Eli Lilly Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Eli Lilly.

The hiring process consisted of an HR interview followed by an interview with the hiring manager and then an on site day-long interview with up to 12 different people. The interview process was very rigorous with several fit questions and also required me to give a talk on my previous work. There were interviews with several senior director level scientists and future colleagues from different areas of the organization.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a situation when you had to disagree with someone. how did you do it ?   Answer Question
No negotiation permitted

Other Interview Reviews for Eli Lilly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eli Lilly in January 2012.

Three weeks after the application, I received a phone call from the HR and had an PH interview the next day. Questions include what you do currently, why you want to leave the current job, what is your weakness,

Interview Questions
    • when do you want to start to work if you were offered this job?   Answer Question
    not yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eli Lilly in June 2008.

Applied online and received a casual phone interview out of the blue.

On-site interview followed the standard format of an hour-long presentation and 1 on 1 interviews with scientists and HR.

Lilly does do behavioral interviewing so be prepared with your STAR answers to questions like, "Tell me about how you've resolved a conflict with a collaborator."

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was possible--the pay is already better than most post-docs.