Electronic Arts

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2015.

Hiring process is similar to most of the company. Firstly HR scheduled a phone interview with the lead of the project for an interview. The interview was short spanned, went likely for 15 mins. After clearing the interview they scheduled a face to face technical interview which went for an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Software Engineer Interview

Average interview. The interviewer is very friendly and the interview process is rather educational. I had a screening interview in the campus. I would recommend reviewing data structure before the interview. HR would also ask behavioral questions after the tech interview. They get a long technical question in just the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2014.

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad!
    Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions
    • you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Turned in resume at an on-campus infosession. Had a technical 30 minute on-campus interview the next day, asked questions about my experience with Android development as well as some simple coding questions (find an element in a binary search tree, etc). Followed up by a phone interview that was 45 minutes of java language and Android questions.

Interview Questions
    • How is the const keyword used in java?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Very very nice recruiters, but a very rude phone screen. Something about asking a question and then shutting up for the next 15 mins doesnt feel right!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2012.

Received phone interview call after applying online on company website.

Interview Questions
    • Given a stack containing values, implement min() operation to find minimum of all the values in O(1) time. Push() and Pop() should run in O(1) as well.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2011.

They called me a couple of weeks after submitting the resume in their jobs website. The day after I did a phone interview that went for 1h. I talked to one of the tech managers and an engineer, both of them were quite nice and made quesitons that made a lot of sense. They weren't algorithm or structures questions, it was more about my experience with other projects with a lot of details.

I received an email 2 days after that to set another interviews at the HQ. Needless to say their offices rock! Big campus, arcade, soccer pitch, in office Starbucks. They showed me around and then took me to a room where I spent 4h talking to different engineers and managers, one by one, all of them very nice guys.

They called me 2 days after that to agree on an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Database modeling for a specific application they described.   Answer Question
    • Concurrency problems like deadlock, etc. Explain and examples.   Answer Question
    • How to proceed in different scenarios like tough deadline, requirements change, lack of resources, etc.   Answer Question
    • How to implement BFS in a binary tree   View Answer
    They offered me the money I asked them for. Tried to get more vacation but they didn't move a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2010.

Appeared for an on-campus interview.
    Was selected for the next round, then had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to join the gaming industry when everyday so many people are fired?   View Answer
    • Explain the merge sort algorithm   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2009.

Many-tiered process involving interview after interview with recruiters, managers, team members... stick with it. EA discards applicant without the tenacity to stay engaged and proactive in their hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • what was your biggest failing in your career   View Answer
    a quick conversation over a free lunch with the executive producer. very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2009.

The communications were excellent. They have got recruiters just for new grads. Generally very nice people. The nature of the interview was generally non-technically, with some simple short CS questions that I had to respond. Overall they were testing for personality more than technical competence. The job that I interviewed for was supposed to be in Redmond, WA.