Elle Communications

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – First interview I had was pretty short. The second one was a little different than any one I had been on before. Laid back guy was the one asking all the questions. He seemed very cool, but also serious. The second interview took a little longer than I expected. The lady at in the lobby was nice, and set the expectations for me of what all we were going to be doing for the day.

Interview Question – I cant remember how they said it, but I do remember it was the last question of the interview. The manager asked "why" a lot, which I wasn't expecting. But I felt like I answered most of the questions pretty good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to wait until monday. I was thinking I would be a little more sure one way or the other. It took longer than I thought to get an answer.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in February 2012.

Interview Details – The initial contact was made only a day after I applied for the job. I had a first round interview the following day. It was surprisingly short for an interview, but it saves them time this way by saving all the details for the 2nd round interview. One of the reps took me and another candidate out to lunch for about an hour. We chatted about interests and goals. It was the most fun I've ever had on an interview. I then went back into the office after lunch for another chat and questionnaire, and I had the job offer later that night.

Interview Question – There was nothing really off the wall. They asked about goals, travel plans, and where I'd like to be in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate. I almost never negotiate. I really wish I would.

Account Manager Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Elle Communications in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty cool we went to a place called Texadelphia which I'd never been, too. Learned alot about insurances and products that the company offers. Business to business and business to consumer tactics and strategies for marketing was extrememly interesting seeing as I got my degree in Marketing.

Interview Question – What was my most difficult challenge to get over, and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview that was easy, then you go to a face to face lunch interview with a employee. I think I went to Arby's (How Professional Right?) Anyways you have to attend this interview in suit & tie apparel and the try to tell you about how you will end up being a manager but when it came down to it I simply asked what will I be doing? the answer is DOOR to DOOR sales which might be fine for some but not for me. Also, you have to pay for everything upfront. Your hired as an independent contractor so you must go through the hassle of not getting re-payed until you claim it on your taxes. It was just disappointing that they were masking a d2d sales job as a good marketing job and wasting a lot of your time by not being upfront about it.

Interview Question – The usual, What is your worst quality? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because Door to Door sales wasn't the position I was seeking. I also didn't want to walk around a neighborhood in 100+ degree summer weather in a suit and tie. ALL COMMISION

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in July 2011.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to the company e-mail and received a phone call the next day. They wanted to interview me ASAP and they were very flexible with their times. I came in for my first interview a few days later and I really liked the atmosphere of the entire office. While everyone working there seemed to be busy, I was greeted several times and asked about my day. One of the assistant managers took me into a room and we talked for about ten minutes. The interview questions were very typical, with some being short answer and others requiring some thought. At the end of my first interview, I was told that they would like for me to move on to the next step. We scheduled a date and time for my second interview, which I was told would be two to three hours long. My second interview consisted of going to an extended lunch where we discussed everything about the company including benefits, compensation, and any other questions I had about the position. I was surprised to learn about the huge opportunity to grow within a company like Elle Communications. I was offered a full-time job with the company as an Account Rep the next morning. To summarize, this was a two step interview process - one initial interview and one longer, in depth interview.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details – They have a very unprofessional interview process!! Especially for the environment!! Everyone in the office was wearing a suite and tie, and they represent themselves as a sales outsourcing agency but when interviewed the job turned out to be just door to door sales!! I drove an hour and a half for this interview hoping this company would be more legitimate but i was sadley wrong!! If you can afford to accept the low pay and odd hours of this company, and can also bother people in thier homes then i guess this is an okay job for you?? but if you view yourself as a successful sales professional dont bother with this company!!

Interview Question – Would you go to an OKC Thunder game with us after work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low Pay!! Long Hours!! Unprofessional!

Marketing/Advertising/Sales - Entry Level Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Elle Communications in November 2011.

Interview Details – The position was described as a Marketing/Mangement/Sales Entry-Level position. The interview process began with a short 15 minute phone interview. A day later I was contacted for a 1:1 lunch interview. The interview was conducted in 15 minutes at a local Braum's fast food restaurant. Personally, I saw this to be very unprofessional. My interviewer gave me a run-down of the company and how the comapny worked. 5 minutes into the interview I realized how this company really worked. Hours were stated as being M-F 11:00-8:30 and Sat 10-4. The odd hours were sit this way so you can go knock on potential customers doors when they arrive home at work. Don't waste your time with this organization.

Interview Question – What is the difference between direct and in-direct marketing?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Turned out to be a door-to-door sales position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Elle Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elle Communications interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Elle Communications employees and interview candidates.