Electronic Arts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call from a recruiter, next there was a phone screening with a programmer from the team, finally an in person interview.

The interview was pretty standard fare, with a few basic technical questions and a couple of brain teasers.

After that I was called with the offer, and a package was mailed to me. For my position there was no salary or benefits negotiation what-so-ever, but this is not always the case. After I'd received the package and signed the documents, I was given a start date for orientation.

Interview Question – All questions asked were basic C++ language questions, followed by a bunch of brain teasers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for temporary employees is generally non-existent. If you're being hired as a full time employee, you're likely to have some lee-way but don't expect much.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Head of the Department and two Recruiters. The dress is casual and the process was straightforward. Interview to hire was 4 weeks and the follow ups and communication were very good. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I received a studio tour of the facilities and overall was impressed with the whole process compared to other companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, basic recruiting questions. How do you organize and manage your reqs? How do you organize your day? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Put in a counter offer. The pay is fairly high in comparison to other companies.

Development Director Interview

Development Director
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – called in, met with a game team (3 people including Franchise Development Director) and found out by the time I got home that I didn't get the job

Interview Question – Clearly expected me to be technical even though my resume did not reflect this. Not sure why they called me in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard with a phone interview followed up by an in-person interview. The in-person interview as in-depth and detail and technical in nature.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Assistant Producer
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview was a quick telephone chat with my direct managers, it was a very nice and productive chat focused on what experiences and knowledge I have related to the reality of the position.

After that I went to a personal interview at the studio where once again I talked with my direct managers and once again it was very pleasant, they are nice people that made me feel comfortable. And there wasn't any of that annoying "interview" questions that make no sense, we just talked about what I knew of the job and they constantly gave me points to talk about that were related to the position and to the project.

Right after that there was a very quick chat with HR where they just gave me facts about the positions.

I also appreciated that the whole thing was very quick and to the point, with no excessive rounds of several similar or useless interviews.

Interview Question – There really weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, accepted their terms right away which were fair for the time.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, application got reviewed after 65 days!
got an email within a day to have a phone conversation. Spoke with the hiring manager the following day. same day I was asked to do an online programming challenge and submit my code, within the next 3 days (was a long weekend). I did not have time to work on the problem so I only spent and hour and submitted a semi-solved (working duo) solution with explanation that why and how it could be improved. Recruiter got back to me with an extension and asked me to please work more and see if you can do it any better!
spent 3-5 hours and solved it marvellously!!
a day after submission I was invited to join the team at the studio, HR person was very well accommodating to set it according to my schedule!
spent 5 hours on campus meeting with the team members and managers:
- SE team member (1 hr)
- SE team member and a senior manager from another team (1 hr)
- team's tech manager (1 hr)
- break (.5 hr)
- hiring manager (.5 hr)
- my recruiter ( .3 hr)

technical interviews questions covered almost everything from design, architecture, general Q about Java coding and under the hood mostly relative to my own experience and team's need.
Very friendly people and laid back environment.
if I wanna sum it up I loved it :)

The whole process got me over 4 weeks but mostly because of my own schedule, if I take my side out it was 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing that difficult!   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Most of the interview process was conducted over the phone, then for final interviews I was flown out to the Vancouver (Burnaby) studio. It was a perfect experience, informative, well-organized, highly professional. The travel arrangements were organized in a timely manner, the accommodations provided were excellent. The teams met with were well-versed in everything EA and showed their passion for the company.

Interview Question – Why take a step down in your career to come to EA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Seamless and painless, direct and prompt.

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was separated into 3 different steps, first there was the phone screening which asked general questions about why I want the job. Second was interview that required me to answer technical questions, 3rd was meeting with the managers and the team.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EA?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews with directors which were very generic and casual. I was hired by a recruiting company who had a deal with EA, so I was pre-screened before the actual interview.

Interview Question – How do you mitigate risks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially offered $40/hr and negotiated to $42/hr

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple and straight forward. 1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Onsite interview with hiring manager 3) Onsite interview with 2 subordinate team members. Questions were geared more around past experience and culture. Strong emphasis on communication skills.

Interview Question – Nothing notable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated some of the benefits such as time off. 2 weeks vacation is a joke for employees with 20+ years of industry experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts interview questions and advice in Vancouver, BC. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees and interview candidates.