Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

One short phone interview, one in-person interview. On-site interview was fairly long and detailed, mostly asking for elaboration of items on my resume. I have many years of experience in the industry, and the general feel of the office was good. Open spaces, professional yet casual, personal decorations seemed to be encouraged.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have so many short-term jobs on your resume?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was actually fairly quick and simple, considering they were looking to hire 200 people within the next month. After getting the call for an interview, I arrived and sat in a room with 6 or 7 others. In order to speed up the process, Carlos (the recruiter) interviewed us all in the same room, with each of us taking our turn to tell everyone our names, info about us, and answering a few questions about what sorts of video games we liked and other questions like that.

Afterwards, he took us all through a demonstration of what our job would be like. He brought up an old Alpha version of a racing game, and played through a few times, pointing out some of the bugs, and of course emphasized that we weren't playing the games, we were testing them for bugs and glitches.

After this, he told us he would take us each separately from the room to interview us separately, and asked one of us to step out with him.. After about 5 minutes, he stepped back in, and told us we were all hired. Him taking someone from the room separately was his way of playing a little joke on us. We were then taken on a tour of the facility, and then given the requisite run-down of company policies and signing of papers.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Interview

First a general phone call from HR to gauge your interest and explain the roles they have open. They get a feel for you and ask you about your current employment status and bring up relocation if necessary.

Later an interview is scheduled with the team over the phone.

Then if the interview goes well you are flown in for more in depth interview in person. Also you get a chance to understand the teams culture and whats needed for the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how technically adept you are for certain things. They asked very specific questions as to how you would handle automation using certain languages.Also very specific tool questions when dealing with automation and asking the definition of various words, practices, ideas and tools.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Questions

• The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

Interview

I got the phone interview one month after I applied.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me to explain my experience on me resume one by one, and introduced their project to me. I followed up after getting rejected, she just said other competitors are strong.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy (one panel and two phone screens) but the job was vastly misrepresented in all hiring steps and it was not a very cohesive team. What was once a very good Community/Social team within the Web Dev department is now homed within PR and is very corporate-glossy and not a pleasant team to interact within.

I did not like the team and they did not represent the job accurately

QA Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

3 rounds of interview

Negotiation

they offered 160k/year, I asked for $170 and we met at $165.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communications and interview planning went well. I liked the interview pane. I think i would have liked the culture of the company

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel test which I thought was odd since i was applying for a manager job not an analyst role. A business case would have been more appropriate, i think   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Turned in resume at an on-campus infosession. Had a technical 30 minute on-campus interview the next day, asked questions about my experience with Android development as well as some simple coding questions (find an element in a binary search tree, etc). Followed up by a phone interview that was 45 minutes of java language and Android questions.

Interview Questions

• How is the const keyword used in java?   1 Answer