Electronic Arts

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Questions
  • The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question
I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

after two rounds of phone interview, took a plane to SF, EA maxis headquarter for an onsite interview. There were three rounds, first round was two young engineer asking some resumes questions and then some geometry question solving. After that, recuriter took me a tour around office a little bit before I entered the second round facing two senior engineers. Questions are kinda simple, basically about OO language in C# and some C++ tricks. Last is a leisure interview with the project manager, nothing needs to be noticed.

Interview Questions
    • some question related with sims which I have no experienced at all   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

EA values technical skills but they believe adaptability (and I agree) is more more important. They would prefer to hire an engineer with potential and good social skills, rather than a top programmer with a cocky attitude.

Easy.

Software Engineer I Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2009.

Very smooth interview none of those annoying problem solving type questions

not much negotiation