Electronic Arts Tiburon

Electronic Arts Tiburon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

Animation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon.

I was interviewed over the telephone by one of my role models. He was warm and humble. I wanted to work at EA, mainly to learn from him. The HR got in touch with me after that. She was really sweet and friendly too. It took a long time to receive the official offer letter from them, and I was in a fix as I had kept another offer waiting.

New Grad - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon in May 2014.

Interview process was long. Took me almost 2 months to get to the final round.I contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn, She sent my resume for a review with the hiring manager.
    Round 1 :- Phone interview with hiring manager, Product manager and Product Designer
    Question :- Which games do you play?
                         Rate your SQL and Data Analysis Skill
                         Past projects and Intern Experience

Round 2 :- Online Test on SQL queries and Analytical situation's

Round 3 ( Final Round) :- After almost 2 months I was told to fly down to Orlando for the Final Round. There we 3 interview in total ( all panel). They do lot of white boarding. I was asked to write SQL queries and was made to draw E-R diagram. A lot of question were analytical and few behavioral.

People at EA are very smart and know their work well. Relaxed culture, great place and smart people.

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon.

I was originally hired as QA and was promoted into design. All I know about the interview process is that it is a panel interview by a manager and others working in your job class. For engineers, you will need to take a programming test.

Interview Questions
    • When interviewing for QA, I was asked a few minutes in to tell the interviewers what their names were.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon.

Process included a phone screening, in-person timed test written by EA which includes various questions on programming, video game design as it pertains to usage of limited hardware like a console dev kit, and some other tricky things. After passing this test, interview(s) will be conducted by the team(s) interested in adding you.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in video games before?   View Answer
    I personally did not really negotiate because I was more than happy to get the job and it was slightly more than I was being paid anyway (plus it was paid hourly).

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon.

The interview process was very organized and quickly implemented for each phase. I very much liked their process and questioning with all of the big wigs. The peer to peer interview with other technical directors was, let's say, interesting. In my opinion they could have been a little more organized and professional in their line of questioning, and the picture they painted of Tiburon was not favorable imo (which only confirmed stores I've heard from other former employees and recruiters). From the peer interview alone you could tell there were some big egos at Tiburon, but if you can navigate the politics, a potentially fun place to work.

Cowboy coding at it's best, it's just a disorganized free for all of young coders working almost criminally long hours, hot shot egos, virtually no quality assurance or oversight, and lower pay compared to similar opportunities in the Orlando area. You HAVE to love gaming to put up with it, not have a life or family, and be prepared to burn yourself out of the place within a few years JUST so you can say you've worked at EA. Tiburon felt more like a career stepping stone than a place people call home for decades, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

Every single person I've met that have worked at Tiburon, or have placed contractors there, all say the same things to me about it:
    - If you're looking for money, this isn't your destination
    - If you want to have a normal work schedule, look elsewhere. Expect to work crazy hours, and be a glorified technical slave during crunch times
    - QA, what's that? If you like a cowboy coding free for all with poor technical oversight, big egos, and last minute disorganized decision making... hey, you'll love this place. Most professionals, however, will not.

Overall, I think the interview process was enjoyable and very easy. Compared to other places, where you are grilled technically and white boarded for up to 6 hours (yes, an entire day), this place is a breeze. But at the end of the day, you need to understand clearly what you're signing up for, and why you want to be there, otherwise you'll be like so many other EA employees... moving on.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly didn't find any question they asked difficult, however, they did discuss some topics that didn't seem at all related to the position for some strange reason. Perhaps they were confused for which position I was actually interviewing for. If you have a handle on project management, quality assurance techniques, architectural software design patterns, and a love for gaming, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon in July 2011.

I got a phone call in July after applying in May for a position that I didn't even apply to but worked well with my skill set. The recruiter tells me that someone will contact me the next day to set up an interview time. I do get a call to come in the next week and a confirmation email the next day.

So I visited for an onsite interview and meet the team, which were a really great set of people. A team of 5 I think with the development manager. Each of them asked me questions and it looks as if they had a set agenda of what they planned to accomplish in the interview.

First I was asked about my education and employment experience, then technical questions (C#, SQL, Concurrency, OO Principles etc.), then questions about teamwork, constant changes in requirements, and time management. Next they asked if I had any specific questions. And that was the whole interview and it only took an hour, which is was the whole time allotted.

Finally I needed to take the skills test (which apparently takes 3 hours) but apparently IT was having computer issues so HR said they would email it to me. I sent everyone thank you notes the next day and asked the talent coordinator when I would expect to get an email for the test. I asked once a week for a month and then two weeks later I asked if I was still being considered for the position because I haven't received anything yet and the position is still posted... No reply so I called, and was told someone should be getting in touch with me the next day and she gave me a number just in case...no call so I called and left a message. I sent her an email, no reply. I called again (a week after my message and email) and it now goes straight to voicemail. How crummy! After some research I now know that EA is pretty notorious for leaving people in the dark, it's like they never applied for a job before!

The position is stil posted, so maybe they just haven't updated the site yet.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts Tiburon in November 2008.

Organized. Multiple people participated good, pointed questions

Interview Questions
    • Provide proof of your experience. They want to see if it's true   View Answer
    Take it or leave it