Eliassen Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Interview

Social Media
Wakefield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eliassen Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the internal recruiter and the Chief Marketing Officer. There were a lot of phone calls and constant contact. Both contacts persons were enthusiastic and there were extensive conversations and strategy questions which were met with a high level of interest. I seemed to have a great in-person interview followed by another phone interview.Then there was a "lunch interview", with the CMO and the 2 people on the marketing staff where I was asked for my specific strategy ideas. The lunch was then followed by NOTHING. It was very strange after a high-level of pursuit and contact. I was never contacted as to whether I was still being considered or if they hired someone. Finally I contacted the internal recruiter. He left me a message that they decided not to hire as a full-time position and were now going to find a contract worker. It was very disheartening to be courted so hard, treated to lunch and then no one followed up. The recruiter said he thought the CMO was going to contact me and vice-versa. Just thought it was unprofessional for a "recruiting" business to drop the ball on the recruiting process of an internal candidate.

Interview Question – What would your social strategy be leading up to a conference?   Answer Question

Worked for Eliassen Group? Contribute to the Community!