Elements Therapeutic Massage

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

LMT Interview

Interviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage

Interview Details – Quiz you on how you would treat certain ailments. Asked about what type of massage you enjoy performing. Asked how you would handle a certain situation. Practical massage.

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict between employees?   View Answer

LMT Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage in March 2013.

Interview Details – I sent in my résumé by email as the website requested, had to call to get the email address though. Got an email back in about a week to set up an interview. Went to the studio and talked to the owner, she talked as if she had already made the decision to hire me. I then gave her a massage, and after the massage we went back to her office to talk some more about salaries and whatnot. I was offered the job and was told I could start as soon as I obtained my license, (I was still in school)

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just about past employment and training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered the job and took it.

Client/Sales Specialist Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage in May 2013.

Interview Details – Since the location I applied to just opened, all I had to do was email the managment email through the company location's website. The manager then got back to me immediately via phone, and we set up an interview in less than 48 hours.

The interview itself was laid back and we discussed what the company was looking for and what I was looking for as well. The manager was incredibly kind and laid out what she wanted: a professional, mature individual comfortable with sales and dealing with clients that may have issues. Also, someone that is punctual, takes pride in their appearance, and leaves their worries at the door when coming to work.

After telling me what hours she had to offer, and finding that I could in fact work them, she told me that she'd talk to her hiring manager and get back to me within 48 hours. She actually got back to me in less than 10 hours, and now I will start training in two days!

Negotiation Details – We were able to negotiate my hours a bit because I am on a competitive sports team that competes on weekends.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Interview

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a total nightmare. I was a HIGHLY over-qualified candidate that was just trying to give the location a chance. The first "part" of the interview lasted almost 3 hours because the owner (who was the one "interviewing" me) just selected random skills tests without reviewing their content first. She also bad-mouthed her current employees throughout the "interview." To add insult to injury, she then asked me to return several hours later to meet her husband, who had no relation to the operation of the business, because "she had been a bad judge of character recently." I begrudgingly agreed only to be subjected to a painless but redundant 45 minute interview that evening.

Reason for Declining – I received the initial offer before i could even arrive home (I live less than 15 minutes away) and the owner tried to pressure me into accepting the offer on the spot. She was annoyed when i asked for the offer in writing and some time to think it over. She called 2 more times before emailing the offer to "amend" it. Ultimately when I attempted to do the polite thing and reject the offer over the phone, she initially said "okay" but then called me back 10 minutes later to try to get me to change my mind. She got very nasty and manipulative because I wouldn't give in.

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage.

Interview Details – The practical or Hands on was not so great I just felt like the lead therapist judged me before anything actually started.

Interview Question – More of a comment she hated the massage but she told me she liked it and I was told there are 3 more male candidates for the position however when I spoke to the owner I was told there were no other candidates   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Elements Therapeutic Massage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elements Therapeutic Massage interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Elements Therapeutic Massage employees and interview candidates.