Electronic Ink Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Design Researcher Interview

Interview

The interview was brief but informative. I've met a number of individuals who work at Electronic Ink and they're always incredibly friendly and supportive. The first time I met the company's representatives was in an informal info-session about job hunting in general. Not only did the representatives give great information about their company and other similar companies, but they were even went so far as to give personal advice to individual students.

Interview Questions

• What portion of the design process do I see myself fitting into best and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Ink (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was well structured and intensive.Four one hour meetings were scheduled and everyone was prepared to discuss their role. Each person had a different perception of the role I was to play which was quite interesting. Each person seemed to be trying to align me with their interests.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a team?   1 Answer

Marketing/Co-op Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Ink (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The internship at Electronic Ink is paid very well and give the opportunity to bounce around within departments and find what you like to do just make sure you speak up if you want to oversee other areas. the hiring process was quick 1-2 weeks. Interview was based around current experience and future goals, very basic. No behavioral questions at all.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions were about what you hope to gain from the position and moving forward. It's best to know where you are career wise and where you wise to go. Also, have a good understanding of what the company does and it's basic level. Lengthen the conversation by asking about more in depth examples of the company's case studies. Other than that, very easy interview for an internship program. They will also call immediately (within the day) if they want to pursue you further or are hiring you.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Ink (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a recruiter call (20 min), followed by a call with the head of the department (30 min), then a Skype interview (1 hour) and an in person interview (1.5 hours). Nothing asked was particularly tough but they did want me to go into detail about my portfolio so it is important to know your work and be able to clearly explain it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. If anything, I felt like they were trying to sell the company to me as opposed to me trying to impress them.   Answer Question

The offer was nice but the non-compete clause was concerning. I had a lawyer look over it and there were a parts that raised a few eyebrows.

Usability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Ink (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Beyond the dotcom-esque furniture and hip office space is a modern day sweat shop with a elite power base lording over all those who serve them. There is a real imbalance here in terms or work and compensation and the revolving door of analysts testifies to an organization that does not value the majority of its employees. It's too bad - they seem to keep making money, but it is not being shared.

Interview Questions

• What comes first, form or function.   1 Answer

I wished to retain some level of dignity in my life and not have people I could not trust have so much control over my life. Benefits were an absolute joke. In fact, they were insulting.