Eloqua Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2015

3.2

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eloqua (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

My experience went pretty fast in comparison to others I've spoken with. There was one serious miscommunication between the (contract) recruiter and the hiring director that could have derailed the process, but it all worked out in the end. At Eloqua there's a lot of talk about tracking digital activity. Yes, they can track you, so make sure you can demonstrate that you've evaluated the company carefully.

Interview Questions

• The presentation. They intentionally provide a very broad topic and leave you on your own to come up with how you'll tackle it. Not much unlike other Sales Engineering positions though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy! Background check took a while but otherwise it sent smoothly.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I found the job that I was interested in via LinkedIN. Given what I know about the company, I thought I should apply. Combing through my network,I discovered that one of my former co-workers recently got a job there. I asked him to submit my resume. The recruiting coordinator forwarded my resume to the recruiter who contacted my via e-Mail. At that point, it took a while for me to connect with him -- after a number of e-Mails and calls, I finally managed to reach him to schedule a time/date for a discussion. I should have realized that when he was late that this was not a good sign. He finally called me and was beyond unprofessional. He raced through the questions at a furious pace and almost seemed combative when I answered them. At the end of the discussion, he said he'd forward my information to the hiring manager and did not hear anything back. I decided to follow up where I got my rejection e-Mail. While the individuals inside the company may be good, this recruiter was extremely disappointing. Perhaps I should have leveraged my former co-worker and go to the hiring manager directly since this individual clearly didn't want to deal with me.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua (Vienna, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

1) You will be contacted by HR to vet you. 2)They will then set up the initial call with the Sales Director. 3) You will meet with him in person, where he will give you background and tell you more about the company. He will also give you more information about the presentation that you will have to make in front of the group. Typically this will include the Regional Director and a RVP, with 2 of your prospective colleagues. They expect you to be able to sell Eloqua without even being able to see it. All in all, it's pretty ridiculous to expect someone to come in and be able to sell a product that they have never even seen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation. They make you an offer, and either take it or leave it

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua (Vienna, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phonecall with recruiter covering "general resume questions". In Person Interview with the following questions: In a language of your choice, reverse a String. In JavaScript, implement a Linked List. Another In Person On Site to discuss resume and teamwork experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an offer and I took it

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eloqua (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

The Hiring Mgr would not do a preliminary phone screen, always a bad sign. The interview was straight forward, lasted an hour, no difficult questions. A bit cowardly though because she thought the interview went well, smiled the entire way, agreed that I'd be a good fit, but when it came to follow-up one week later, I was taken out of consideration. There is no problem with not making the cut, but I do consider it an issue when people are dishonest. Advice- politely request a *sincere* indication if we are moving forward so that we do not collectively waste each others time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Mostly straight to the point. Asked for basic knowledge in marketing automation and gave technical questions in Java. They also gave a rundown of Oracle and its activities in business and technology.

Enterprise Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague who works in another branch of Oracle. The recruiter who initially interviewed me aligned my skills to a position at the new Oracle Marketing Cloud. From there I was brought in for an in person interview with two team leads and asked to conduct a roleplay as a next step. The directions were clear in the roleplay and the interviewers were very well practised in their craft. They gave very constructive feedback and primarily listened for a willingness to learn and adapt. The third step was to meet with the manager directly who was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. The questions were fairly open ended and they were very good at responding to questions coming from the interviewee. Overall a very positive experience with a very professional team.

Interview Questions

• The role play itself was difficult, having to demonstrate an ability to think on your feet and display executive level communication skills within 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eloqua (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I initially applied to Eloqua through LinkedIn and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. The phone call lasted approximately 15 minutes at which point a three stage interview was scheduled and a list of questions to prepare for was sent. Upon arriving for my interview, I was escorted into a small meeting room where I awaited the recruiter. After about 30 minutes the HR representative entered and asked a number of scenario based questions. After answering each question the recruiter corrected me and rephrased my answer to fit the Eloqua template. The second stage of the interview was intended to be with management, however, after waiting patiently for over 30 minutes the HR representative re-entered the room and informed me they were busy in meeting and that we would proceed to the technical component of the interview. In this portion of the interview I was met by two member of the IT team and was asked a number of questions about my work experience etc. From here they provided me with a lengthy document regarding Eloqua’s product to study and become familiar with in 10 minutes before an evaluation in the form of a mock phone call was administered. Unfortunately, I was unable to successfully complete the evaluation and I was informed that the HR rep would let me know how the company would proceed. The interview lasted approximately 3 hours. This was several months ago now and no communication was ever sent. Thankfully, I received an offer from an established company for a better position.

Interview Questions

• The technical evaluation consisted of 10 minutes studying a lengthy document regarding Eloqua's product followed by a mock phone call with a client.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eloqua (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The recruiter was upfront about the scope of and compensation for the position as well as the work environment. After a screening interview over the phone, I progressed to an on-site interview with the sales director. The odd part was that he wasn't available and I was interviewed by his counterpart. The interview wasn't difficult and seemed almost perfunctory. The director then left the room to get his VP to participate in the interview. Five minutes later, a sales rep comes into the room explaining that the VP wasn't available and the director had another meeting. The sales rep asked more insightful questions than the sales director. The interview concluded abruptly as the rep had a pending conference call to attend. The whole experience had a disjointed feel to it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eloqua.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview 3 times on 3 different days, personality and IQ test. Questions were related to my role and my experience and what can i bring to the job. Experience overall was great. the company is very dynamic and full of energy

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very standard and very related to the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer as is.