Electronic Arts

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Question – The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Software Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

Interview Details – after two rounds of phone interview, took a plane to SF, EA maxis headquarter for an onsite interview. There were three rounds, first round was two young engineer asking some resumes questions and then some geometry question solving. After that, recuriter took me a tour around office a little bit before I entered the second round facing two senior engineers. Questions are kinda simple, basically about OO language in C# and some C++ tricks. Last is a leisure interview with the project manager, nothing needs to be noticed.

Interview Question – some question related with sims which I have no experienced at all   Answer Question

Interviewed at Electronic Arts

Interview Details – EA values technical skills but they believe adaptability (and I agree) is more more important. They would prefer to hire an engineer with potential and good social skills, rather than a top programmer with a cocky attitude.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Software Engineer I

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview none of those annoying problem solving type questions

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!