Ellucian

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Help Desk Specialist
University Center, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ellucian in April 2012.

Interview Details – I found the posting online and I sent my resume in. I also emailed someone that I knew from the office I was applying at and gave them a heads up. An HR rep for the corporate office called me for an initial screening. I was then invited to interview in the office for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – If you were driving down the road and you saw an ox in the ditch, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Development Summer Internship Interview

Software Development Summer Internship

I applied online - interviewed at Ellucian in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter telling me I needed to complete an online preliminary test (to quickly weed out some people I suppose). It included questions that resembled SAT questions almost, like how many times did this letter appear in the text?

After that, I was scheduled to interview with a developer, and it was basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – On the online test, there were a few questions that involved taking an image and rotating/flipping it to match another position   Answer Question

Technology Director Interview

Technology Director

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview Details – Slow, but expected.

Interview Question – Can you configure a network switch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First for anyone out there...DO NOT SIGN THE NON_COMPETE FORM! If things do not work out, you are stuck from working in any IT related job in the higher education sector for one year! If you are a programmer, you cannot get an offer to be a Director at another college..anywhere, for one full year.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview Details – A bit slow for what I am used to. Took 4 weeks total. Panel interview, but only one person asked the questions

Internal Sales Interview

Internal Sales

Interviewed at Ellucian

Interview Details – I was emailed by a recruiter a few days after I submitted my resume via the website. I was asked when I would be available to speak to her. I emailed back and then heard nothing. No one called or emailed me. I sent another email to follow up and still heard nothing. I also called the recruiter and left a message. Nothing. I think it was a pretty disorganized process.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview Details – Two month process including 1st interview with former hiring manager then interview with current hiring manager. Then flight to in-person interview with new hiring manager. Customer references were called and I was elevated to interview with two separate SVPs. Told by HR that I was the only candidate being elevated. First SVP interview was informational. Five minutes prior next SVP interview meeting cancelled. HR informed me my education did not meet the requirements of the position.

Interview Question – Are you Mormon?   View Answer

Elearning Interview

Elearning

Interviewed at Ellucian

Interview Details – Procees was as expected. Initial phone interview than in-person interview.

Interview Question – Example of project situation where had to go back to manager   View Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager
Maitland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ellucian in March 2013.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter was a pleasure to work with. Did an initial interview, but then never heard anything else about the position, whether I was being considered to move forward or a denial letter. The company seems very unorganized in their communication and hiring process.

Interview Question – Where would you see yourself in the next 25 years.   View Answer

Technical Support Specialist II Interview

Technical Support Specialist II

Interviewed at Ellucian

Interview Details – Outsourcing. Had 8 days to decide if I wanted to move over to SunGardHE, now Ellucian or finish my contract.

Interview Question – Pressure to move over without available consultation for contract verbage including non compete clause.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept or Not

Help Desk Technician Interview

Help Desk Technician
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ellucian in November 2010.

Interview Details – You meet with one of the three managers and if you know your stuff then you get hired.

Negotiation Details – Walked into bosses office and he said he like to hire me full time or something like that.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ellucian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ellucian interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ellucian employees and interview candidates.