Eli Lilly

206 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – Met their recruiter at the career fair, he called the night of and they had the first interview the next day. Had 3 people there, the recruiter from career fair, a higher level person and a new associate. Mostly led by the higher level person the recruiter didn't talk at all.

Interview Question – How would a 10m cap ex purchase of half debt and half equity affect the 3 basic accounting statements   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

Procurement Associate
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – Applied online via college recruiting website. Got invited to a pre-interview informal dinner at a local pub. Was very laid back and got to talk to a couple Lilly employees for roughly 2 hours. Next day I had my interview which lasted 45 minutes and was tough. They'll ask you some tough questions and it's okay to say "could we come back to that one later". I was then invited to an on-site interview at the corporate office in Indianapolis where I had two, one hour long interviews. Those were tough as well. My recommendation would be to be honest and answer the question to the best of your ability because they ask a lot of follow up questions. They will know if you're lying or not.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you negotiated for something and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was okay, not too great compared to the others I received. Salary was a little on the low side and you can't negotiate the salary. Benefits are excellent. This was a tough decision for me because their culture and facilities are top-notch. The future of this company, salary and where I wanted to take my career were the reasons I declined the offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eli Lilly in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial 30 minute phone screen then in 3 on site interviews that lasted an hour each. All interviews were with the managers of different IT silos. Very friendly and honest talk. Felt more like a conversation then an interview. One of the managers did run through a list of technologies and asked me to rate my experience. Do not feel obligated to rate yourself high--he was looking where to place you, not testing your skill level. The primary skill the managers were looking for someone with management potential and the ability to learn on the fly.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Basic behavioral interview. "Tell me about a time...." Be sure to use the STAR method.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable offer so no need to negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – DO your research ahead of time-know about the field

Interview Question – if you do your research, don't worry   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Sales Representative

Interviewed at Eli Lilly

Interview Details – Applied online. Emailed back by a recruiting agency to complete online questionnaire; I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like 100 behavioural questions. The next day, received a phone call from the recruiting agency who proceeded to ask some basic screening questions about resume and experience. A couple of days later received a request for a face to face interview with 2 district managers and trainer. Interview was at a hotel. The whole day was blocked out at the hotel for interviews, so lots of applicants. My interview only lasted 2 hours. Basic STAR questions. Then another one on one interview with hiring manager. Whole process was fast although I heard this is not always the case. I must've applied at the right time.

Interview Question – Last question was in 2 minutes how would you sell yourself to us?   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

Sourcing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – I applied through my university and was offered an interview within three weeks. It was very straight forward. A thirty minute interview with two employees where they talked about their experiences and then asked a number of behavioral and situational questions. Both interviewers were very nice and relaxed which made it easier and less stressful.

Interview Question – When have you ever made a good deal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiters at University's career fair, had an on-campus interview, and was called back for final rounds at HQ. Final round consisted of two 50 minute interviews with one or two interviewers.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions, tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening from outside vendor basically reviewing work history and asking very basic questions. Next is panel interview with 2 DSM's or 1 DSM and 1 Rep. Final interviews are with potential DSM for final approval. Most questions are in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Be prepared with multiple stories you can reference throughout.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Eli Lilly in July 2009.

Interview Details – The organization will ask you questions in regards to your computer experience, troubleshooting, and customer service skills.

Interview Question – If you saw an elephant in the kitchen, what do you think that it's looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Worked there via a contractor.

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly in February 2013.

Interview Details – All the interview process was held over the phone

Interview Question – Why in 4 years of experience at my former job I did not get any promotions or rotations?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eli Lilly