Elemica Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Elemica

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Elemica.

Because I was referred into the company, my process was probably abbreviated and more of a formality. However, I was brought around to meet with a number of key personnel in various departments, and questions were quite routine. Since I had traveled in from out of town, I was put up at a nearby hotel that was nice and appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not that many difficult questions that I can recall. The focus was really on skills required for the job and how they were used at the last most applicable job, and how they would transfer to this job.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't much of a negotiation. The annual pay rate was good, and the benefits were really not negotiable. The process ended with a formal, detailed, written offer that covered most of the topics you would want at that stage.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Elemica in October 2013.

This was the worse experience for me as a candidate. I work at a Fortune 500 company and applied to Elemica for a Business Analyst position through LinkedIn. After 1 month of the application I got a call from the HR manager had a 30 min phone interview and all went good. Then they requested for an in-person interview which was fine by me. Interview was set 2 weeks later. Then I attended an interview with 3 persons (2 managers + 1 HR).

Interview went fine and everyone seemed satisfied, took around 1 hour. Then after 2 weeks I got another request to have a phone interview with their counterpart Director in USA which I also accepted. We have set a date and time for the interview and I got a call at that date saying that he will call me 30 minutes later seemed all fine.. we had the talk and I was told that I will be informed in 2 weeks.

Then I suddenly got an email at 20:00 PM in the evening 2 weeks later, that the director is in Frankfurt and wants to meet me in person the next day (considering the short notice, I could have simply not seen the email but I saw it and accepted). Went for a 4th interview the next day in person with him.. went fine ... (although he asked me strange questions such as do I want to cook or similar ... nevertheless it was OK).

2 weeks after meeting this guy in person I normally expect everything to be finished and get a final answer but instead I got another interview request with technical person from the US which I also accepted. We set a date 1 week later.
    The guy first canceled the already agreed interview and requested for another date, I accepted, then he messed up the time zone difference and did not call but had to schedule another date. He called interview went fine... so on and so forth..

Then I felt this is too much but I still had a good feeling for them.. I again expected the final decision and nobody wrote to me anything for 3 weeks.. I wrote to the HR manager she replied where due to internal reorganization the process will take longer if I can wait couple of weeks more and then Christmas was near so there was no way to get any decision..

I waited another 3 weeks and I again asked for update .. I was told I have to wait for more things were still not clear. Then I got another email request for a 6th interview with completely new people (the email was starting with "This might sound ridiculous to you")... imagine 6th interview in a row and a process of 5 months. I accepted it (don't ask me why .. most people would have put an end to it, but I wanted to see to which level they are ready to go.

Interview went fine and after 4 weeks I did not receive any update, imagine going for 6th interview in a row and you are treated like this. Then I wrote them email saying I want to put an end to it that if i do not hear anything from it I will consider the process terminated and 2 hours later was informed that the position is now closed due to reorganization and they wish me all the best.

I spent countless hours and had to organize my time maybe 10 days because of them .. I deeply regret I did this.

I want to inform everyone that is interested to apply for this company to go elsewhere where they will be treated with respect and where there is professionalism and you will not have to wait for 5-6 months and be rejected with the most ironic and generic approach.
    Also where the candidate will not have to ask for updates for the process but the HR manager is supposed to inform you. The most ironic thing was that one of their employees even said we have to bring more professionalism to the company .. sad but true.

It was a good lecture for me when I give another go into changing a job position.. I will strongly advise you think before applying here. This process says a lot for the company how it operates also internally were they are not coordinated at all and decision making seems not to exists at all. Go elsewhere.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Elemica in March 2011.

There were three interviewers and they were all from different areas of the company. It was a 30 minutes long interview taken on campus. Basically they just asked me to go through the resume and let me ask questions about the position. Very smooth process and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer before this one arrived

Worked for Elemica? Contribute to the Community!