Elwyn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Counselor Interview

Counselor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Elwyn in May 2013.

Interview Details – Program is looking for teachers that work all year round...first as a classroom teacher with a week off then as a camp teacher for the summer....wearing two hats for the price of one low salary...what is happening in this field of early education..I can earn more serving food at the ball park then teaching children? Our values suck and companies like this are taking advantage of highly educated folks that need to pay off student loans...

Interview Question – Tell why you are qualified to take this position   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – poor pay..see above

Service Coordinator Interview

Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Elwyn.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Interviewed with lead SC's. Most questions were surrounding my knowledge of special education and the IEP process. Offered position the next day. The longest part of the process is waiting for clearances to come back (you need Criminal, Child Abuse, and FBI) and then you also have to go for a drug test.

Interview Question – They asked what alot of special ed acronyms stood for.   Answer Question

In-Home Supports Interview

In-Home Supports
Media, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Elwyn in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend who was working here before me. I had a brief interview and was hired almost immediately. The company took a long time to verify my information, and it was a full month and half before I started training.

Interview Question – The IDD population is not an easy one at times. Make sure you are willing to exhaust yourself before choosing a job here.   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist

Interviewed at Elwyn

Interview Details – group interview with director. dumb questions

Interview Question – you will be expected to give your answers in front of others so this can be awkward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation there is a pay chart

Counselor Interview

Counselor
Elwyn, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Elwyn.

Interview Details – apply on line, will need driver license/clean record, criminal & abuse clearances, drug testing, experience in the field, 2-4 years of collage, will have several interviews and 2-weeks of inservice training, must be able to pass all tests in CPR, 1st aide, medicine training, crisis training, etc.....

Interview Question – The shift the company will place you on, either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, we work weekends and holidays. Don't think of getting sick!   Answer Question

Intake Coordinator Interview

Intake Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Elwyn in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview with recruiter, then 1:1 interview, then extensive background check with fingerprinting, drug test, criminal background check. Definitely want to see someone that is a self-starter, interesting in continuing education. Drug test killed me. Very serious about that part. I was given an offer, then it was recinded when I refused the drug test.

Interview Questions

Worked for Elwyn? Contribute to the Community!