Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Strategic Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about the opening through a friend who works there and was able to bypass HR and speak directly with the hiring manager. Following that phone interview I was contacted by HR and brought in for in-person interviews. The interviews were panel style and lasted 4 hours.

Interview Question – The first thing I was asked to do was sit down at a computer and play an online/Facebook game. I was given a sheet of questions and 30 minutes to play the game, and answer the questions. It was recommended that I also put together a PPT presentation as the next 30 minutes was me presenting to the person that would be my boss and 2 other members of the team. Questions ranged from how I would market the game, thoughts for bringing in new players, thoughts on partnerships, etc.   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted recruiter directly, heard back from him in a month. The phone screening was very technical and long. was told would let me know within 3 days. But never did. I followed up 3 times. No response at all. I really feel like I am a good fit. And was pretty sad that recruiter didn't give me a response. Yes, nothing!!!

Interview Question – how to use some pricing models to get promotional price?
2 case studies
  Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Development Director
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Very well managed interview process, actually by far the promptest and most responsive hiring team I have encountered. I had applied online a few months back before EA reached out to me. Luckily I was still in the market. An HR recruiter called me and scheduled a quick interview. At the end of the phone call he asked me if I was available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He promptly scheduled the next phone interview for the next day. The phone interview with the hiring manager went well and again at the end of the conversation she indicated she wanted me to come in for a face to face. I was invited to go to the EA office in Playa Vista. My face to face consisted of 3 people and 3 hours of interviewing. Overall the experience was pleasant, quick and fun. A week after my interview I got a call from HR asking me for a background check and an offer.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some wiggle room but overall they were pretty set on their offer.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2008.

Interview Details – Met with many members of the technical team and studio heads. Different groups of the different studio teams came in groups to ask questions about experience and how I would handle specific problems. They described the project responsibilities and asked about various projects in the past.

Interview Question – Ask to describe how to write a lighting equation in a vertex shader. It had been a while since I had done graphics programming.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back a week later from the recruiter. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter the next day and was told the next day that I would be moving forward with a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later and was also told a few hours later that I would be moving forward. A few days later, I went to the office for the final round interview. The final round interview consisted of four in person interviews including the hiring manager. It lasted around 2.5 hours.

The questions asked for all these interviews were pretty basic and mostly consisted of easy fit questions and questions such as rate your Excel skills. I was surprised that none of my interviewers were video game players. Most of them said that they don't really play any video games. There isn't anything wrong with this but for a gaming company, I would expect the employees to be enthusiastic about gaming. The interview process moved quickly although I found the final interview to be disorganized and the interviewers to be rude. Some of the interviewers made me wait 20-30 minutes before they came to interview me. I am giving this interview experience a negative rating as after this interview I have not heard any response even after I followed up with them. I also did not like waiting for 20-30 minutes during the interview rounds which is also why I am giving a negative rating. The process was fast however.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2010.

Interview Details – Appeared for an on-campus interview.
Was selected for the next round, then had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join the gaming industry when everyday so many people are fired?   View Answer
  • Explain the merge sort algorithm   View Answers (2)

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!