Electronic Data Systems

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in September 2009.

Phone Screen first, second interview was with the hiring manager for the account team, final interview was a formality i was extended the offer

Interview Questions

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in June 2009.

Overview of the company and (minimal) background on what EDS acually does. Quick run down of job requirements, followed by a few questions on your skill set and how would you handle certain situations.

The interview also shows some of the manuals and materials of thier databases and what I would be working on. She explained the dynamic of the worplace (team oriented), and that I would be crossed trained in different areas to help cover for someone if need be.

The person let me know the possiblity of long hours and frantic deadlines. I will give the interviewer credit for being honest on the current state of EDS as for as mergers (HP), clients(GM is only one in Pontiac) and cutbacks (they are only hiring temps as opposed to 'real' payroll workers).

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that went totaly wrong in a pervious job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The process was through a temp agency, who really didn't know what the job consist of besides really general and cyptic job requirements. I got to the interview and the job is completely different than what was lead to believe. I was really turned off by the amount of pay for what the job requires ($8/hour), as well as the layoffs, employee pay cuts & uncertainty of the company (Thir only client in Pontiac is GM, which just filed for bankrupcy this week).

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Data Systems in February 2008.

Effective interview, learned about postion and involved multiple leaders and team members to make assement of job.