Electronic Arts

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

Director, Online Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Applied for the role and received timely response from recruiter. Said he loved what he saw in my resume and saw a good match. Wanted me to get a phone interview with the hiring manager ASAP. Tried to downplay the negative press that EA has seen much of lately. We set up an appointment, and when the time came...no call. Evidently, a meeting ran long and the interview wasn't able to happen, according to the recruiter. Further attempts to reschedule on my end only resulted in a lack of response from the recruiter. My thoughts are -- if they can't meet an interview and have little respect for my time as a candidate, what would it be like if I were an employee? No thanks.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2013.

I had a phone interview with EA maxis at Emeryville for a software engineering intern position. The interviewer was a designer with past experience in gameplay and AI. He asked me questions on data structures especially, linked list and alternative for linkedlist in STL. The interview went awesome but I got a reject the next day saying that they already had someone in mind who has accepted the offer.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The interview process was really fun and welcoming. The campus is beautiful and you get a mini tour when you arrive, which just makes you want the job more. The questions are inventive and with it being a gamer culture there is a lot of banter and social interaction. The questions made you think but were more about gut response than carefully thought out answers and being prepared. Generally it felt as if they cared about you as a person, not just filling a slot.

Interview Questions
    • If you could do anything, money was no object, what would it be?   View Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2013.

Interview was very simple and conducted in a group. As long as you participated you would get the job. They presented you with a game that had some bugs and wanted you to identify them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimum wage ($7.25/hr)

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I applied online and received a call back in few days. However the interview process was not few days, rather several weeks. I went through 3 phone calls, and 2 phone technical interviews that took more than a month. They finally scheduled an onsite interview, but that got cancelled on the next day because of unclear issue. Didn't hear back for a week and a half while they scheduled another phone screening, which didn't involve much of technical details. After another week they told me the position I was applying for was placed on hold indefinitely. During this 6-7 weeks time I rejected two other offers with much smaller companies. This process took too much time, and most of the time I was simply waiting. The folks I've talked with were all very nice, I wasn't rushed to give an answer to a question I got stuck on. The phone interviewers gave me great details about the EA work life and team structure which gave me motivation to pursue the position even further.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

Got an email a few weeks after submitting my resume at an info-session on University Campus. Set up a phone interview (basic screening) followed by an on-site interview (one technical with 2 engineers and one half behavioral/half technical). They allowed me to code in any language (white board questions). I made a couple of mistakes but they were very nice in walking me through some things I couldn't recall. A couple of questions were

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that will give you the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at any given time.   Answer Question
    • In any language, define an animal class with 2 subclasses, each with at least 2 attributes. Subsequent questions followed involving the modification of the classes.   Answer Question
    The contract said the offer was non-negotiable. However, a peer of mine had competing offer and was able to negotiate a raise.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

I applied via their website and got an email from the HR to schedule a phone interview two weeks after.

The interview focused on personal strengths and weaknesses. They focused on previous work experience (almost all questions were about it). They also asked about experience with MS Excel, Access, and Powerpoint.

HR emailed their decision a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest challenge and learnings from previous workplace.   Answer Question

Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

The interview process from start, to when I was formally declined took over 2 months total. During that time there were periods of intense activity then long radio silence. In total, I had nearly a dozen phone interviews and one all-day on-site. The phone interviews were all great, focused and on-point. The in-person ones were a bit more scattered with some individuals not knowing what they were interviewing me for, and a few random people just not showing up at all.

Those I did interview with were all really passionate, engaged and excited about the work they were doing. Unfortunately, the process was so convoluted and drawn-out that it took any sense of urgency out of the process by the end. It didn't help that the company went through several waves of large layoffs between when I applied and when I was declined.

Overall, the process suffered from red tape and poor communication. Terrific people, terrible process.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then was invited to have a phone interview with another director in the team. This was by phone the following day. After the approval of that manager, I was invited back by the recruiter to attend a half day at the office and spoke to 5 other Directors in the team I would be working with. They were relaxed interviews with a variety of questions based on my history and skills (tools I use, hypothetical situations).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a difficult team member. What happened and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

IT Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2013.

Interview process is chaotic, interviewers came into the interview without knowing what they were interviewing the candidate for. One interviewer even apologized in front of the candidate to asking the previous interviewer what this role is all about. I cannot figure out as a candidate this chaotic interview process.

Interview Questions
    • people coming from start-ups who have not worked for 15+ years in one company are not well received..   View Answer