Ellucian Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and reached out to appointed contact person within HR at the same time. The appointed person replied but was based abroad and not part of hiring process in the US

Interview Questions

• No question asked and no one reached out to me. My application resulted in a automatic e-mail a few weeks after I submitted my application with a comment that the position was filled without having reviewed my resume.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week afterwards to set up an interview time. The interview was over the phone and mainly consisted of behavioral "get to know you" questions, with the opportunity for me to ask questions as well.

Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ellucian (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 2 phone and 1 in-person interviews. The first phone interview was with the HR Recruiter checking on basic qualifications and background information. HR also provided a quick summary of the position and company benefits. This interview took about 10 minutes. The second phone interview was with the hiring manager and lasted about 30 minutes. The hiring manager covered more detailed information about the position and dug a little deeper into my experience. The final in-person interview took about 45 minutes and started with a walk to a local coffee shop for drinks. The hiring manager made me feel very at ease, it was like talking with a long time associate.

Interview Questions

• What was it that made me apply for this position and why did I think it would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Maitland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview is easy, its the training which is going to be the the death of some candidates. The tech savvy ones will survive the first week, the others are cut by Friday. Be prepared to bring your A game, as you will be dealing with the most intimidating training of your life. Being the bosses friend will not get you ahead, proving your tech skills will.

Graphic/Video Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellucian (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had to interview with her and provide references. Then she sent my resume off to this place and they had me come in for an interview. The interview consisted of 4 Ellucian employees and me. They were pleasant and professional—even had a sense of humor. They took the time to research my background, which I appreciated. I've been on interviews where they couldn't keep me straight from another applicant and that didn't exactly make for a great impression. That said, they threw some pretty tough questions at me. I don't rattle easy, so that wasn't a huge deal. What turned me off, though, was their emphasis on working overtime and their unrealistic expectations for what they wanted this one person to do. I have no issues working overtime to finish a project sometimes, but…I got the impression they wanted someone willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis. There was even talk of working at 3am. They wanted a videographer and video editor (including shooting footage, editing, and motion graphics), a graphic designer AND a web designer, a professional photographer, someone who produces music/can mix audio, and a writer. To be clear, they wanted ONE person who is all those things. I do all those things, but I can't say I've met many people like me. In fact, I can think of—maybe—one person? I also have friends in the art field who tell me it's very difficult to find a good video editor in this town, much less all those other things. When I first moved to town last year, I had multiple job offers—which just didn't happen where I came from. However, when I followed up with the recruiter I was told they were looking for someone with "more special effects" experience, but they hadn't said "no". Really? So, even though I had 95% of the HUGE range of skills they're looking for, they're going to hold off because I'm not a "special effects" master (I think—hope-- they meant motion graphics, but whatever) Technical skills can be learned—easily. Creativity and ingenuity and the ability to connect with your audience? Not so much. If all you care about is a lot of flash on the screen—you'll get a few people who say, oh, that's cool. And…that's about it. You have to actually SAY something or why bother? In any event, I decided to pull myself out of the running. The job sounded cool, but the pay was mediocre considering all the skills they want you to have and the long hours, and their preoccupation with special effects made me go hmmm (I got over that in college). I've seen the job listed multiple times in the last year. In fact, the recruiter contacted me about it back in February and then disappeared until June when I was told it has "reopened". When I asked them why, I got a pretty vague/standard answer. Well, I wish them luck finding that artistic genius who is a master at, basically, everything (but still willing to work for that pay) AND the perfect personality fit. Seriously, employers need to stop expecting the moon and develop more realistic expectations. Otherwise? You end up trying to fill the same job multiple times in one year.

Interview Questions

• If you were new and everyone in the office was gone and you hadn't gotten approval on a graphic you just made—but it has to be uploaded tonight—what would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ellucian (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Round 1 was with primary manager. Round 2 was upper management. Round 3 was a group interview that was very easy and more of "get to know you" than an interview. Usually you were interviewed in groups of two after the initial phone interview.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ellucian (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was relaxed, It consist of three customer service questions and three tech questions. It was not difficult. I got a call an hour later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you could have provided better customer service and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Ellucian in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter sent me email for the interview and she called me 15 minutes late , then unprofessional questions started , like did you hear Ellucian (couple times) and asked me my salary then my expectation , She told me they are paying less , I said , ok tell me what are you paying? She posed for couple minutes , I said Helloooo , she said I cant tell, She asked me if I am ok for less , I said how much? She didnt tell :) . So I learned the company!

Director, Education Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was OK with HR; however, the in person interview was terrible. No one was in the reception area initially, so I sat down. Eventually, a receptionist appeared and asked me if I wanted a water. I said yes, so she directed me to the cabinet behind me, where I was welcome to open the new case of water and take one to drink. Then, I go in to the interview with a person that I had spoken with on the phone previously....that's how I got the in person interview, sine our conversation had gone so well. He asks me if we had ever spoken before...very disappointing!

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then flew in to meet with SVP. Afterwards I heard that reference discussions had gone well and that the offer letter would be coming the next day. On that next day I was called and told that the decision had changed and that no offer letter would be forthcoming. Without any clear understanding around why. Very disappointing and unprofessional process.