1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Outlet Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in May 2012.

I was contacted within a few hours after making application for Store Manager position by a Divisional Manager for Outlets. Very positive phone interview and conversation regarding how my skill set and experience in luxury retail and particular demographic matched what they were looking for..The DM stressed how the y were in need of filling the position immediately. We mutually agreed to an in person interview . The DM selected a time, location to meet., and gave me a description of herself for identification. I made the necessary flight arrangements. The day of the interview the DM did not show up to the interview as scheduled. After making my way to the store location and speaking with a Sales Associate. The DM was called on her cell phone. 15 minutes later she arrived and openly admitted to being so busy and forgetting about the interview. As a professional I was put off for being professionally mishandled. An HR Representative was on site and conducted the interview with the DM sitting in on the last few minutes. The interview was very standard with situation questioning and a walk through of my resume. Over the next week I followed up with an email, and a phone call. No response. Almost three weeks later I received an email from the DM thanking me for my continued interest in the position and that they would be in touch shortly. A month later and no response.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a staff without company incentive programs?   Answer Question