Elephant BAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

1.7

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Elephant BAR.

Interview

Easy interview. No experience required as long as you seem promising. Be yourself, be confident. Whole process was less than a week. No food handlers certificate required for Host position.

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Elephant BAR (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview that took about 30 mins. Next she said that I made the cut and that she would like to schedule me for a seconde interview with the hiring manager. I never recieved the call and sent multiple follow up emails, I can only assume that something got mixed up in the wires and that they eventually settled on another candidate.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Elephant BAR.

Interview

Applied in store, filled out an application and received a call back the following day to set up an interview. Had two separate interviews with different managers. Was called back and accepted the job. Began the training process which was one week long and included learning the ins and outs of the restaurant and standard operating procedures.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it to resolve the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Elephant BAR (Hayward, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview with general manager, assistant manager, and owner. Accepted my resume and application and scheduled interview right away. Training was effective and work has been consistent to the training. Whole hiring process took one week. Training completion (through a written test) took 5 days. Efficient and easy

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about previous bosses/co-workers?   Answer Question

Server/Cocktail Waitress/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Elephant BAR (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Easy breezy

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here your over qualified   1 Answer

Negotiation

the hiring process to longer than needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Elephant BAR (West Covina, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It's best to know someone who already works there.
    Ask to talk with a manager Monday-Thursday 2pm-4pm for an immediate interview.
    Always refer your skills to customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Elephant Bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation just preference on work availability.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Elephant BAR (La Mirada, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

went to corp office and talked to 2 people who seemed too busy to ask a lot of questions. they just wanted to know if i have done the type of work in the past and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your hobbies and interests   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations were talked about

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Elephant BAR (San Marcos, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I turned in my application, asked for the manager, he asked me some questions based off of my resume. He said he liked how I was dressed nicely, and told me he would call me back in about a week.

ALWAYS TURN IN A RESUME!

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Elephant BAR (Cupertino, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with one of the managers. Was asked mostly generic questions and how I would handle several different scenarios, mostly having to do with "dissatisfied guests." Afterward, the GM came by to talk (which turned out to be the personality test).

Interview Questions

• You're running the front of the restaurant on a busy night. A table calls you over and complains about their food. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Elephant BAR (Modesto, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

One on one interview will start with an assistant manager. Called back a week later to meet with the General Manager. Same questions asked by the GM as asked by the assistant manager. Experience was very important along with availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry guest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, servers are given minimum wage.