Elitch Gardens Interview Questions

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Elitch Gardens

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens.

Interview

I applied online for food service, then got an email asking when I wanted to set up an interview. When I went they brought me into a big room with other people for a group interview but a guy grabbed my resume out of my hand, and then a woman called my name. I went into a room with her and started an interview. I got the job but it was for retail. Then you have to come back the next week for orientation, after that you come back the next week for training. In training you get to pick where you want to do retail, attractions, candy, district, etc. once you are hired a supervisor calls you and asks when you are available but I had to wait 2 weeks to finish another day of training. Once you show up they just throw you into the job and show you real quick what to do then leave. They say call if you have any question but they get mad at you for not knowing anything. As I worked more I still had questions because they never properly trained me.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call within an hour from a HR representative to make an appointment for an interview. The actual interview was in a group of about 5. We were all asked standard interview questions, 'Why do you want to work here? ;Tell me about yourself? What are you strengths? What are your weaknesses?' Then the representative called us out into a different room individually and asked where we wanted to work in the park, why, and would we be alright working with children in kiddie land. Afterwards, they told you if you had the job, and if you did, you scheduled a time for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO).

Interview

Once you put in your apllication either online or in-person, someone from HR will contact you and schedule an interview and inform you of the papers you will need to bring. There will be a group of you interviewing at the same and they will have you all to answer questions (at your discretion) one after the other. The questions are pretty basic-they'll will ask why you want there. After the group interview they will take you one-by-one to an outside room and tell you if you got the job, what the pay is, etc( they'll call it 'individuak interviews' but its really not). The ones they leave behind will be left to play some type of "family-nite" game so you all can get to know each other. There is only one interview. Be prepared to take a drug-test on the spot if you get the job- some of my co-workers told me they were allowed to take it a different time but I wouldn't rely on that; one guy had to take it at the same time I did, failed, and I never saw him again. Also, have at least three questions prepared, and know something about the company( easist is about the 'pre-view' day or something like that-found on the website).Before you leave you will schedule an orientation day which is the big information meeting. Pretty simple. The people are pretty nice and helpful, just make sure you bring all the necessary papaerwork so you won't have to make an additional trip to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They took to a room, told me I got the job, asked if I wanted it, had me fill out some intial paper work, told to I would take a drug test right then, asked to identify the days I needed off.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

the first interview lasts about 5 mins then they ask you to come for the second interview

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable with handling large sums of money?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

Got a phone call to come and interview. Went in and had an interview with some supervisor at the park. She asked me the normal questions like weaknesses and strengths, high school grades, etc. Then I had to come back a few days later for an interview with a loss prevention officer. He asked me stuff like criminal history, drugs, alcohol, have you ever stolen anything. Basically, they will hire anyone. They even hired 14 year olds. Most people working here are high school students and complete morons, but it's what you'd expect at an amusement park. So, after the interview with the LP guy, I filled out some forms and he gave something saying I had to go take a drug test within the next days. I took the drug test, and then had an orientation. The orientation was in a big room and they just should us a powerpoint with basic training stuff. Then they showed us around the park. They interview process is kind of long for just a stupid summer job, but they will hire anyone willing to work for them.