Electronic Arts

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

Data Warehouse Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Applied online and after a while, their recruiter contacted me to setup a phone interview.
    Asked lot of questions about OOP concepts like virtual function, virtual destructor,virtual constructor, static functions and data members, polymorphism, asked to code to find out if a given tree was a BST or not

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I applied through the website and then contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter gave me one interview, then I got passed onto the hiring manager who interviewed me via the phone. I then got called into the office where I was interviewed by 5 people separately.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the role you're currently interviewing for.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase is almost non-existent. I negotiated for the top level because the role was a paygrade down from what I was paid at my previous job.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I reached out to a former coworker of mine now working at EA. It took about four emails from me to finally get a reply. Once I finally did hear back it turned out they were eager to have a chat. The interview was two parts. The process leading up to it was very professional. The first person I was meant to speak to was running a little late and the coordinator called to let me know.

The questions were very easy, I expected a lot more grilling. General questions about what I had done in the past. Both sets of people I spoke to were very pleasant.

They did not appear to have a clear understanding of what type of person they were after.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about what I had done and how I did it. Overall I expected harder questions to be quite honest.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

The recruiting process was good. The first interview happened with recruiter/HR.
    The next interview was with Hiring manger. This was the first level of non HR interview. This was totally technical interview. No management questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too many deep technical questions for a director role.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Applied online and a recruiter emailed me the next day. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and he scheduled me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. After a brief 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, I was scheduled to come in for an in person. I came in 2 weeks later (due to holidays) and met with the hiring manager, another manager, vp, 2 analysts, and the recruiter. Process took about 4 hours. I felt the interview went well. Everyone was nice and very engaged. I felt confident about my answers. Did all the usual follow up procedures and NEVER heard back.

Interview Questions
    • how would you maximize profits of apps that are not performing well anymore?   Answer Question
    • how would you justify keeping an app at an initial cost instead of pricing it as free?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2013.

Had an on-campus interview with a technical guy. He was nice -- we chatted about games that I liked, why I wanted to work for them, and my courses. He gave me a coding question that was pretty easy about array manipulation, but I got nervous and messed it up.

Interview Questions
    • array manipulation q -- I hadn't been expecting a technical question for this particular interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Contacted recruiter directly, heard back from him in a month. The phone screening was very technical and long. was told would let me know within 3 days. But never did. I followed up 3 times. No response at all. I really feel like I am a good fit. And was pretty sad that recruiter didn't give me a response. Yes, nothing!!!

Interview Questions
    • how to use some pricing models to get promotional price?
      2 case studies

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Took 1 30 mins phone interrview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.