Eli Lilly Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

1. Phone interview with the hiring manager
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager and couple of team members
    3. On-Site all-day interview with 9 people
    4. Final presentation interview during on-site interview

The interviewers were very laid-back and friendly. The HR at the company is very disorganized since they outsource their HR needs to IBM which caused a lot of confusion and delays

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then someone called to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview was very professional and it lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would make it to the face to face interview with the hiring manager. About one week later I had the face to face interview with three district managers. Pretty easy interview. I expected a lot of STAR questions, but didn't get any. Definately not what I expected from a pharmaceutical interview.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

The process can be long depending on the job and the urgency to fill the position. They definitely do a good job of making sure they hire the right person and keep it competitive. As contractor I will say networking and building good solid relationships helps a lot.

Interview Questions

• What is the most satisfying/dissatisfying part about what your job?   Answer Question

Legal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

2-3 months after I applied I was contacted by phone for a short interview. Two days later I did a longer phone interview . That evening I was contacted for an interview, and scheduled 3 days later. 2 business days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• They use standard interview questions assessing personality, ability to perform aspects of required job.   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Interview

There are around numerous rounds of interviews, HR manager, an online assessment, 2 interviews with 2 direct line managers, and 2 more interviews with 2 Financial Managers, then a final interview with head of HR and finance. The entire process is long and tiring for a mid-level position which I believe is unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• The interviews of various rounds are more or less the same but being asked by different person.   Answer Question

Senior Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Initial email for phone interview, phone interview with contracted HR agents, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with one on one setting and panel setting, presentation of prior research.

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy behavioral questions especially since your presentation already displays your expertise in the field to them. One thing might be, why lilly or why industry (I came from academia)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since HR is contracted they are not quite uninterested in negotiating. Still, I was able to negotiate my starting salary and the starting date due to me having other offers from top companies.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions

• nothing too hard.
      common behavior questions, as what are you most proud of? etc

Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Eli Lilly (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took an online assessment/ personality test after submitting my cover letter and resume. Took two weeks to get back to me about the interview. I was referred by a family friend who has been working for the company for a very long time. Don't worry too much about the personality test but it's definitely better to pass it. The biggest thing is having sales experience, some exposure to the medical field or office in the past. They want someone with a lot of experience, doesn't matter how awesome and young you are.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects your worked on in college?   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eli Lilly (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions, they asked me about my back ground and experience   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly (Clinton, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and 2 F2F interviews. Took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Research the company. Several questions about how the company is doing financially.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy