Electronic Data Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in April 2008.

Interview

I was a contractor and there was a contractor to employee conversion. The regional manager called me and offered me a job. The manager was straight to the point and told me what I could expect and what not to expect. After this verbal interview was done the manager offered me a salary with the condition of satisfactory passing of the background check and the drug test. After both of these were complete I received my offer letter and all the paperwork necessary.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing for the employer should you be hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate because the offer that I received was above and beyond what my current compensation was.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Plano, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

Phone interview focused on current work and possible opportunities at EDS, there was not an open position applied for. Conversation led to a in-person meeting. Once on-site further discussion did not identify a real need for a senior manager at the time but the discussion was extremely positive and professional and seemed a very good fit in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with .NET projects and what is your opinion of it as a longterm strategy.   1 Answer
    • How have you in the past managed to motivate long-time employees   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Flint, MI) in February 2008.

Interview

Effective interview, learned about postion and involved multiple leaders and team members to make assement of job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Plano, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

System Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Tulsa, OK) in November 2007.

Interview

Questions were asked that pertained nothing to the job / field of work I was applying for. It seemed like the interviewer went out and googled "questions to ask in an interview" and them read them off of the paper. Questions asked were somewhere along the lines of "Have you ever been stuck in a jam and how did you get out" "Do you work well with others?" Nothing pertaining to my skills aimed at the position in question.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever come across a period of time where you failed at something and how did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. These people are focused on one thing and that is money. The less money they have to spend on you or your salary the more money they can use to take corporate fat cats out to eat at fancy restaurants in an attempt to etter present themselves. It is every man for himself at this company with no bartering.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Spring Hill, TN) in August 2007.

Interview

Fairly informal, they brought me on site showed me around and let me talk to several of the team leads. Each had there on areas of interest(Applications,Network,Operations) and they quizzed me a little on each subject to see how I responded. Once each of the team leads had talked to me I was taken to the manager for more questioning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to get as much as possible because raises are few and far between.

Data Administrator Interview

Interview

Very high turn over, management problems

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation were ok

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems.

Interview

This was way back 20 yrs ago. Attended HR and Technical interviews. Power Builder development questions. People are very nice, helpful, great culture, Technical Training, Personal development seminars, company sponsored family events,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Electronic Data Systems.

Interview

direct and quick. HR interview followed by a panel.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in October 2010.

Interview

Verbal review of position and skills needed