Elephant BAR

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hayward, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Elephant BAR in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with general manager, assistant manager, and owner. Accepted my resume and application and scheduled interview right away. Training was effective and work has been consistent to the training. Whole hiring process took one week. Training completion (through a written test) took 5 days. Efficient and easy

Interview Question – What didn't you like about previous bosses/co-workers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details –

Very Easy Interview

Server/Cocktail Waitress/Bartender Interview

Server/Cocktail Waitress/Bartender
Emeryville, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Elephant BAR.

Interview Details – Easy breezy

Interview Question – why do you want to work here your over qualified   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the hiring process to longer than needed

West Covina, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Elephant BAR in March 2012.

Interview Details – It's best to know someone who already works there.
Ask to talk with a manager Monday-Thursday 2pm-4pm for an immediate interview.
Always refer your skills to customer service.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Elephant Bar?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation just preference on work availability.

Host Interview

Host
Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Elephant BAR in August 2008.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview with one of the managers. Was asked mostly generic questions and how I would handle several different scenarios, mostly having to do with "dissatisfied guests." Afterward, the GM came by to talk (which turned out to be the personality test).

Interview Question – You're running the front of the restaurant on a busy night. A table calls you over and complains about their food. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Marcos, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Elephant BAR in June 2010.

Interview Details – I turned in my application, asked for the manager, he asked me some questions based off of my resume. He said he liked how I was dressed nicely, and told me he would call me back in about a week.

ALWAYS TURN IN A RESUME!

Interview Questions

Server Interview

Server
Modesto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Elephant BAR in July 2008.

Interview Details – One on one interview will start with an assistant manager. Called back a week later to meet with the General Manager. Same questions asked by the GM as asked by the assistant manager. Experience was very important along with availability.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, servers are given minimum wage.

Worked for Elephant BAR? Contribute to the Community!