Electronic Arts

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2014.

Straight forward interview. Talked about my projects and skills. Make sure you know your C++. It will help if you have a game to show them. Best advice I can give is to be yourself, don't be fake, and just talk about what which EA projects interest you.

Campaign Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

Sent a resume following a post on their site. A couple of days after (on a monday), I received a call to screen the information provided and invite me to an interview.

I went for the interview on a Thursday. It was pretty impressive location and casual interview process. Welcomed by an HR person who led me to a room while I waited for the Manager to interview me.

Interview was a mix of casual and formal question. Really nice manager and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions...tell me more about yourself, your experience, a time when stressed, cope with deadline, team-work, self-sufficient, etc...   Answer Question
    Salary was higher than expected and was going out of a bad job so didn't negotiate much. Looking back, I would ask for more vacations (only 2 weeks)

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interviewed with the Head of the Department and two Recruiters. The dress is casual and the process was straightforward. Interview to hire was 4 weeks and the follow ups and communication were very good. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I received a studio tour of the facilities and overall was impressed with the whole process compared to other companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic recruiting questions. How do you organize and manage your reqs? How do you organize your day? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses   Answer Question
    Put in a counter offer. The pay is fairly high in comparison to other companies.

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

called in, met with a game team (3 people including Franchise Development Director) and found out by the time I got home that I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Clearly expected me to be technical even though my resume did not reflect this. Not sure why they called me in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2014.

Applied through university for an intern position at EA. Was contacted quickly and had an interview within a week or two. Face to face interview with a full-time developer and HR. Was asked some general experience questions and questions about my project followed by a few technical questions. The next interview would be on campus with a team if this interview would have been a success.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my past experience/projects.
      Technical: How to find the size of a linked list in one pass?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly standard with a phone interview followed up by an in-person interview. The in-person interview as in-depth and detail and technical in nature.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2013.

Applied online, application got reviewed after 65 days!
    got an email within a day to have a phone conversation. Spoke with the hiring manager the following day. same day I was asked to do an online programming challenge and submit my code, within the next 3 days (was a long weekend). I did not have time to work on the problem so I only spent and hour and submitted a semi-solved (working duo) solution with explanation that why and how it could be improved. Recruiter got back to me with an extension and asked me to please work more and see if you can do it any better!
    spent 3-5 hours and solved it marvellously!!
    a day after submission I was invited to join the team at the studio, HR person was very well accommodating to set it according to my schedule!
    spent 5 hours on campus meeting with the team members and managers:
    - SE team member (1 hr)
    - SE team member and a senior manager from another team (1 hr)
    - team's tech manager (1 hr)
    - break (.5 hr)
    - hiring manager (.5 hr)
    - my recruiter ( .3 hr)

technical interviews questions covered almost everything from design, architecture, general Q about Java coding and under the hood mostly relative to my own experience and team's need.
    Very friendly people and laid back environment.
    if I wanna sum it up I loved it :)

The whole process got me over 4 weeks but mostly because of my own schedule, if I take my side out it was 1-2 weeks.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Most of the interview process was conducted over the phone, then for final interviews I was flown out to the Vancouver (Burnaby) studio. It was a perfect experience, informative, well-organized, highly professional. The travel arrangements were organized in a timely manner, the accommodations provided were excellent. The teams met with were well-versed in everything EA and showed their passion for the company.

Interview Questions
    Seamless and painless, direct and prompt.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview process was simple and straight forward. 1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Onsite interview with hiring manager 3) Onsite interview with 2 subordinate team members. Questions were geared more around past experience and culture. Strong emphasis on communication skills.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated some of the benefits such as time off. 2 weeks vacation is a joke for employees with 20+ years of industry experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Phone interview followed by face to face group interview with the dev team.

Interview Questions
    • Had to draw diagrams which I haven't touched for years.   Answer Question