Elektrobit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ingolstadt (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingolstadt (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Elektrobit in April 2013.

No presure, some technical questions, some discussons about what my role and my further advancements at EB could look like. Why exactly is there a 50 word minimum I really dont have that much to write here.

Software Engineer Interview

Firstly met people from a car exhibition then applied from the people working there.
    The first interview is run without unexpected questions.It's more like a behavioral interview, most questions are concerned on the resume.
    After the HR session a technical session comes. A lot of questions are connected to the basic programming knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • For the last technical session interview I'm asked to do a java quiz since I didn't use Java for years..   Answer Question

Software Test/Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Elektrobit.

I had a applied for the post of Software Validation Engineer. Had an interview with Test Managers. They confirmed me that they are impressed with my interview and will let me know next week. And that next week never came and I pinged the HR back to know the status. Then they informed me that they can't proceed with me. Then After 8 months they came back to asking for directly second round of interview since my round was good. And this time also they told me that they'll inform me next week. Again after one week I pinged and the response is the same. I really don't understood their process of working, and why did they come back so many months, its quite ridiculous I must say !

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erlangen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlangen (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at Elektrobit in September 2009.

My interview process is already several years ago for the german subsidary of EB.
    The job portal is sluggish and contains lots of informations to fill in. I guess most of that is ignored.

After fillling it in I called the HR department, asking whether it worked. That probably accelerated the process. After my interview I heard that the HR department is VERY SLOW and frequently fails to schedule meetings and there are rumors that possible employees slipped through the process.

After that I received a phone call from a director. Convinced him that I was qualified. We scheduled a meeting for an interview. I got an offer just a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. There was a trivial programming question, that neither showed my qualities nor my short commings.   Answer Question
    They made a proposal. I made the mistake to aggree on the first proposal, instead of negotiating. Which is definitly possible since they have issues aquiring talented people.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Elektrobit in January 2009.

The interview process was fairly simple. I was introduced to the company and it's products initially. Then I was asked about my experience within the automotive industry. I was then asked a series of questions based on my industry experience.
    There were a few technical questions regarding my C and C++ programming skills.
    Presentation and Conversational skills were not particularly important.

Interview Questions
    • What are you experiences in the automotive industry ? have you programmed real time embedded systems in C ?   Answer Question
    It is important to know you worth in the market and don't settle for anything less than your worth.

Worked for Elektrobit? Contribute to the Community!