Electronic Arts

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Turned in resume at an on-campus infosession. Had a technical 30 minute on-campus interview the next day, asked questions about my experience with Android development as well as some simple coding questions (find an element in a binary search tree, etc). Followed up by a phone interview that was 45 minutes of java language and Android questions.

Interview Question – How is the const keyword used in java?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Very very nice recruiters, but a very rude phone screen. Something about asking a question and then shutting up for the next 15 mins doesnt feel right!!!

Interview Question – Some python low level questions.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2009.

Interview Details – Many-tiered process involving interview after interview with recruiters, managers, team members... stick with it. EA discards applicant without the tenacity to stay engaged and proactive in their hiring process.

Interview Question – what was your biggest failing in your career   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a quick conversation over a free lunch with the executive producer. very nice.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2012.

Interview Details – Received phone interview call after applying online on company website.

Interview Question – Given a stack containing values, implement min() operation to find minimum of all the values in O(1) time. Push() and Pop() should run in O(1) as well.   View Answers (3)

Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process involved 6 interviews with two interviews each from three different studios in the campus. Each studio sent a software engineer to test the technical ability and a senior manager or producer to test the cultural fit. the questions ranged on trees, performance optimization, to 3D space problems. Overall the experience was interesting as it was a good mix of technical questions and interesting debates about Artificial intelligence approaches to the different kinds of games.

Interview Question – tree problems   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2011.

Interview Details – They called me a couple of weeks after submitting the resume in their jobs website. The day after I did a phone interview that went for 1h. I talked to one of the tech managers and an engineer, both of them were quite nice and made quesitons that made a lot of sense. They weren't algorithm or structures questions, it was more about my experience with other projects with a lot of details.

I received an email 2 days after that to set another interviews at the HQ. Needless to say their offices rock! Big campus, arcade, soccer pitch, in office Starbucks. They showed me around and then took me to a room where I spent 4h talking to different engineers and managers, one by one, all of them very nice guys.

They called me 2 days after that to agree on an offer.

Interview Questions

• Database modeling for a specific application they described.   Answer Question
  • Concurrency problems like deadlock, etc. Explain and examples.   Answer Question
  • How to proceed in different scenarios like tough deadline, requirements change, lack of resources, etc.   Answer Question
  • How to implement BFS in a binary tree   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me the money I asked them for. Tried to get more vacation but they didn't move a bit.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2010.

Interview Details – Appeared for an on-campus interview.
Was selected for the next round, then had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join the gaming industry when everyday so many people are fired?   View Answer
  • Explain the merge sort algorithm   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2009.

Interview Details – The communications were excellent. They have got recruiters just for new grads. Generally very nice people. The nature of the interview was generally non-technically, with some simple short CS questions that I had to respond. Overall they were testing for personality more than technical competence. The job that I interviewed for was supposed to be in Redmond, WA.

Interview Question – Describe Quick Sort, and why it is important.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an HR person via email. Went through a general phone screening interview about my resume. This was followed by a technical phone interview and an in-person interview. During the in-person interview there was technical question answer session and a programming/debugging test on a computer. The interviewing staff was very professional, prompt, and considerate during the negotiation process. They left a great impression and were clear and frank in answering work environment related questions.

Interview Question – What is the biggest programming project you have worked on ?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process is very formal, campus interview -> phone interview -> onsite.
You will need accomplish a paper test onsite, followed by a lunch and a group interview.
All interviewers are very nice and professional. The test is hard to finish in time so plan it and do your best.

Interview Question – The onsite test is unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Arts

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees and interview candidates.