Electronic Arts

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2013.

Had an on-campus interview with a technical guy. He was nice -- we chatted about games that I liked, why I wanted to work for them, and my courses. He gave me a coding question that was pretty easy about array manipulation, but I got nervous and messed it up.

Interview Questions
    • array manipulation q -- I hadn't been expecting a technical question for this particular interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Contacted recruiter directly, heard back from him in a month. The phone screening was very technical and long. was told would let me know within 3 days. But never did. I followed up 3 times. No response at all. I really feel like I am a good fit. And was pretty sad that recruiter didn't give me a response. Yes, nothing!!!

Interview Questions
    • how to use some pricing models to get promotional price?
      2 case studies

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Took 1 30 mins phone interrview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

I submitted resume online and got contact by the recruiter. The first round was a phone interview (1 hour) about my projects/research and related techniques, the second round was an offline coding test (2 hours), coding and a design question, and the last was the on-site interviews with 6 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry I cannot disclose the questions. Mainly related to your background.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2012.

HR recruiter was professional and courteous. Aftre that call talked with the hiring manager and the conversation went well - I was very impressed with his knowledge and he asked good probing questions, but all were very fair.

A few weeks later went to EA campus for the face-to-face interviews including a lunch time one. Initially all went well, but after lunch met with the big boss (hiring manager's boss) and he seemed pissed off at me from the outset. He did not seem satisfied with any response I gave and he drilled down in to an area where I was not that knowledgeable. It took up one line of my 2 page resume. The more uncomfortable I became the more he pushed. Throughout the interview there was no eye contact. The next two interviewers did not even show up and I was kept waiting for an hour, not knowing what was gong on. In the end realizing I was wasting my time, I just left. After my bad experience, this was not the group within EA for me.

Interview Questions
    • Details of the technology used for previous job in great depth.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

after two rounds of phone interview, took a plane to SF, EA maxis headquarter for an onsite interview. There were three rounds, first round was two young engineer asking some resumes questions and then some geometry question solving. After that, recuriter took me a tour around office a little bit before I entered the second round facing two senior engineers. Questions are kinda simple, basically about OO language in C# and some C++ tricks. Last is a leisure interview with the project manager, nothing needs to be noticed.

Interview Questions
    • some question related with sims which I have no experienced at all   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

I heard about the opening through a friend who works there and was able to bypass HR and speak directly with the hiring manager. Following that phone interview I was contacted by HR and brought in for in-person interviews. The interviews were panel style and lasted 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The first thing I was asked to do was sit down at a computer and play an online/Facebook game. I was given a sheet of questions and 30 minutes to play the game, and answer the questions. It was recommended that I also put together a PPT presentation as the next 30 minutes was me presenting to the person that would be my boss and 2 other members of the team. Questions ranged from how I would market the game, thoughts for bringing in new players, thoughts on partnerships, etc.   View Answer

Technical Artist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2012.

Had a a couple phone interviews before an onsite. The onsite was more rigorous than the phone interviews, met with many small groups over the course of a day. Questions were about coding, art, debugging, communication, and collaboration skills.

Interview Questions
    • Not an unexpected question but always one in which I struggle to answer in a generic fashion: How to you solve a problem?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the base salary, but the package already included starting bonus, relocation, and temporary housing so I was not able to shift the salary by much.