Electronic Arts

170 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about the opening through a friend who works there and was able to bypass HR and speak directly with the hiring manager. Following that phone interview I was contacted by HR and brought in for in-person interviews. The interviews were panel style and lasted 4 hours.

Interview Question – The first thing I was asked to do was sit down at a computer and play an online/Facebook game. I was given a sheet of questions and 30 minutes to play the game, and answer the questions. It was recommended that I also put together a PPT presentation as the next 30 minutes was me presenting to the person that would be my boss and 2 other members of the team. Questions ranged from how I would market the game, thoughts for bringing in new players, thoughts on partnerships, etc.   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted recruiter directly, heard back from him in a month. The phone screening was very technical and long. was told would let me know within 3 days. But never did. I followed up 3 times. No response at all. I really feel like I am a good fit. And was pretty sad that recruiter didn't give me a response. Yes, nothing!!!

Interview Question – how to use some pricing models to get promotional price?
2 case studies
  Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2012.

Interview Details – HR recruiter was professional and courteous. Aftre that call talked with the hiring manager and the conversation went well - I was very impressed with his knowledge and he asked good probing questions, but all were very fair.

A few weeks later went to EA campus for the face-to-face interviews including a lunch time one. Initially all went well, but after lunch met with the big boss (hiring manager's boss) and he seemed pissed off at me from the outset. He did not seem satisfied with any response I gave and he drilled down in to an area where I was not that knowledgeable. It took up one line of my 2 page resume. The more uncomfortable I became the more he pushed. Throughout the interview there was no eye contact. The next two interviewers did not even show up and I was kept waiting for an hour, not knowing what was gong on. In the end realizing I was wasting my time, I just left. After my bad experience, this was not the group within EA for me.

Interview Question – Details of the technology used for previous job in great depth.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts in December 2008.

Interview Details – A HR Recruiter came to my college to promote EA and collect applications. We submitted our resumes & cover letters and he selected people for on-campus interviews. 2-3 months later, those of us who passed round 1 got calls from the recruiter to set up phone interviews with the team we'd be interning with. After phone interviews, it took between 2-4 weeks for the recruiter to inform us if we got an internship or not.

Interview Question – What's the most valuable thing I learned at my college's program? This was more difficult because the interviewer was very hard to read. He kept a straight face through most of the interview.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2010.

Interview Details – 15 levels of interview, mostly on past achievements, challenges, and how I had handled them. Responsibilities handled. I felt that my manager was trying to get a consensus built.

Interview Question – nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2012.

Interview Details – Received phone interview call after applying online on company website.

Interview Question – Given a stack containing values, implement min() operation to find minimum of all the values in O(1) time. Push() and Pop() should run in O(1) as well.   View Answers (3)

Development Director Interview

Development Director
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Very well managed interview process, actually by far the promptest and most responsive hiring team I have encountered. I had applied online a few months back before EA reached out to me. Luckily I was still in the market. An HR recruiter called me and scheduled a quick interview. At the end of the phone call he asked me if I was available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He promptly scheduled the next phone interview for the next day. The phone interview with the hiring manager went well and again at the end of the conversation she indicated she wanted me to come in for a face to face. I was invited to go to the EA office in Playa Vista. My face to face consisted of 3 people and 3 hours of interviewing. Overall the experience was pleasant, quick and fun. A week after my interview I got a call from HR asking me for a background check and an offer.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some wiggle room but overall they were pretty set on their offer.

Very Easy Interview

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2011.

Interview Details – I answered an ad in the newspaper, by mailing my resume. I recieved a phone call, a sort of preliminary interview...to discuss the job and the pay. The actual interview was in a group setting, it was actually quite entertaining. EA is not a difficult company to get on with if you are beta testing or handling quality assurance, however they only hire through a staffing agency and only offer one year contracts.

Interview Question – Questions about your background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very laid back, the job is a take it or leave it, no negotiation on wage or benefits, etc.

Operations Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got interviewed and right in the beginning was told that the requisitions has changed. There is something else in my resume he wants to discuss. But to my surprise he was rude and kept his phone on during the interview. then nobody got in touch with me. I called to check back and found out that I am not a good fit. The thing that gets me is that they changed the requisition and nobody knows about it. My recruiter she was very sweet but had no idea about the situation.

Interview Question – The process problems they are having   Answer Question