Electronic Data Systems Information Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in November 2009.

Behavioral interview and very technical questions. Specific code questions and also there were about 4 or 5 people interviewing you. Was a little intimidating for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Coding scenarios and query questions comparing different queries & which would be more effective.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in April 2009.

Went into EDS corporate headquarters in West Lafayette, IN for what would be a phone interview. Odd? Yes. To commute for an hour just to be interviewing with several Java Developers in California. Well, initially I fielded technical Java questions with ease, as the interview continued, the interviewers were able to delve more deeply into basic topics and to find my weak areas. So this is to say that the interview got progressively more difficult. However, I felt a lot of satisfaction in being able to field questions as well as I did for the first half hour or so. The interview was quite long (over two hours), but the time passed very quickly. All in all, despite a bit of sarcasm from the interviewers after I failed to answer a question, things went well.

I felt that I struggled throughout the latter half of the interview, but received an offer anyway...It was fun!

Interview Questions
    • Suppose I had a listbox that populated a state and another listbox that populated a city. How would I get the first listbox to populate the second without a server request? We are looking for the use of a particular technology here.   View Answer
    The company did use some spurious and deceptive negotiation tactics, citing that since I had a misdemeanor on my record, that I had no room to negotiate. Since when does THAT have ANYTHING to do with negotiation. I am happy with my salary nonetheless, but oh well.