Eli Lilly

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of an HR interview followed by an interview with the hiring manager and then an on site day-long interview with up to 12 different people. The interview process was very rigorous with several fit questions and also required me to give a talk on my previous work. There were interviews with several senior director level scientists and future colleagues from different areas of the organization.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation when you had to disagree with someone. how did you do it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation permitted

Fort Wayne, IN

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eli Lilly in January 2012.

Interview Details – Three weeks after the application, I received a phone call from the HR and had an PH interview the next day. Questions include what you do currently, why you want to leave the current job, what is your weakness,

Interview Question – when do you want to start to work if you were offered this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not yet

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Eli Lilly in June 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a casual phone interview out of the blue.

On-site interview followed the standard format of an hour-long presentation and 1 on 1 interviews with scientists and HR.

Lilly does do behavioral interviewing so be prepared with your STAR answers to questions like, "Tell me about how you've resolved a conflict with a collaborator."

Interview Question – Tell me about your dissertation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible--the pay is already better than most post-docs.

Worked for Eli Lilly? Contribute to the Community!