Elements Therapeutic Massage

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Elements Therapeutic Massage in January 2012.

It was a total nightmare. I was a HIGHLY over-qualified candidate that was just trying to give the location a chance. The first "part" of the interview lasted almost 3 hours because the owner (who was the one "interviewing" me) just selected random skills tests without reviewing their content first. She also bad-mouthed her current employees throughout the "interview." To add insult to injury, she then asked me to return several hours later to meet her husband, who had no relation to the operation of the business, because "she had been a bad judge of character recently." I begrudgingly agreed only to be subjected to a painless but redundant 45 minute interview that evening.

I received the initial offer before i could even arrive home (I live less than 15 minutes away) and the owner tried to pressure me into accepting the offer on the spot. She was annoyed when i asked for the offer in writing and some time to think it over. She called 2 more times before emailing the offer to "amend" it. Ultimately when I attempted to do the polite thing and reject the offer over the phone, she initially said "okay" but then called me back 10 minutes later to try to get me to change my mind. She got very nasty and manipulative because I wouldn't give in.