Elie Tahari Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.3

Merchandising Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

I emailed resume and cover letter to the intern manager. I received an email within a couple weeks to schedule a quick phone interview and within the week we completed the phone interview. It only lasted about 10 minutes. Heard from her that afternoon. If I would have went on she said the next step would be an interview with the merchandising team, another interview with both her and the merchandising team, and finally another interview type conversation would be to go over details and availability/scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and then, What's a time you used price analysis and trend forcasting software? What was it for?   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

Smooth, quick interviewing/hiring process. After someone from HR called me for a phone screening, I came in for an in-person interview with the associate buyer and merchandising consultant. Each interview was ~10-15 minutes, no hard questions or curveballs. I was brought in again to meet with the COO, along with 3 other candidates for a surprise group interview, which wasn't bad at all because he was very busy and didn't spend a lot of time on each of us. Job offer was determined based on our performance on a project relevant to our position that he assigned each of us.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on style careers and got an email a few days later about a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I came in for an in-person interview with head merchandiser. The interview was very unprofessional. I asked all of the questions and she didn't seem as if she enjoyed her position or the company at all. Now I know why her past assistant quit 2 months into the position.

Intern Interview

Interview

at least 3 interviews. Long waiting process, finally meet Mr. Tahari and senior designers. Many phone interviews, but very short. Elie Tahari is very busy, Tahari is not that busy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule an in-person interview shortly after. The interview went well, and was asked mostly about my interests. All email interaction went through HR department, but the 1:1 interview was with my future manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to deal with the sometimes stressful environment of the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

it was a very quick and easy process. there was not a lot of difficult questions. Basically more of a personal (non invasive) discussion. it was a lovey experience and i came out of the interview having been offered the job on the spot by Elie himself. I was fortunate enough to bond with him effortlessly that was the easy part.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult questions, i feel it was more about if Elie likes your energy   Answer Question

Negotiation

i named my salary and they said fine

Freelance/Contract Interview

Interview

first you have to wait for a very long time to speak with ELie, - he looks for your energy before your talent or expertise you need to be very positive, dynamic and upbeat its really more about if he likes the sense of who you are

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

Sent in my résumé in June, called me mid July for an interview. It went well, it's just the rules, goals etc that I don't like. She said she would call her boss to tell her how it went and then the boss would call me for a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career site and heard back a week later; phone interview with HR intern; asked to come in to meet with the team and the president; submitted a paper; offered position a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• None; all were expected (ex: why do you want to intern at Elie Tahari? prior experience and resume walk through)   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

This is for Tahari ASL, not Elie Tahari. Went on a interview there and was asked to come in to work for three trial days - without pay or stipend offered at all. The tasks were simple enough but management seemed very all over the place. Unorganized and work space was very cramped.

Interview Questions

• Kind of unusual that I was asked to work for free for a few days as a trial run. Should have at least offered to cover travel expenses especially since I was not from the city at the time.   Answer Question