Eli Lilly

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

I applied for a position online and once submitted received an email to complete a screening questionnaire. Approximately a week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a hiring recruiter. Phone interview was pretty basic, I was asked general questions about my resume and why I was interested in a position in pharmaceutical sales. At the completion of the phone interview, the recruiter said she was going to recommend that I move forward in the interview process. The recruiter did not have any information regarding when the in-person interview would be held, but told me I would be contacted within 2 weeks with details. Within the two weeks, I received an email from another individual to schedule my in-person interview. The interview was held at a local hotel and lasted approximately 1 hour. Panel interview consisted of three people, and while the questions could have been tough, it was nothing I didn’t expect because I had done research on potential questions that would be asked. Following my interview, the hiring manger stated that everyone would be notified within one week of their status. The following week, I received an email from the hiring manager that I was selected for a final interview and if I would be available to meet him at a local Panera to further discuss the position. The final interview lasted about an hour, and the hiring manger stated the purpose was to learn more about my thought process and see if I would fit in with the region’s team. During this interview, the hiring manager went into greater detail about the position and the company’s bonus structure. I was only asked a few questions and they were pretty tough. The following week I received a call from the hiring manger that he had went with one of the other finalists who had more experience in the industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screen and interview with hiring manager and another manager. Prior computer personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Having not had sales experience, I was slower to respond when asked why do you think you will be good at this position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Exactly as it's posted here. 30 minute phone interview followed by the hour long meeting with the important people in the hotel and the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are mostly here, so no need to stress too much.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

I interviewed with two people, both of whom kept the interview short, sweet, and on track. I was only in for approximately half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard skills and history. This was more about personality fit than skill.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Apply through online application, 1 month later, I got the first phone interview. One week later the second phone interview. 2 weeks later, I got the offer. The phone interview was focused on my cv works. The second phone interview was mainly about some open questions. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • One technical question much deeper than my work on cv.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The interview process went really well. total of 3 interviews.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Lots of situational questions. Really nice team, but after a while, the interview becomes tougher with specific situational questions pertinent to the position.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I am a well experienced manager looking to make a career change and slow down during the remaining years of my working life. I could not get an interview with Lilly because there was a prevailing perspective that those with advanced careers would only use FDE positions as a temporary post until something better came along. I finally wrote directly to the company with these concerns. This finally prompted a phone interview from their screening company. This led to an assessment. The assessment was for lab work - not operator positions as I had applied for. I questioned the assessment with my interviewer who advised that all applicants get the lab assessment to build a pool of candidates for those types of positions. At this point, since I passed the lab assessment, my application is supposed to be forwarded to the hiring managers for review. I have yet to be called for additional interviews or to take the operators' assessment.

Interview Questions
    • I had not formally worked in a lab setting for several years so this type of tedious assessment was a bit nerve racking for me.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Met their recruiter at the career fair, he called the night of and they had the first interview the next day. Had 3 people there, the recruiter from career fair, a higher level person and a new associate. Mostly led by the higher level person the recruiter didn't talk at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would a 10m cap ex purchase of half debt and half equity affect the 3 basic accounting statements   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eli Lilly in December 2013.

1. Step Applied Online:

2. Phone Screen.

3. step assement passed.

4. Face to Face panel interveiw. Two 45 min Interveiws.

5. Got Offer.

For those of you who had bad exp keep in mind that working for Lilly is not your noraml job they love for you to have exp but they are also look for pepole who are a team player and pepole willing to learn new skills sets. They want some who can understand complex projects. Don't go to your interveiw with a bad attude and question your interveiw the assement is based on lab work but it is a major parts of the jopb all you have to do is fellow the info porvied for you and you will be okay.