Eliassen Group Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wakefield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eliassen Group in February 2012.

I was contacted by the internal recruiter and the Chief Marketing Officer. There were a lot of phone calls and constant contact. Both contacts persons were enthusiastic and there were extensive conversations and strategy questions which were met with a high level of interest. I seemed to have a great in-person interview followed by another phone interview.Then there was a "lunch interview", with the CMO and the 2 people on the marketing staff where I was asked for my specific strategy ideas. The lunch was then followed by NOTHING. It was very strange after a high-level of pursuit and contact. I was never contacted as to whether I was still being considered or if they hired someone. Finally I contacted the internal recruiter. He left me a message that they decided not to hire as a full-time position and were now going to find a contract worker. It was very disheartening to be courted so hard, treated to lunch and then no one followed up. The recruiter said he thought the CMO was going to contact me and vice-versa. Just thought it was unprofessional for a "recruiting" business to drop the ball on the recruiting process of an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What would your social strategy be leading up to a conference?   Answer Question

CIO Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Eliassen Group in February 2010.

Very generic, no technical questions, more about personality. Met with the HR director, current CIO, and the company CEO. No real technical questions which was what I expected for this senior management position. Most questions focused on who I was and what I did.

Interview Questions
    • why are you looking to leave your current position   View Answer

Marketing - Eclinical Solutions Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eliassen Group in March 2010.

I submitted my resume online and received a response from the HR manager within a few days. My first interview was done on the phone with the HR manager who asked me some basic questions about my experience. A few days later, I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Like the HR manager, he was quite pleasant and asked me questions about my qualifications.

A couple of days later, I was invited into their office to meet with the team and the HR manager. Two of the four people I was supposed to meet with were unavailable, so I only ended up meeting with the hiring manager and the HR manager.

The interview went well enough, but it wasn't the right fit for either one of us. The two people I spoke with were friendly and professional, but I got the impression that they weren't totally certain what they were looking for in a candidate. The position I was applying for had been someone of a revolving door. The manager was looking for an experienced candidate, but planned to manage this person very closely, like a more junior position.

I also got the impression that it was a high pressure atmosphere. I was interviewing for a full-time position for Eliassen and not one of their contract positions. I've known several people who have been placed by Eliassen and were very pleased with their experiences.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Eliassen Group in October 2009.

The interview process was based over a 2 week period. I was interviewed by 5 different employees of the company. Each employee add been with the company for at least 10 years. The questions varied and ranged from very specific technical questions to more open ended questions regarding my past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you determine the cause of a memory leak?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Worked for Eliassen Group? Contribute to the Community!