Electronic Arts

2.8

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Campaign Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

Sent a resume following a post on their site. A couple of days after (on a monday), I received a call to screen the information provided and invite me to an interview.

I went for the interview on a Thursday. It was pretty impressive location and casual interview process. Welcomed by an HR person who led me to a room while I waited for the Manager to interview me.

Interview was a mix of casual and formal question. Really nice manager and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions...tell me more about yourself, your experience, a time when stressed, cope with deadline, team-work, self-sufficient, etc...   Answer Question
    Salary was higher than expected and was going out of a bad job so didn't negotiate much. Looking back, I would ask for more vacations (only 2 weeks)

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interviewed with the Head of the Department and two Recruiters. The dress is casual and the process was straightforward. Interview to hire was 4 weeks and the follow ups and communication were very good. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I received a studio tour of the facilities and overall was impressed with the whole process compared to other companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic recruiting questions. How do you organize and manage your reqs? How do you organize your day? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses   Answer Question
    Put in a counter offer. The pay is fairly high in comparison to other companies.

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

called in, met with a game team (3 people including Franchise Development Director) and found out by the time I got home that I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Clearly expected me to be technical even though my resume did not reflect this. Not sure why they called me in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly standard with a phone interview followed up by an in-person interview. The in-person interview as in-depth and detail and technical in nature.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in July 2013.

Applied online, application got reviewed after 65 days!
    got an email within a day to have a phone conversation. Spoke with the hiring manager the following day. same day I was asked to do an online programming challenge and submit my code, within the next 3 days (was a long weekend). I did not have time to work on the problem so I only spent and hour and submitted a semi-solved (working duo) solution with explanation that why and how it could be improved. Recruiter got back to me with an extension and asked me to please work more and see if you can do it any better!
    spent 3-5 hours and solved it marvellously!!
    a day after submission I was invited to join the team at the studio, HR person was very well accommodating to set it according to my schedule!
    spent 5 hours on campus meeting with the team members and managers:
    - SE team member (1 hr)
    - SE team member and a senior manager from another team (1 hr)
    - team's tech manager (1 hr)
    - break (.5 hr)
    - hiring manager (.5 hr)
    - my recruiter ( .3 hr)

technical interviews questions covered almost everything from design, architecture, general Q about Java coding and under the hood mostly relative to my own experience and team's need.
    Very friendly people and laid back environment.
    if I wanna sum it up I loved it :)

The whole process got me over 4 weeks but mostly because of my own schedule, if I take my side out it was 1-2 weeks.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Most of the interview process was conducted over the phone, then for final interviews I was flown out to the Vancouver (Burnaby) studio. It was a perfect experience, informative, well-organized, highly professional. The travel arrangements were organized in a timely manner, the accommodations provided were excellent. The teams met with were well-versed in everything EA and showed their passion for the company.

Interview Questions
    Seamless and painless, direct and prompt.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview process was simple and straight forward. 1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Onsite interview with hiring manager 3) Onsite interview with 2 subordinate team members. Questions were geared more around past experience and culture. Strong emphasis on communication skills.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated some of the benefits such as time off. 2 weeks vacation is a joke for employees with 20+ years of industry experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Phone interview followed by face to face group interview with the dev team.

Interview Questions
    • Had to draw diagrams which I haven't touched for years.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

interviewed at Electronic Arts in April 2013.

Screening call and phone interview as the job was in Vancouver, questions were mostly about algorithms, database. It was okay as the interviewer seemed bored most likely because he interviewed many people that day.

Interview Questions
    • Find the number of the same items in 3 separate arrays   Answer Question

Technical Artist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2013.

Started off with a phone interview with a super friendly HR rep. Was asked general questions about things on my resume, and she threw in a simple "What's the difference between C++ and Java?"

I came in for an actual interview and it was in two parts (each one being half an hour, for a total of a one hour long interview). The first part was just a general personality chat with the development director and he was super cool. I showed off some of my projects, and he gave me his impressions as well as some feedback. He also ended it by asking the elevator question ("You're in the elevator with the CEO and you need to convince him by the time you reach the 5th floor why the CEO should hire you").

Then came the technical interview right after. Seeing as each interview was only supposed to be half an hour, and I was going to have 2 people interview me in the tech interview, I didn't expect many questions or questions of high difficulty. I was gravely mistaken. One of the interviewers was really cold and expressionless, while the other one fired tech question after tech question. I was barely given any room to breathe, and as a result, fumbled on a few questions that I knew the answer to but couldn't recall. I'd suggest to review stuff like linked lists, differences between different languages (ie.Python, C++), and be ready to come up with algorithms on the spot. He asked questions and really needled about the details of all my answers, trying his absolute best to trip me up. On top of this rapid fire period, they made me ALSO implement a function on the whiteboard.

Frankly, coming out of that interview, I felt pretty wronged. It wasn't even a dedicated software dev job, and yet my interviewer tried to be as difficult as possible. I wouldn't want to work with someone like that.

Interview Questions
    • The practical was to implement a function that checks if a number is a prime number (bool isPrime(int x)). It was simple to come up with the algorithm, but then I was asked to optimize it as much as possible. Really didn't expect them to ask something like that, but I managed to come up with a few optimizations on the spot, and they were impressed.   Answer Question