Electronic Data Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Analyst Interview

Information Analyst
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in November 2009.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview and very technical questions. Specific code questions and also there were about 4 or 5 people interviewing you. Was a little intimidating for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Coding scenarios and query questions comparing different queries & which would be more effective.   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Information Analyst
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – Went into EDS corporate headquarters in West Lafayette, IN for what would be a phone interview. Odd? Yes. To commute for an hour just to be interviewing with several Java Developers in California. Well, initially I fielded technical Java questions with ease, as the interview continued, the interviewers were able to delve more deeply into basic topics and to find my weak areas. So this is to say that the interview got progressively more difficult. However, I felt a lot of satisfaction in being able to field questions as well as I did for the first half hour or so. The interview was quite long (over two hours), but the time passed very quickly. All in all, despite a bit of sarcasm from the interviewers after I failed to answer a question, things went well.

I felt that I struggled throughout the latter half of the interview, but received an offer anyway...It was fun!

Interview Question – Suppose I had a listbox that populated a state and another listbox that populated a city. How would I get the first listbox to populate the second without a server request? We are looking for the use of a particular technology here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company did use some spurious and deceptive negotiation tactics, citing that since I had a misdemeanor on my record, that I had no room to negotiate. Since when does THAT have ANYTHING to do with negotiation. I am happy with my salary nonetheless, but oh well.

Worked for Electronic Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!