Electronic Arts

2.9

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

I had several phone interviews with the team prior to being offered an on-site visit. The office is super nice, and the dress code is extremely casual. The vast majority of people walking around were dressed in cargo shorts and flip-flops. On-site, I was given a 2 hour programming test and was taken out to lunch with the team. At the end of the day, I was given a tour of the facilities.

Overall, I was treated exceptionally well by everyone involved.

Interview Questions
    • I can't say much because you have to sign an NDA before arriving on-site. Just be comfortable in C++ data structures and memory management, and you should be ok. I was told the interview test is periodically rewritten throughout the year, so don't rely too heavily on anything you read online if you do happen to find someone willing to break their NDA.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate over the phone, and was denied any increases in pay, stocks or vacation. To be fair though, the initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so this honestly wasn't a huge deal at all.

QA Intern Interview

45 min phone interview, coding questions with linkedlist and factorial math.

Mobile Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2014.

I applied online, and HR reached me to schedule an phone interview after three weeks. The first interview went on quite well. The hiring manager first asked about some questions about iOS technology, which are quite simple. Then he assigned a coding problem. It was the first technical interview that I took, so it took some time for me to get used to it. Anyway, it was not a hard problem, and I think I passed it.

One day later, I got the call from the HR to schedule the second round of phone interview. The second interview was not a pleasant experience though. The hiring manager was not guiding, and in the whole process, he kept asking 'Are your happy with your code?' and was not patient enough to listen to my explanation of my code.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of integers, output an array of strings.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

One short phone interview, one in-person interview. On-site interview was fairly long and detailed, mostly asking for elaboration of items on my resume. I have many years of experience in the industry, and the general feel of the office was good. Open spaces, professional yet casual, personal decorations seemed to be encouraged.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you have so many short-term jobs on your resume?   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question
    I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

First a general phone call from HR to gauge your interest and explain the roles they have open. They get a feel for you and ask you about your current employment status and bring up relocation if necessary.

Later an interview is scheduled with the team over the phone.

Then if the interview goes well you are flown in for more in depth interview in person. Also you get a chance to understand the teams culture and whats needed for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how technically adept you are for certain things. They asked very specific questions as to how you would handle automation using certain languages.Also very specific tool questions when dealing with automation and asking the definition of various words, practices, ideas and tools.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Questions
    • The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

I got the phone interview one month after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager asked me to explain my experience on me resume one by one, and introduced their project to me. I followed up after getting rejected, she just said other competitors are strong.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

The interview process was fairly easy (one panel and two phone screens) but the job was vastly misrepresented in all hiring steps and it was not a very cohesive team. What was once a very good Community/Social team within the Web Dev department is now homed within PR and is very corporate-glossy and not a pleasant team to interact within.

I did not like the team and they did not represent the job accurately

QA Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

3 rounds of interview

they offered 160k/year, I asked for $170 and we met at $165.