Electronic Arts Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.9

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty lengthy, but not hard. I received an email from a recruiter a few weeks after I applied and we scheduled a date for a phone interview. I made it passed the phone screen and was invited to headquarters to meet with members of the team. It was set up so I would have three 30 min interviews back to back with members in low to high positions. The last person I was supposed to meet with ended up having to reschedule so I ended up having a phone interview a few days later. Finally after that I was emailed by the recruiter letting me know that the team like me and wanted me to move onto the final round. This was an interview with the VP of Marketing (North America). A few days after my interview with him I received another email from the recruiter letting me know that the team would like to extend an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experiences and background, why I want to work for EA, strengths and weaknesses, experience with video games, marketing related questions, etc.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received email to schedule a phone interview about one month after I applied online. Received call from the manager I would be reporting to. He seemed very interested, but I never received a call back to let me know either way. interviewer was pleasant but it was strange not receiving any information after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad! Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied in Jan. Was interviewed a month and a half after. Received an email for interview set-up and there was an on sight interview. I was supposed to be interviewed by 2 people but only 1 showed up. The person who interviewed me kept on yawning while I was explaining my previous work (which was rude and caught me off guard).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about myself, previous experience, and a good discussion on games.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and responded quickly. I had been interviewing for positions, but working for a video game company has always been a dream of mine. The recruiter scheduled a call a couple of days later. This was a short call just to make sure we were on the same page with the position I applied for. He scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. This was a 20-30 min call to discuss the role and my skills. Very high level, gauging my interest in the industry, excel skills etc. After this they scheduled an on-site with the same manager, and sent an excel test. Nothing extremely complicated, but I've worked with excel a lot. I had the on-site and we talked about the org and business structure. They scheduled another on-site - this one was the big one. 4 half-hour interviews back-to-back. I met people in various roles that I'd likely cross paths with in the position. Some asked quantitative questions, some just wanted to know my skill set. All asked what games I was playing. I had one more on-site with someone that I'd work with on the team a lot, and they called shortly after and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What games have you been playing?   Answer Question
    • How would you do an analysis of a potential mobile market in another country?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy (one panel and two phone screens) but the job was vastly misrepresented in all hiring steps and it was not a very cohesive team. What was once a very good Community/Social team within the Web Dev department is now homed within PR and is very corporate-glossy and not a pleasant team to interact within.

I did not like the team and they did not represent the job accurately

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume to an external recruiter on LinkedIn Jobs. They responded in after about 2 weeks. The recruiter arranged for a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter conducted a thorough interview. The questions covered background, experience leading people and knowledge about managing operations teams. There was a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management. The next interview was arranged with the EA team, a 1 hour team interview. The team was comprised of the managers that would report to the director. It was a standard well conducted interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no especially tough questions most were based on the ability to manage teams and customers. "How would you handle a customer in a given situation?" being the toughest.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Emeryville, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was taken into my interview room (it was named creepy which I thought was cool) One of the other senior execs that I was to interview with was out so it was just a one on one which I liked. We talked for quite a while, he explained to me the various aspects of the role I would take on there, what a typical day was like... he seemed to like me and as I explained my background and experiences, I got a few laughs out of him as well as quite a few nods and smiles which helped me relax a little. Then he asked me if I was ready to meet all of the testing leads. I said sure. That's when I felt like the real interview began haha. 4 more guys walk in and shake my hand. They all take a seat and one of them hands me a 3d puzzle and tells me I have 10 minutes to solve it. While I was attempting to give my full attention to solving this puzzle (I love puzzles and logic games by the way) they proceed to start asking me questions. I answer as best I can but this puzzle is really kicking my butt (can't use "bad language")! lol Is this thing supposed to be a cube? (I only heard "maybe" as a response) well it would help if it wasn't all black, like color coding for each side ("that wouldn't really be challenging then would it" another guy responded to a few chuckles) "ok. point there". So I go on about me again and who I am, where I come from, I try to keep it light and personable. I notice that several are taking down notes and are nodding and I often get a few laughs out of them which I take as a good sign. FINALLY FINISHED THE PUZZLE!!!! The guys applaud as apparently, only 4 others have ever completed it... totally taking the kudos and praise when one guys pipes up and says, "technically that took you 20 minutes tho". I hang my head comically then look up to retort "I will take the small victories where I can! Sure I went over on time, but I solved that darned thing and that is one less challenge for me to overcome!" I proceeded to tell him about my learning disability and how I have worked though it my whole life with little to no help from others (I have ADD and refuse to take medications for it). He thanked me for my honesty and was utterly impressed that I was able to multi-task the way I can. He asked me a few more questions, general ones it seemed, what is my favorite game, what is my least favorite game, why do I love/hate those games, what would I change about them if I could, Do I game on console or PC, what kind of computer systems do I know, do I know any programming languages, stuff like that. Then things got a little more technical. One guy pointed to a phone in the room and asked me how I would test it. I picked up the receiver and listened for a dial tone. Then I told him I would call out and in to make sure that worked. I would test the speakerphone function (after all, we are in a conference room) check the global address list to ensure the phone is synced to the servers. Check to see if any functions on the phone are improperly configured, then check to see if the phone is physically damaged, if it is in need of repairs, are the cable connections secure, ect. He asked that question of me with a few different objects in the room (the most challenging one I found to be was a white board eraser!). Then after they felt satisfied that they had asked me enough, they asked if I had any questions for them. I had a few but mostly for my own curiosity: what's a typical day at work like, what would my next step in the hiring process be, ect. Beware of the dreaded final question tho! "Tell us a joke". It gets me every time! The purpose of the question is to see how spontaneous you are and how creative you can be especially when some curve ball is thrown at you. I told some lame joke and got a few chuckles but I don't think it really became funny until one of my interviewers expanded on it and why it was funny and then everyone really joined in on the humor of it...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke.   1 Answer
    • If I give you a patch to test and you only have time to test one thing before it is sent out, what do you test?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

You'll interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. You'll probably talk to people who have been with EA for years. EA has a lot of long-timers.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk about how you would solve problems and be specific. Real worlds example are good. Also be a gamer, and please, the play the game you are interviewing to work on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Emeryville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with EA maxis at Emeryville for a software engineering intern position. The interviewer was a designer with past experience in gameplay and AI. He asked me questions on data structures especially, linked list and alternative for linkedlist in STL. The interview went awesome but I got a reject the next day saying that they already had someone in mind who has accepted the offer.