Elliott Davis

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Leadership Conference Interview

Summer Leadership Conference

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Elliott Davis.

Interview Details – I signed up online and was chosen for an interview. At the interview I spoke with two people one on one, each for about 20 minutes. I waited a week to hear if I was asked to attend the conference.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you recently went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Greenville, SC

Interviewed at Elliott Davis

Interview Details – Recruited through functions associated with my Grad school. Had many meet and greet opportunities, which gave me a chance to network with current staff and management. Was invited for a full day interview at their office. Met with 6 different employees for one on one interview questions/discussions. All the people I came in contact with were great people, and that helped me reach my decision of accepting their job offer.

Interview Question – Just be yourself and no question should be too difficult. They are looking for not only smart people, but ones that can conduct themselves in a mature manner when working with clients.   Answer Question

Human Resource/Recruting Interview

Human Resource/Recruting
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Elliott Davis in February 2013.

Interview Details – A current employer and friend reccomended the position to me. I sent my resume to her and she forwarded it to the correct department. The next day I recieved a follow up call and had nearly an hour phone conversation with a member of that department. At the end of that conversation, I was asked to lunch with the head of that department. I recieved a follow up call after lunch asking me to a formal interview and tour of the office 2 days later. Following the interview, I recieved a full time offer the following day. The process was smooth and consistent. I felt like I was sought after and that the red carpet was rolled out for me. Everyone was eager to get to know me and ensure I would be happy in the role as well as fit the firm's culture.

Interview Question – I didn't recieve many difficult questions. The interview process was really about getting to know my personally and understanding how my non-accounting background would fit into an accounting firm.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Augusta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Elliott Davis in September 2011.

Interview Details – Met company on campus. Had on-campus interview and was invited to office interview. Three interviews total during the office visit. The people were very accommodating and a great fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not in position to negotiate

Staff Auditor

The process took a day - interviewed at Elliott Davis in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for a position after meeting the firm at a career fair. Next, there was a resume screening to determine which applicants would get an interview. The interview was an introductory interview, which consisted on basic questions such as what are your career plans? etc. The interview was with a managing partner.

Staff Auditor

The process took a day - interviewed at Elliott Davis in September 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was 6-7 standard questions. Questions were not very difficult, but they were looking for very specific responses.

Interview Question – When have you had to sell something to a group of people.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Elliott Davis in November 2009.

Interview Details – I met Elliott Davis through campus recruiting events. I applied online through Career Services for an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a casual meet-and-greet with a manager and a one-on-one interview with a shareholder (their term for partner). The interview consisted of very basic, standard interview questions (biggest strength, why I chose accounting, etc).

I found out the afternoon of the interview that I was invited for a second on-site interview, which was held about three weeks later. There were about 10 other candidates at the office visit, which consisted of dinner the night before and about 5 hours in the office the next day. During the office visit, I interviewed individually with every member of management at that office (about 6 people). There were also group sessions where we candidates ate breakfast, talked as a group, and watched videos about Elliott Davis. The office visit wrapped up with lunch at a local restaurant. I was offered the position about two weeks after the office visit.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The people were wonderful, the interview process went smoothly, and I was happy with the amount of the offer. However, after some consideration, I decided the location was not right for me.

Worked for Elliott Davis? Contribute to the Community!