Eli Lilly

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screen and interview with hiring manager and another manager. Prior computer personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Having not had sales experience, I was slower to respond when asked why do you think you will be good at this position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Exactly as it's posted here. 30 minute phone interview followed by the hour long meeting with the important people in the hotel and the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are mostly here, so no need to stress too much.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

I interviewed with two people, both of whom kept the interview short, sweet, and on track. I was only in for approximately half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard skills and history. This was more about personality fit than skill.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Apply through online application, 1 month later, I got the first phone interview. One week later the second phone interview. 2 weeks later, I got the offer. The phone interview was focused on my cv works. The second phone interview was mainly about some open questions. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • One technical question much deeper than my work on cv.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The interview process went really well. total of 3 interviews.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Lots of situational questions. Really nice team, but after a while, the interview becomes tougher with specific situational questions pertinent to the position.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I am a well experienced manager looking to make a career change and slow down during the remaining years of my working life. I could not get an interview with Lilly because there was a prevailing perspective that those with advanced careers would only use FDE positions as a temporary post until something better came along. I finally wrote directly to the company with these concerns. This finally prompted a phone interview from their screening company. This led to an assessment. The assessment was for lab work - not operator positions as I had applied for. I questioned the assessment with my interviewer who advised that all applicants get the lab assessment to build a pool of candidates for those types of positions. At this point, since I passed the lab assessment, my application is supposed to be forwarded to the hiring managers for review. I have yet to be called for additional interviews or to take the operators' assessment.

Interview Questions
    • I had not formally worked in a lab setting for several years so this type of tedious assessment was a bit nerve racking for me.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Met their recruiter at the career fair, he called the night of and they had the first interview the next day. Had 3 people there, the recruiter from career fair, a higher level person and a new associate. Mostly led by the higher level person the recruiter didn't talk at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would a 10m cap ex purchase of half debt and half equity affect the 3 basic accounting statements   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eli Lilly in December 2013.

1. Step Applied Online:

2. Phone Screen.

3. step assement passed.

4. Face to Face panel interveiw. Two 45 min Interveiws.

5. Got Offer.

For those of you who had bad exp keep in mind that working for Lilly is not your noraml job they love for you to have exp but they are also look for pepole who are a team player and pepole willing to learn new skills sets. They want some who can understand complex projects. Don't go to your interveiw with a bad attude and question your interveiw the assement is based on lab work but it is a major parts of the jopb all you have to do is fellow the info porvied for you and you will be okay.

Procurement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Applied online via college recruiting website. Got invited to a pre-interview informal dinner at a local pub. Was very laid back and got to talk to a couple Lilly employees for roughly 2 hours. Next day I had my interview which lasted 45 minutes and was tough. They'll ask you some tough questions and it's okay to say "could we come back to that one later". I was then invited to an on-site interview at the corporate office in Indianapolis where I had two, one hour long interviews. Those were tough as well. My recommendation would be to be honest and answer the question to the best of your ability because they ask a lot of follow up questions. They will know if you're lying or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you negotiated for something and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Offer was okay, not too great compared to the others I received. Salary was a little on the low side and you can't negotiate the salary. Benefits are excellent. This was a tough decision for me because their culture and facilities are top-notch. The future of this company, salary and where I wanted to take my career were the reasons I declined the offer.