Electronic Arts

195 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Director Interview

QA Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview

Negotiation Details – they offered 160k/year, I asked for $170 and we met at $165.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2009.

Interview Details – One full day of interviews with 6 different people/groups of people. Had to come back for few more hours to meet the team manager.

Interview Question – How do you compute the collision of two spheres moving? I want the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Turned in resume at an on-campus infosession. Had a technical 30 minute on-campus interview the next day, asked questions about my experience with Android development as well as some simple coding questions (find an element in a binary search tree, etc). Followed up by a phone interview that was 45 minutes of java language and Android questions.

Interview Question – How is the const keyword used in java?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Quality Assurance Tester
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was taken into my interview room (it was named creepy which I thought was cool) One of the other senior execs that I was to interview with was out so it was just a one on one which I liked. We talked for quite a while, he explained to me the various aspects of the role I would take on there, what a typical day was like... he seemed to like me and as I explained my background and experiences, I got a few laughs out of him as well as quite a few nods and smiles which helped me relax a little. Then he asked me if I was ready to meet all of the testing leads. I said sure.

That's when I felt like the real interview began haha. 4 more guys walk in and shake my hand. They all take a seat and one of them hands me a 3d puzzle and tells me I have 10 minutes to solve it. While I was attempting to give my full attention to solving this puzzle (I love puzzles and logic games by the way) they proceed to start asking me questions. I answer as best I can but this puzzle is really kicking my butt (can't use "bad language")! lol Is this thing supposed to be a cube? (I only heard "maybe" as a response) well it would help if it wasn't all black, like color coding for each side ("that wouldn't really be challenging then would it" another guy responded to a few chuckles) "ok. point there". So I go on about me again and who I am, where I come from, I try to keep it light and personable. I notice that several are taking down notes and are nodding and I often get a few laughs out of them which I take as a good sign.

FINALLY FINISHED THE PUZZLE!!!! The guys applaud as apparently, only 4 others have ever completed it... totally taking the kudos and praise when one guys pipes up and says, "technically that took you 20 minutes tho". I hang my head comically then look up to retort "I will take the small victories where I can! Sure I went over on time, but I solved that darned thing and that is one less challenge for me to overcome!" I proceeded to tell him about my learning disability and how I have worked though it my whole life with little to no help from others (I have ADD and refuse to take medications for it). He thanked me for my honesty and was utterly impressed that I was able to multi-task the way I can.

He asked me a few more questions, general ones it seemed, what is my favorite game, what is my least favorite game, why do I love/hate those games, what would I change about them if I could, Do I game on console or PC, what kind of computer systems do I know, do I know any programming languages, stuff like that. Then things got a little more technical. One guy pointed to a phone in the room and asked me how I would test it. I picked up the receiver and listened for a dial tone. Then I told him I would call out and in to make sure that worked. I would test the speakerphone function (after all, we are in a conference room) check the global address list to ensure the phone is synced to the servers. Check to see if any functions on the phone are improperly configured, then check to see if the phone is physically damaged, if it is in need of repairs, are the cable connections secure, ect.

He asked that question of me with a few different objects in the room (the most challenging one I found to be was a white board eraser!). Then after they felt satisfied that they had asked me enough, they asked if I had any questions for them. I had a few but mostly for my own curiosity: what's a typical day at work like, what would my next step in the hiring process be, ect.

Beware of the dreaded final question tho! "Tell us a joke". It gets me every time! The purpose of the question is to see how spontaneous you are and how creative you can be especially when some curve ball is thrown at you. I told some lame joke and got a few chuckles but I don't think it really became funny until one of my interviewers expanded on it and why it was funny and then everyone really joined in on the humor of it...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke.   View Answer
  • If I give you a patch to test and you only have time to test one thing before it is sent out, what do you test?   View Answer

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to an external recruiter on LinkedIn Jobs. They responded in after about 2 weeks.

The recruiter arranged for a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter conducted a thorough interview. The questions covered background, experience leading people and knowledge about managing operations teams. There was a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.

The next interview was arranged with the EA team, a 1 hour team interview. The team was comprised of the managers that would report to the director. It was a standard well conducted interview.

Interview Question – There were no especially tough questions most were based on the ability to manage teams and customers. "How would you handle a customer in a given situation?" being the toughest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume to them and they contacted me a few days later asking if I wanted an opportunity for an interview. The interview itself was pretty informal, with one interviewer and a previous intern. The interviewer generally seemed a little cold and only asked technical questions. There was only a few minutes for me to ask questions, and the answers seemed somewhat scripted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was writing a program that matched brackets using a stack.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email a few weeks after submitting my resume at an info-session on University Campus. Set up a phone interview (basic screening) followed by an on-site interview (one technical with 2 engineers and one half behavioral/half technical). They allowed me to code in any language (white board questions). I made a couple of mistakes but they were very nice in walking me through some things I couldn't recall. A couple of questions were

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will give you the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at any given time.   Answer Question
  • In any language, define an animal class with 2 subclasses, each with at least 2 attributes. Subsequent questions followed involving the modification of the classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The contract said the offer was non-negotiable. However, a peer of mine had competing offer and was able to negotiate a raise.

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative

Interviewed at Electronic Arts

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. We as interns had to create a facebook fan page and get as many people to like our page from there highest pages got the interviews it was a simple phone interview and we got the job.

Interview Question – There really weren't any   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Maitland, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to EA by a friend who worked there. My initial talk was with his current manager on the phone. I took a trip to FL and had an in-person interview there with a manager. While there I took their skills test. A few days later I had a follow-up interview with team members in Canada. I was told I was the first to interview for the position and they took several weeks to make a decision.

Interview Question – During my in-person interview I was asked to write a few versions of a string-copy function, and we also walked through how to construct a garbage collector. The skills test is confidential, but prospective employees should be aware of a variety of topics from memory, to debugging, to AI concepts. Not all questions need to be answered in the allotted time, but having some knowledge in as many categories as possible and solid knowledge is a few should get you through depending on your level of entry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but one who is more inclined to do so should be encouraged to try. In addition to asking about salary, try to increase the amount of stock that you'll be granted.