Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Arts
- Software Engineer (31)
- QA Tester (22)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Engineer Intern (7)
- Intern (7)
- Development Director (7)
- Software Engineer III (5)
- Data Analyst (4)
- Development Manager (4)
- Software Engineer I (4)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- User Experience Designer (3)
- Marketing Coordinator (3)
- Data Engineer (3)
- Human Resources (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Technical Director (3)
- Technical Artist (2)
- IT Director (2)
- Producer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Game Designer (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Software Quality Engineer (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Coordinator (2)
- Sales Analyst (2)
- Network Engineer (2)
Software Engineer I Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bellevue, WA).
I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.
- The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer. Answer Question
I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.
Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts
Software Engineer I InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.
after two rounds of phone interview, took a plane to SF, EA maxis headquarter for an onsite interview. There were three rounds, first round was two young engineer asking some resumes questions and then some geometry question solving. After that, recuriter took me a tour around office a little bit before I entered the second round facing two senior engineers. Questions are kinda simple, basically about OO language in C# and some C++ tricks. Last is a leisure interview with the project manager, nothing needs to be noticed.
- some question related with sims which I have no experienced at all Answer Question
Software Engineer I InterviewAccepted Offer
EA values technical skills but they believe adaptability (and I agree) is more more important. They would prefer to hire an engineer with potential and good social skills, rather than a top programmer with a cocky attitude.
- What are your weaknesses? 2 Answers
Software Engineer I InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2009.
Very smooth interview none of those annoying problem solving type questions
not much negotiation