Ellucian Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Help Desk Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ellucian in September 2014.

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Software Development Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ellucian in January 2014.

Got an email from a recruiter telling me I needed to complete an online preliminary test (to quickly weed out some people I suppose). It included questions that resembled SAT questions almost, like how many times did this letter appear in the text?

After that, I was scheduled to interview with a developer, and it was basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • On the online test, there were a few questions that involved taking an image and rotating/flipping it to match another position   Answer Question

Technology Director Interview

Slow, but expected.

Interview Questions
    First for anyone out there...DO NOT SIGN THE NON_COMPETE FORM! If things do not work out, you are stuck from working in any IT related job in the higher education sector for one year! If you are a programmer, you cannot get an offer to be a Director at another college..anywhere, for one full year.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ellucian.

A bit slow for what I am used to. Took 4 weeks total. Panel interview, but only one person asked the questions

Internal Sales Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter a few days after I submitted my resume via the website. I was asked when I would be available to speak to her. I emailed back and then heard nothing. No one called or emailed me. I sent another email to follow up and still heard nothing. I also called the recruiter and left a message. Nothing. I think it was a pretty disorganized process.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ellucian.

Two month process including 1st interview with former hiring manager then interview with current hiring manager. Then flight to in-person interview with new hiring manager. Customer references were called and I was elevated to interview with two separate SVPs. Told by HR that I was the only candidate being elevated. First SVP interview was informational. Five minutes prior next SVP interview meeting cancelled. HR informed me my education did not meet the requirements of the position.

Elearning Interview

Procees was as expected. Initial phone interview than in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Example of project situation where had to go back to manager   View Answer

Technical Support Specialist II Interview

Outsourcing. Had 8 days to decide if I wanted to move over to SunGardHE, now Ellucian or finish my contract.

Interview Questions
    • Pressure to move over without available consultation for contract verbage including non compete clause.   Answer Question
    Accept or Not

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ellucian.

There was a brief phone interview then one that took place in person where I had to do a presentation based on a topic provided by the company. It was fairly straightforward. In addition, there was a formal interview what raised your standard interview style questions.

Negotiations were difficult. A promise was made to revisit salary after six months but the company never followed through on this.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ellucian in March 2013.

HR Recruiter was a pleasure to work with. Did an initial interview, but then never heard anything else about the position, whether I was being considered to move forward or a denial letter. The company seems very unorganized in their communication and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you see yourself in the next 25 years.   View Answer