Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.9

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I reached out to a former coworker of mine now working at EA. It took about four emails from me to finally get a reply. Once I finally did hear back it turned out they were eager to have a chat. The interview was two parts. The process leading up to it was very professional. The first person I was meant to speak to was running a little late and the coordinator called to let me know.

The questions were very easy, I expected a lot more grilling. General questions about what I had done in the past. Both sets of people I spoke to were very pleasant.

They did not appear to have a clear understanding of what type of person they were after.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about what I had done and how I did it. Overall I expected harder questions to be quite honest.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

The recruiting process was good. The first interview happened with recruiter/HR.
    The next interview was with Hiring manger. This was the first level of non HR interview. This was totally technical interview. No management questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too many deep technical questions for a director role.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Applied online and a recruiter emailed me the next day. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and he scheduled me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. After a brief 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, I was scheduled to come in for an in person. I came in 2 weeks later (due to holidays) and met with the hiring manager, another manager, vp, 2 analysts, and the recruiter. Process took about 4 hours. I felt the interview went well. Everyone was nice and very engaged. I felt confident about my answers. Did all the usual follow up procedures and NEVER heard back.

Interview Questions
    • how would you maximize profits of apps that are not performing well anymore?   Answer Question
    • how would you justify keeping an app at an initial cost instead of pricing it as free?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2013.

Had an on-campus interview with a technical guy. He was nice -- we chatted about games that I liked, why I wanted to work for them, and my courses. He gave me a coding question that was pretty easy about array manipulation, but I got nervous and messed it up.

Interview Questions
    • array manipulation q -- I hadn't been expecting a technical question for this particular interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Contacted recruiter directly, heard back from him in a month. The phone screening was very technical and long. was told would let me know within 3 days. But never did. I followed up 3 times. No response at all. I really feel like I am a good fit. And was pretty sad that recruiter didn't give me a response. Yes, nothing!!!

Interview Questions
    • how to use some pricing models to get promotional price?
      2 case studies

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD
    Anonymous Employee in California, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Took 1 30 mins phone interrview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

I submitted resume online and got contact by the recruiter. The first round was a phone interview (1 hour) about my projects/research and related techniques, the second round was an offline coding test (2 hours), coding and a design question, and the last was the on-site interviews with 6 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry I cannot disclose the questions. Mainly related to your background.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2012.

HR recruiter was professional and courteous. Aftre that call talked with the hiring manager and the conversation went well - I was very impressed with his knowledge and he asked good probing questions, but all were very fair.

A few weeks later went to EA campus for the face-to-face interviews including a lunch time one. Initially all went well, but after lunch met with the big boss (hiring manager's boss) and he seemed pissed off at me from the outset. He did not seem satisfied with any response I gave and he drilled down in to an area where I was not that knowledgeable. It took up one line of my 2 page resume. The more uncomfortable I became the more he pushed. Throughout the interview there was no eye contact. The next two interviewers did not even show up and I was kept waiting for an hour, not knowing what was gong on. In the end realizing I was wasting my time, I just left. After my bad experience, this was not the group within EA for me.

Interview Questions
    • Details of the technology used for previous job in great depth.   Answer Question