Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, quick and well organized. HR department made contact in a timely manner. HR Department did phone screening and then passed of to the leader in the area. Had an in person interview which was very interactive, employees are very friendly and forecoming. Overall positive experience interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were appropriate for the position. High level questions were asked and then detailed were followed up with 2nd and 3rd round detailed interviews.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took 6 weeks. 4 interviews
    1st HR
    2nd Technical with Manager. 1 Manager
    3rd Very very technical and scenario based with 10 scenrario's. 1 engineer
    4th Qausi technical with Sr network engineers 2 engineers

Prepare for your interview and nail it.

Interview Questions

• Highly technical. Prepare all concepts starting from CCNA to CCIE switching and routing   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different employees from senior accountant to directors. The questions related from technical, experience and fit. Each interviewer focused in on how my role would interact with their team and the interaction that would required between our roles. Also discussions focused around ensuring the right fit for both EA and myself. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some technical questions but nothing extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

the interview itself happened through my university career service. the interview include some basic question such as self introduction and technical question. I remember one question is about if the sample size is bigger what happened to the variance. most question is about the game. the interviewer will ask you what is your favorite game first and ask you if you were the designer, how you can revise the game.

Interview Questions

• if you were the designer, how can you revise the game?   Answer Question

Senior QA Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

You can apply for jobs on careers.ea.com. Once done, you will receive a confirmation email insuring a follow-up email if they are interested or disinterested. If they want to interview you, they will send you an email to hash out all the planning details. The interview will be held on-site with employers on the specific team.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with the product / platform that is being tested?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad!
    Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

HR reaches out to you asks for your availability.
    During technical interview they share a document with you for writing all you code.
    Some times there is a lag so always confirm if they have completed writing question.
    Also, ask questions if your are not sure what does the manager/interviewer.
    I was knocked out in 2 technical round.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are not tough.
      Need to know everything including Shell scripting, SQL, Data structure.

Answer Question
    • Find the starting node of loop in the singly link list.

A-B-C-D-E-C... So c is the starting node

1 Answer
    • SQL question

Assume data base with students
      Table with students final grades
      Name - Subject - Grade

1 Find the top 3 ranks.
      2 Find top 3 subject wise
      3 Find top 3 grade wise

Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2014.

Interview

Staffing Contractor Reached Out To Me. I asked him for a time and gave him a few times I had, he never responded, then out of nowhere, he wanted to meet even though he never gave me a time. Again, told him my availability, then he said he could maybe meet me at that time, if not, then later. When we did finally speak, he explained that the role was to cover for someone on leave---despite this, he went on about how great an opportunity it would be for me (FOR AN EXPLICITLY SHORT TERM ROLE WITH EXPLICITLY NO FUTURE!). He went over the tools they used, I told him I did not use those tools, he said it would be fine. He asked my rate, told me it was high. He asked me if I had other opportunities, and I shared I did. He did not like I was considering other opportunities, wanted to schedule me the next interview during the very period I told him I wasn't available for--- even reiterating I had another meeting. Despite all this, the team liked my materials and did want to meet anyways. I did a second phone interview and the team was actually knowledgeable and nice, but really pressed on why I wanted into to gaming---when I had been sold a short term role. Despite this, in the interview I learned that it was a two person team split across time zones, soon to be one, me. They talked about how they were AGILE which I have done, but then explained to me they were really underwater all the time and couldn't keep up---wondered how might I? Explained they would like to do user research but couldn't. Despite all this, they shared they wanted me to come in for a third interview if I would do some 'UX Homework'---despite the materials and references I have and made freely available to them. After the call, I ended the process. One of the weirdest and most unprofessional processes I have ever been involved in---gaming indeed and, never again.

Interview Questions

I bowed out despite being invited for 3rd interview.

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Can't really speak to most of the process. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I replied, but he did not get back in touch for over a week. He said something about his LinkedIn messages not showing up in his email. Anyway, after a brief introductory phone call, we decided to proceed. I had two technical phone interviews scheduled which were to include an online programming exercise. However, the EA engineer scheduled to do the interview was a no-show both times. I decided if that was any indication of how they run the business, I wasn't really interested.

Interview Questions

• I never got to the point of being asked questions since the interviewer was a no-show.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied in Jan. Was interviewed a month and a half after. Received an email for interview set-up and there was an on sight interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by 2 people but only 1 showed up. The person who interviewed me kept on yawning while I was explaining my previous work (which was rude and caught me off guard).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about myself, previous experience, and a good discussion on games.   Answer Question