Electronic Arts

3.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2009.

One full day of interviews with 6 different people/groups of people. Had to come back for few more hours to meet the team manager.

Interview Questions
  • How do you compute the collision of two spheres moving? I want the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

Took 1 round of phone interview and then 1 onsite interview.

Interviewed with about 3 people onsite. They asked what did you do in the past and some questions about language and algorithms.

Obviously the person does NOT know the right answer, and after I point out he didn't believe it.

The second person asked more absurd questions, even the question is invalid. After I pointed out, he admited he forgot that question in detail, and then took about 10 minutes to fix the question, and I think no one can solve that stupid algorithm during an interview because he said he didn't as well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in June 2013.

I was contacted on the telephone by the HR and programmed for and online interview.
    I had 30 minutes for 2 problems:
    1. An inoder traversal of a binary search tree
    2. Given 2 rectangles intersecting or overlapping together in any corner, how do I determine the total area for the two rectangles without the overlapped (intersection) area?

After the online test I went for a onsite talk.
    First I had a small chat with the HR lady that questioned me about my current job, my plans, and my salary expectations.
    Second a technical interview, some of the questions were:
    1. hardest bug you ever ecnountered
    2. OO concepts (inheritance)
    3. nullify an integer in c++ using just while and increment operators.
    Last I had a chat with 2 managers about my work experience and they presented the company culture etc.

Interview Questions
    • nullify an integer in c++ using just while and increment operators   View Answer

1. My salary were not matched.
    2. They were honest about some payed overtime that they have every year before releases and I thought that it indicates poor planing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The interview was given through a phone call, it lasted about 60 minutes.
    . One question is to introduce yourself and why you are interested in EA.
    . The another question is to tell one project that you are proud of.
    . Write a solution for a car park system.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2012.

I was asked to implement a hands-on game coding on a laptop within 3 hrs time and after finishing it, the HR mentioned that it will be submitted to the UK team who will review it. It may take 1-week time.

Interview Questions
    • Palindrome Game

A palindro is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of units that may be read the same way in either direction, with general
      allowances for adjustments to punctuation and word dividers.

e.g
      1. "Madam, I'm Adam!"
      2. "Do geese see God?"
      3. "A man, a plan, a canal - Panama!"

Implement a console based palindrome game where the input follows a sting and optionally followed by player's name.

Rules
      -----
      1. If the player enters a valid palindrome then increase the score by half the palindrome's length.
      2. The game also lists top 5 Hall-of-Fame players based on the score ranks.
      3. The game should register the player if not already registered.
      4. If the server resets - then the players score should be reset to zero.

Considerations
      1. The game's state should be in-session memory & not to be persisted to disk or database.
      2. Design, Thread Safety, Concurrency & Readability aspects.
      3. Write unit test cases.

Apart from this there are a also another set of technical questions - oops coding (4) & sql (1) - we need to answer by reason &
      implemention.

View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2011.

First I had phone interview which was moderately tough and then I went to EA campus in CA , face to face. I had a total of 4-5 technical rounds which were moderately tough . Totally concentrated on Core java, Front end .

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2009.

I cant remember if I applied or they proactively sought me out. EIther way, an initial phone interview went well, and they then flew me to Vancouver Canada for a series of interviews with members from different teams. I was enthusiastic about the position, but I was nervous as I really wanted it, and made a few faux pas in my answers, that I tried to recover from, but I could tell they were not impressed.

Some of the personal questions I thought I handled very well, but they had some specific technical questions which were more in the realm of things I had done years ago, and frankly I was unable to give good answers. Looking back now I should have prepared better on the OO side of things, as well as taking some basic pseudo coding tests, but I didn't, and if I was them I would not have offered me the job either.

In fairness the reason they gave is that I was not right for the role they were looking for. I think I may have gotten a similar role there, but my current employer was generous, and I think they reckoned I was too expensive given the fact that not all my answers were great.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the objects you would need to create in order to create a soccer game.   Answer Question