Elie Tahari Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.5

Freelance/Contract Interview

first you have to wait for a very long time to speak with ELie, - he looks for your energy before your talent or expertise you need to be very positive, dynamic and upbeat its really more about if he likes the sense of who you are

Assistant Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

This is for Tahari ASL, not Elie Tahari. Went on a interview there and was asked to come in to work for three trial days - without pay or stipend offered at all. The tasks were simple enough but management seemed very all over the place. Unorganized and work space was very cramped.

Interview Questions
    • Kind of unusual that I was asked to work for free for a few days as a trial run. Should have at least offered to cover travel expenses especially since I was not from the city at the time.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Elie Tahari in February 2014.

I was interview by the Area Manager who is over the territory. She was very bright & courteous. I have been interviewed by Executives, VPs and CEOs and I have to say this was probably one of the most professional and in-depth interviews that I have had.
    I was then called for a second interview with her Manager which was also a good experience. Elie Tahari has the right people in these positions.

Interview Questions
    • Really, no hard questions if you had the experience that they were looking for. You could just tell that they wanted the "right" fit.   Answer Question
    Salary is a little less than what I wanted, but they have a strong bonus structure and a great clothing allowance. As well as, I liked the people interviewing me who I would be working for, which is invaluable to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

very basic and expected questions throughout the entire process. First interview was a phone interview, conversational. Second interview was on-site to meet with the merchandising team. Average overall experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your interests and how they apply to this position.   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

HR contacted me via Linkedin. The process was very positive. After meeting in person with HR, I had to schedule a follow-up interview with senior management. I came back for an in-person interview with that person as well.

Interview Questions
    • Neither the HR person nor the senior manager had a lot of experience in the position I was interviewing for. I supplied a lot of numerical data to prove my success in previous companies.   Answer Question
    Pleasant. They exceeded my expectations.

Fashion Designer Interview

Must have portfolio. Quite easy interview process. Managers have no idea about design so when they hire they dont even ask questions. They only want to look at pictures.

Interview Questions

Heard it was worst place to work.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

I got a call for a phone interview. Next I met with members of the team, haven't heard anything so I thought I didn't get the job. Two weeks later I was called back in to meet the team. The supervisor was traveling so I had a meeting scheduled with her a week later. Another week after that I was called in to meet an executive I was going to support. Heard I got the job 3 days later

Wholesale Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

Performed Skype interview with Sales Assistant. Pretty quick and straight forward intern questions. Received an email a week later from the HR Department telling me I got the internship.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Elie Tahari in January 2013.

Interviewing for a summer internship. Reached out to the company by email and after emailing back and forth got asked to do a phone interview. Spoke for about 40 minutes and called me the next day to say I got the internship. The Tahari employees I spoke with were a pleasure to talk to and very positive about the company. Overall a great experience and made me so excited to intern for the company.

The days i would be available to work.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Elie Tahari.

Uneducated manager interviewed me and gave me the job after asking me 3 questions.,..

There was none, take it or leave it.

Worked for Elie Tahari? Contribute to the Community!