Eloqua

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eloqua in April 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied to Eloqua through LinkedIn and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. The phone call lasted approximately 15 minutes at which point a three stage interview was scheduled and a list of questions to prepare for was sent. Upon arriving for my interview, I was escorted into a small meeting room where I awaited the recruiter. After about 30 minutes the HR representative entered and asked a number of scenario based questions. After answering each question the recruiter corrected me and rephrased my answer to fit the Eloqua template. The second stage of the interview was intended to be with management, however, after waiting patiently for over 30 minutes the HR representative re-entered the room and informed me they were busy in meeting and that we would proceed to the technical component of the interview. In this portion of the interview I was met by two member of the IT team and was asked a number of questions about my work experience etc. From here they provided me with a lengthy document regarding Eloqua’s product to study and become familiar with in 10 minutes before an evaluation in the form of a mock phone call was administered. Unfortunately, I was unable to successfully complete the evaluation and I was informed that the HR rep would let me know how the company would proceed. The interview lasted approximately 3 hours. This was several months ago now and no communication was ever sent. Thankfully, I received an offer from an established company for a better position.

Interview Question – The technical evaluation consisted of 10 minutes studying a lengthy document regarding Eloqua's product followed by a mock phone call with a client.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eloqua in May 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview through an online application. I was then proceeded to take an IQ test which lasted about an hour. After passing the test the recruiter called me and spoke to me for about half an hour. She asked me a bunch of behavioral questions and to elaborate on my CV. After that she scheduled me 2 separate interviews with 2 people each on the same day.

The first group interview was about an hour or so long and I had to discuss my CV and personality. After that they went on to ask more behavioral questions; e.g: If u were stuck somewhere in Africa and lost all your belongings how would you hope to return to Canada ? It went pretty well and one of the guys was really friendly whereas the other one kept asking the difficult questions.

Right after I got done with that they called in 2 members of the technical staff and tested me on a certain aspect of the software. I was given 20 minutes to revise some material and then had to proceed to solving a customers problem in a role playing situation. One of the interviewers gave me irrelevant material along with the relevant one to learn so I didn't quite get a grip on the problem too well at first but after noticing the issue one of the tech leads realized the mistake he made. I solved the customers problem in 5-8 minutes after that but I guess it wasn't fast enough.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a broken blender how would you pursue fixing it ?   Answer Question
  • How would you get back home if you went abroad somewhere (e.g. a remote part of Africa) and lost all your belongings ?   Answer Question

Worked for Eloqua? Contribute to the Community!