Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the team prior to being offered an on-site visit. The office is super nice, and the dress code is extremely casual. The vast majority of people walking around were dressed in cargo shorts and flip-flops. On-site, I was given a 2 hour programming test and was taken out to lunch with the team. At the end of the day, I was given a tour of the facilities.

Overall, I was treated exceptionally well by everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• I can't say much because you have to sign an NDA before arriving on-site. Just be comfortable in C++ data structures and memory management, and you should be ok. I was told the interview test is periodically rewritten throughout the year, so don't rely too heavily on anything you read online if you do happen to find someone willing to break their NDA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate over the phone, and was denied any increases in pay, stocks or vacation. To be fair though, the initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so this honestly wasn't a huge deal at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and responded quickly. I had been interviewing for positions, but working for a video game company has always been a dream of mine.

The recruiter scheduled a call a couple of days later. This was a short call just to make sure we were on the same page with the position I applied for.

He scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. This was a 20-30 min call to discuss the role and my skills. Very high level, gauging my interest in the industry, excel skills etc.

After this they scheduled an on-site with the same manager, and sent an excel test. Nothing extremely complicated, but I've worked with excel a lot. I had the on-site and we talked about the org and business structure.

They scheduled another on-site - this one was the big one. 4 half-hour interviews back-to-back. I met people in various roles that I'd likely cross paths with in the position. Some asked quantitative questions, some just wanted to know my skill set. All asked what games I was playing.

I had one more on-site with someone that I'd work with on the team a lot, and they called shortly after and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What games have you been playing?   Answer Question
    • How would you do an analysis of a potential mobile market in another country?   Answer Question

QA Intern Interview

Interview

45 min phone interview, coding questions with linkedlist and factorial math.

Mobile Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and HR reached me to schedule an phone interview after three weeks. The first interview went on quite well. The hiring manager first asked about some questions about iOS technology, which are quite simple. Then he assigned a coding problem. It was the first technical interview that I took, so it took some time for me to get used to it. Anyway, it was not a hard problem, and I think I passed it.

One day later, I got the call from the HR to schedule the second round of phone interview. The second interview was not a pleasant experience though. The hiring manager was not guiding, and in the whole process, he kept asking 'Are your happy with your code?' and was not patient enough to listen to my explanation of my code.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, output an array of strings.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

One short phone interview, one in-person interview. On-site interview was fairly long and detailed, mostly asking for elaboration of items on my resume. I have many years of experience in the industry, and the general feel of the office was good. Open spaces, professional yet casual, personal decorations seemed to be encouraged.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have so many short-term jobs on your resume?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Interview

First a general phone call from HR to gauge your interest and explain the roles they have open. They get a feel for you and ask you about your current employment status and bring up relocation if necessary.

Later an interview is scheduled with the team over the phone.

Then if the interview goes well you are flown in for more in depth interview in person. Also you get a chance to understand the teams culture and whats needed for the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how technically adept you are for certain things. They asked very specific questions as to how you would handle automation using certain languages.Also very specific tool questions when dealing with automation and asking the definition of various words, practices, ideas and tools.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Questions

• The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

Interview

I got the phone interview one month after I applied.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me to explain my experience on me resume one by one, and introduced their project to me. I followed up after getting rejected, she just said other competitors are strong.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy (one panel and two phone screens) but the job was vastly misrepresented in all hiring steps and it was not a very cohesive team. What was once a very good Community/Social team within the Web Dev department is now homed within PR and is very corporate-glossy and not a pleasant team to interact within.

I did not like the team and they did not represent the job accurately