Electronic Data Systems

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relocation Assistant Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very thourough interview process. I actually enjoyed the interviews.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you were faced with a deadline and the timeframe was not enough time.   View Answers (5)

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was an internal transfer to another functional group.

Interview Question – How would you deal wita a vendor/contractor that does not perform as expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Project Manager Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Question – Explain the project management process   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in August 2008.

Interview Details – Since they were interviewing for PM the, panel asked a lot of questions related to PM experience. They are looking for more experience using MSPS server and I had none. Though i had a lot experience working on MS project, it did not matter to the panel.

Interview Question – When was the time you had to take an unpopular decision - can you elaborate?   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview focused on current work and possible opportunities at EDS, there was not an open position applied for. Conversation led to a in-person meeting. Once on-site further discussion did not identify a real need for a senior manager at the time but the discussion was extremely positive and professional and seemed a very good fit in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with .NET projects and what is your opinion of it as a longterm strategy.   View Answer
  • How have you in the past managed to motivate long-time employees   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – First contact was via recruiter then a phone interview followed with team members. Phone interview was moderately technical, asking basic AD, Citrix, Cisco questions. Group interview followed with team members that was more of a personality interview than a technical one.

Interview Question – Technical questions were not very difficult.
Active Directory - name the 5 FSMO roles.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Position was contract-to-hire, so no negotiation on contract pay. Negotiation took place after contract expired and full-time position was offered.

Data Coordinator Interview

Pontiac, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Overview of the company and (minimal) background on what EDS acually does. Quick run down of job requirements, followed by a few questions on your skill set and how would you handle certain situations.

The interview also shows some of the manuals and materials of thier databases and what I would be working on. She explained the dynamic of the worplace (team oriented), and that I would be crossed trained in different areas to help cover for someone if need be.

The person let me know the possiblity of long hours and frantic deadlines. I will give the interviewer credit for being honest on the current state of EDS as for as mergers (HP), clients(GM is only one in Pontiac) and cutbacks (they are only hiring temps as opposed to 'real' payroll workers).

Interview Question – Name a situation that went totaly wrong in a pervious job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The process was through a temp agency, who really didn't know what the job consist of besides really general and cyptic job requirements. I got to the interview and the job is completely different than what was lead to believe. I was really turned off by the amount of pay for what the job requires ($8/hour), as well as the layoffs, employee pay cuts & uncertainty of the company (Thir only client in Pontiac is GM, which just filed for bankrupcy this week).

Information Analyst Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – Went into EDS corporate headquarters in West Lafayette, IN for what would be a phone interview. Odd? Yes. To commute for an hour just to be interviewing with several Java Developers in California. Well, initially I fielded technical Java questions with ease, as the interview continued, the interviewers were able to delve more deeply into basic topics and to find my weak areas. So this is to say that the interview got progressively more difficult. However, I felt a lot of satisfaction in being able to field questions as well as I did for the first half hour or so. The interview was quite long (over two hours), but the time passed very quickly. All in all, despite a bit of sarcasm from the interviewers after I failed to answer a question, things went well.

I felt that I struggled throughout the latter half of the interview, but received an offer anyway...It was fun!

Interview Question – Suppose I had a listbox that populated a state and another listbox that populated a city. How would I get the first listbox to populate the second without a server request? We are looking for the use of a particular technology here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company did use some spurious and deceptive negotiation tactics, citing that since I had a misdemeanor on my record, that I had no room to negotiate. Since when does THAT have ANYTHING to do with negotiation. I am happy with my salary nonetheless, but oh well.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with hiring manager plus 2 team members (non managers). Lots of talk about team, standard "talk me through your career highlights". Standard "interview" questions of "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "tell me about a challenging personal situation"; "tell me about a situation involving conflict that you managed to resolve". Not very much specific information about role interviewing for.

Interview Question – What salary are you asking for to take this role?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Spring Hill, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in August 2007.

Interview Details – Fairly informal, they brought me on site showed me around and let me talk to several of the team leads. Each had there on areas of interest(Applications,Network,Operations) and they quizzed me a little on each subject to see how I responded. Once each of the team leads had talked to me I was taken to the manager for more questioning.

Interview Question – None of the questions were technically difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to get as much as possible because raises are few and far between.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electronic Data Systems