Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Interview Questions

2.5

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

Two weeks after applying for the position, I was contacted for an initial phone interview with someone from HR, and the day after the phone interview, I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. A few days later, I was asked to complete a skills assessment, and upon completion, I was asked to come in for a third and final interview with several staff. After the third interview, I never heard back from anyone; I did send a follow-up e-mail but never received a response.

Interview Questions
    • What do your current colleagues come to you for that is not work-related?   Answer Question

Technical Officer Interview

I found the interview to be quite rigorous. I had several in-person interviews, as well as telephone interviews with peers and leadership one level up. The entire interview and hiring process was exceptionally efficient - the length of time from my first screening to the final offer was just shy of 3 weeks (and no, I had absolutely no contacts or networks prior to applying).

Interview Questions
    • Since I was applying for a technical role, the questions were more experience and skills-based than conceptual. it was either you had done the work before and could confidently answer the questions, or you had not.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a critical make-or-break factor that would have affected my employability, but not at all on the salary.

Country Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

The HR team at EGPAF seems to be much improved in the past few years. I received a lot of correspondence from the recruiter in charge of my case. I had an in-person interview in the Washington, DC office. There was no financial reimbursement to cover costs for traveling for the in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I had to wait several weeks before hearing that I will interview with other staff on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • For the Country Officer position, I was asked several times about my program and agreement management experience. I got the impression that they were not looking for candidates with strong technical skills, but with stronger management experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Worked there for five years.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was based on specific job qualifications   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate

Senior Officer Executive and Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in February 2012.

Telephone interview was set up about a week after application. It was a simple resume walk through with emphasis placed on Africa experience. Was promised a follow up interview, but this never came. Eventually received a generic email that the position was put on hold until July 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, except they did try to push quite hard for an answer on salary expectations.   Answer Question

Grants Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in February 2008.

HR person was very friendly and portrayed an excellent view of the Foundation and the work that it does. She made it fun to want to be a part of the company.

Interview Questions
    • You are overqualified for the position so why do you want to apply?   View Answer
    My agency handled it.