allotted time, but having some knowledge in as many categories as possible and solid knowledge is a few should get you through depending on your level of entry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but one who is more inclined to do so should be encouraged to try. In addition to asking about salary, try to increase the amount of stock that you'll be granted.

Producer Interview

Producer
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – You'll interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. You'll probably talk to people who have been with EA for years. EA has a lot of long-timers.

Interview Question – Be ready to talk about how you would solve problems and be specific. Real worlds example are good. Also be a gamer, and please, the play the game you are interviewing to work on.   View Answer

Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with EA maxis at Emeryville for a software engineering intern position. The interviewer was a designer with past experience in gameplay and AI. He asked me questions on data structures especially, linked list and alternative for linkedlist in STL. The interview went awesome but I got a reject the next day saying that they already had someone in mind who has accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Very very nice recruiters, but a very rude phone screen. Something about asking a question and then shutting up for the next 15 mins doesnt feel right!!!

Interview Question – Some python low level questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Campus Interview and then 2 phone interviews.

Interview Question – Just some normal algorithm questions   Answer Question