Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Applied in Jan. Was interviewed a month and a half after. Received an email for interview set-up and there was an on sight interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by 2 people but only 1 showed up. The person who interviewed me kept on yawning while I was explaining my previous work (which was rude and caught me off guard).

Interview Question – Asked me about myself, previous experience, and a good discussion on games.   Answer Question

Contract Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Contract Quality Assurance Analyst
Emeryville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2012.

Interview Details – Great interview. I was interview by the manager of the department and the two QA leads. The interviewers were easy going but also asked great questions. You could tell that they got along really well and, therefore, probably worked together really well. Also, that gaming was very important to them but not a necessity. I myself did not have a lot of experience in gaming however they gave me a chance considering my experience in the QA field and also my enthusiasm and willingness to learn about a different platform. My favorite part, and also one of the most interesting aspects, was that in beginning of the interview they gave me a puzzle to solve. I was to solve it by the end of the interview.

Interview Question – The puzzle.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

3D Generalist Interview

3D Generalist
Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was only one phone interview, and I only had to talk to one person. The questions were all fairly easy, mainly checking if I knew how to do the tasks that were going to be needed.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. They were just mainly concerned if I could do low poly modeling, being that my portfolio was predominantly high poly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They simply asked what I wanted, then checked with HR if it was possible. They skimmed a bit off of the topped, which was to be expected. I usually ask for a bit more than I want to make.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2009.

Interview Details – One full day of interviews with 6 different people/groups of people. Had to come back for few more hours to meet the team manager.

Interview Question – How do you compute the collision of two spheres moving? I want the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Quality Assurance Tester
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was taken into my interview room (it was named creepy which I thought was cool) One of the other senior execs that I was to interview with was out so it was just a one on one which I liked. We talked for quite a while, he explained to me the various aspects of the role I would take on there, what a typical day was like... he seemed to like me and as I explained my background and experiences, I got a few laughs out of him as well as quite a few nods and smiles which helped me relax a little. Then he asked me if I was ready to meet all of the testing leads. I said sure.

That's when I felt like the real interview began haha. 4 more guys walk in and shake my hand. They all take a seat and one of them hands me a 3d puzzle and tells me I have 10 minutes to solve it. While I was attempting to give my full attention to solving this puzzle (I love puzzles and logic games by the way) they proceed to start asking me questions. I answer as best I can but this puzzle is really kicking my butt (can't use "bad language")! lol Is this thing supposed to be a cube? (I only heard "maybe" as a response) well it would help if it wasn't all black, like color coding for each side ("that wouldn't really be challenging then would it" another guy responded to a few chuckles) "ok. point there". So I go on about me again and who I am, where I come from, I try to keep it light and personable. I notice that several are taking down notes and are nodding and I often get a few laughs out of them which I take as a good sign.

FINALLY FINISHED THE PUZZLE!!!! The guys applaud as apparently, only 4 others have ever completed it... totally taking the kudos and praise when one guys pipes up and says, "technically that took you 20 minutes tho". I hang my head comically then look up to retort "I will take the small victories where I can! Sure I went over on time, but I solved that darned thing and that is one less challenge for me to overcome!" I proceeded to tell him about my learning disability and how I have worked though it my whole life with little to no help from others (I have ADD and refuse to take medications for it). He thanked me for my honesty and was utterly impressed that I was able to multi-task the way I can.

He asked me a few more questions, general ones it seemed, what is my favorite game, what is my least favorite game, why do I love/hate those games, what would I change about them if I could, Do I game on console or PC, what kind of computer systems do I know, do I know any programming languages, stuff like that. Then things got a little more technical. One guy pointed to a phone in the room and asked me how I would test it. I picked up the receiver and listened for a dial tone. Then I told him I would call out and in to make sure that worked. I would test the speakerphone function (after all, we are in a conference room) check the global address list to ensure the phone is synced to the servers. Check to see if any functions on the phone are improperly configured, then check to see if the phone is physically damaged, if it is in need of repairs, are the cable connections secure, ect.

He asked that question of me with a few different objects in the room (the most challenging one I found to be was a white board eraser!). Then after they felt satisfied that they had asked me enough, they asked if I had any questions for them. I had a few but mostly for my own curiosity: what's a typical day at work like, what would my next step in the hiring process be, ect.

Beware of the dreaded final question tho! "Tell us a joke". It gets me every time! The purpose of the question is to see how spontaneous you are and how creative you can be especially when some curve ball is thrown at you. I told some lame joke and got a few chuckles but I don't think it really became funny until one of my interviewers expanded on it and why it was funny and then everyone really joined in on the humor of it...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke.   View Answer
  • If I give you a patch to test and you only have time to test one thing before it is sent out, what do you test?   View Answer

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to an external recruiter on LinkedIn Jobs. They responded in after about 2 weeks.

The recruiter arranged for a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter conducted a thorough interview. The questions covered background, experience leading people and knowledge about managing operations teams. There was a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.

The next interview was arranged with the EA team, a 1 hour team interview. The team was comprised of the managers that would report to the director. It was a standard well conducted interview.

Interview Question – There were no especially tough questions most were based on the ability to manage teams and customers. "How would you handle a customer in a given situation?" being the toughest.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite slow. It was about a week or two between each interview before hearing back. Also, each interviewer asked almost the same questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Producer
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – You'll interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. You'll probably talk to people who have been with EA for years. EA has a lot of long-timers.

Interview Question – Be ready to talk about how you would solve problems and be specific. Real worlds example are good. Also be a gamer, and please, the play the game you are interviewing to work on.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with EA maxis at Emeryville for a software engineering intern position. The interviewer was a designer with past experience in gameplay and AI. He asked me questions on data structures especially, linked list and alternative for linkedlist in STL. The interview went awesome but I got a reject the next day saying that they already had someone in mind who has accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

IT Role Interview

IT Role
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is chaotic, interviewers came into the interview without knowing what they were interviewing the candidate for. One interviewer even apologized in front of the candidate to asking the previous interviewer what this role is all about. I cannot figure out as a candidate this chaotic interview process.

Interview Question – people coming from start-ups who have not worked for 15+ years in one company are not well received..   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Arts

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!