Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2009.

Interview Details – One full day of interviews with 6 different people/groups of people. Had to come back for few more hours to meet the team manager.

Interview Question – How do you compute the collision of two spheres moving? I want the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.   View Answer

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to an external recruiter on LinkedIn Jobs. They responded in after about 2 weeks.

The recruiter arranged for a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter conducted a thorough interview. The questions covered background, experience leading people and knowledge about managing operations teams. There was a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.

The next interview was arranged with the EA team, a 1 hour team interview. The team was comprised of the managers that would report to the director. It was a standard well conducted interview.

Interview Question – There were no especially tough questions most were based on the ability to manage teams and customers. "How would you handle a customer in a given situation?" being the toughest.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Producer
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – You'll interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. You'll probably talk to people who have been with EA for years. EA has a lot of long-timers.

Interview Question – Be ready to talk about how you would solve problems and be specific. Real worlds example are good. Also be a gamer, and please, the play the game you are interviewing to work on.   View Answer

IT Role Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is chaotic, interviewers came into the interview without knowing what they were interviewing the candidate for. One interviewer even apologized in front of the candidate to asking the previous interviewer what this role is all about. I cannot figure out as a candidate this chaotic interview process.

Interview Question – people coming from start-ups who have not worked for 15+ years in one company are not well received..   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then was invited to have a phone interview with another director in the team. This was by phone the following day. After the approval of that manager, I was invited back by the recruiter to attend a half day at the office and spoke to 5 other Directors in the team I would be working with. They were relaxed interviews with a variety of questions based on my history and skills (tools I use, hypothetical situations).

Interview Question – Describe a time you encountered a difficult team member. What happened and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted resume online and got contact by the recruiter. The first round was a phone interview (1 hour) about my projects/research and related techniques, the second round was an offline coding test (2 hours), coding and a design question, and the last was the on-site interviews with 6 rounds.

Interview Question – Sorry I cannot disclose the questions. Mainly related to your background.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2012.

Interview Details – HR recruiter was professional and courteous. Aftre that call talked with the hiring manager and the conversation went well - I was very impressed with his knowledge and he asked good probing questions, but all were very fair.

A few weeks later went to EA campus for the face-to-face interviews including a lunch time one. Initially all went well, but after lunch met with the big boss (hiring manager's boss) and he seemed pissed off at me from the outset. He did not seem satisfied with any response I gave and he drilled down in to an area where I was not that knowledgeable. It took up one line of my 2 page resume. The more uncomfortable I became the more he pushed. Throughout the interview there was no eye contact. The next two interviewers did not even show up and I was kept waiting for an hour, not knowing what was gong on. In the end realizing I was wasting my time, I just left. After my bad experience, this was not the group within EA for me.

Interview Question – Details of the technology used for previous job in great depth.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2010.

Interview Details – 15 levels of interview, mostly on past achievements, challenges, and how I had handled them. Responsibilities handled. I felt that my manager was trying to get a consensus built.

Interview Question – nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got interviewed and right in the beginning was told that the requisitions has changed. There is something else in my resume he wants to discuss. But to my surprise he was rude and kept his phone on during the interview. then nobody got in touch with me. I called to check back and found out that I am not a good fit. The thing that gets me is that they changed the requisition and nobody knows about it. My recruiter she was very sweet but had no idea about the situation.

Interview Question – The process problems they are having   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Arts

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts interview questions and advice in Redwood City, CA. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees and interview candidates.