Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It was lengthy but all my questions were answered and the game rules were established since the first call. Went through technical tests and it was pretty great experience. Manager was very professional conducting interview

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

You'll interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. You'll probably talk to people who have been with EA for years. EA has a lot of long-timers.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk about how you would solve problems and be specific. Real worlds example are good. Also be a gamer, and please, the play the game you are interviewing to work on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very very nice recruiters, but a very rude phone screen. Something about asking a question and then shutting up for the next 15 mins doesnt feel right!!!

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Campus Interview and then 2 phone interviews.

Director, Online Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for the role and received timely response from recruiter. Said he loved what he saw in my resume and saw a good match. Wanted me to get a phone interview with the hiring manager ASAP. Tried to downplay the negative press that EA has seen much of lately. We set up an appointment, and when the time came...no call. Evidently, a meeting ran long and the interview wasn't able to happen, according to the recruiter. Further attempts to reschedule on my end only resulted in a lack of response from the recruiter. My thoughts are -- if they can't meet an interview and have little respect for my time as a candidate, what would it be like if I were an employee? No thanks.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was very simple and conducted in a group. As long as you participated you would get the job. They presented you with a game that had some bugs and wanted you to identify them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage ($7.25/hr)

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Emeryville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with EA maxis at Emeryville for a software engineering intern position. The interviewer was a designer with past experience in gameplay and AI. He asked me questions on data structures especially, linked list and alternative for linkedlist in STL. The interview went awesome but I got a reject the next day saying that they already had someone in mind who has accepted the offer.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really fun and welcoming. The campus is beautiful and you get a mini tour when you arrive, which just makes you want the job more. The questions are inventive and with it being a gamer culture there is a lot of banter and social interaction. The questions made you think but were more about gut response than carefully thought out answers and being prepared. Generally it felt as if they cared about you as a person, not just filling a slot.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything, money was no object, what would it be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back in few days. However the interview process was not few days, rather several weeks. I went through 3 phone calls, and 2 phone technical interviews that took more than a month. They finally scheduled an onsite interview, but that got cancelled on the next day because of unclear issue. Didn't hear back for a week and a half while they scheduled another phone screening, which didn't involve much of technical details. After another week they told me the position I was applying for was placed on hold indefinitely. During this 6-7 weeks time I rejected two other offers with much smaller companies. This process took too much time, and most of the time I was simply waiting. The folks I've talked with were all very nice, I wasn't rushed to give an answer to a question I got stuck on. The phone interviewers gave me great details about the EA work life and team structure which gave me motivation to pursue the position even further.

Interview Questions

• Abstract class vs Interface class   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

Interview

Got an email a few weeks after submitting my resume at an info-session on University Campus. Set up a phone interview (basic screening) followed by an on-site interview (one technical with 2 engineers and one half behavioral/half technical). They allowed me to code in any language (white board questions). I made a couple of mistakes but they were very nice in walking me through some things I couldn't recall. A couple of questions were

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will give you the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at any given time.   Answer Question
    • In any language, define an animal class with 2 subclasses, each with at least 2 attributes. Subsequent questions followed involving the modification of the classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The contract said the offer was non-negotiable. However, a peer of mine had competing offer and was able to negotiate a raise.