Electronic Ink

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Designer Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Ink in July 2012.

Interview Details – There was a recruiter call (20 min), followed by a call with the head of the department (30 min), then a Skype interview (1 hour) and an in person interview (1.5 hours). Nothing asked was particularly tough but they did want me to go into detail about my portfolio so it is important to know your work and be able to clearly explain it.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. If anything, I felt like they were trying to sell the company to me as opposed to me trying to impress them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was nice but the non-compete clause was concerning. I had a lawyer look over it and there were a parts that raised a few eyebrows.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Usability Interview

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Ink in April 2009.

Interview Details – Beyond the dotcom-esque furniture and hip office space is a modern day sweat shop with a elite power base lording over all those who serve them. There is a real imbalance here in terms or work and compensation and the revolving door of analysts testifies to an organization that does not value the majority of its employees. It's too bad - they seem to keep making money, but it is not being shared.

Interview Question – What comes first, form or function.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wished to retain some level of dignity in my life and not have people I could not trust have so much control over my life. Benefits were an absolute joke. In fact, they were insulting.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Electronic Ink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Ink interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Ink employees and interview candidates.