Eli Lilly

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Eli Lilly in April 2014.

Took an online assessment/ personality test after submitting my cover letter and resume. Took two weeks to get back to me about the interview. I was referred by a family friend who has been working for the company for a very long time. Don't worry too much about the personality test but it's definitely better to pass it. The biggest thing is having sales experience, some exposure to the medical field or office in the past. They want someone with a lot of experience, doesn't matter how awesome and young you are.

Interview Questions
    • What are some projects your worked on in college?   View Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly in April 2014.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions, they asked me about my back ground and experience   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly in April 2014.

I had two phone interviews and 2 F2F interviews. Took about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Research the company. Several questions about how the company is doing financially.   Answer Question
    Very easy

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly in April 2014.

Two phone interviews. One with the Eli Lilly Recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Finally a face to face with the Hiring Manager, Director and Senior Director for the division. Questions involve describing various highlights of career. They like answers in the STAR format. Situation. Task. Action. Result.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you tried but failed to influence management.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Very friendly bunch. Responded quickly to emails and any questions I had. Easy-going, but professional. Basic behavioral interview questions, nothing too difficult.

Statistical Analyst Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Phone interview: detailed questions about the resume

Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

First a phone interview with an Eli Lilly recruiter, then 2 face to face interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • A scenario/hypothesis question that i can't remember now.   Answer Question

The geography was better for me with Eli Lilly

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application followed by online test (about an hour). Contacted by recruiter scheduling a phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Contacted by another and scheduled face to face interview with 3 district managers. Lasted about an hour. Said followup will be in one to two weeks

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to change someone's opinion to fit your own?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Pharmaceutical Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly in March 2014.

I was surprised how quickly the process moved. I had a request for a first interview ten days after applying. The Administrative Assistant who welcomed me was very accommodating of my needs prior to the interview time. I was interviewed by four people, all of who were very nice and thorough with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to improve employee morale for those on the project team you managed?   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly in March 2014.

Applied on line, and got a first contact along with phone interview with Lilly's contacted HR. The questions was basic like why lilly and about things in resume. Then, the next contact was the rejected email sent 4 weeks after the first interview.