Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I applied and within about 2 weeks I received a call saying that they were interested in having an interview with me. As I was on vacation at the time that they called, they were very accommodating and told me to call back when I returned. I did that the day after returning and set up an interview for a week later.
The interview itself took place at the location (I was from out of town, looking to move) and I was asked questions by two different people at the same time. My perception of the two people at the front desk who I notified when I arrived was not overly positive as they seemed indifferent to me (although I could have been a potential guest). My two interviewers differed to me. One of them seemed to take control, talking more and with a much friendlier attitude. Many of the questions were pretty standard (how do you deal with pressure, tell me about a recent stressful time, etc.) The other was quieter, although he also asked me a few questions. The quiet one seemed more stand-offish to me, which made me uncomfortable. The hotel was very nice, having stayed there in the past.
I was told that my information would be sent to HR to review and there would be a possible follow-up phone interview, after which a decision would be made. However, I later received an email saying that they were going to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • If a guest came up to you and revealed that they were celebrating something special (i.e. anniversary, birthday, etc.), what would you do to go above and beyond and show them that Embassy Suites cares?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Embassy Suites

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I applied the GSA online and got a call from the F/D manager few weeks later to set up an interview with her. I came to the hotel on time and waited for her like 15 minutes. We did around 30 minutes interview, which were most base questions. After the interview, she said she would let me see the HR. However, I waited another 15 minutes and she came to me said the HR was on a meeting. She would forwarded my information to the HR and she would contact me. I went home and waited few days get an email from the HR to set up another interview with her. She asked again the same questions as the FOM did. And she sent me to meet the GM. The GM was nice and he asked me some questions were not career related, like what my favorite food is. I asked him how did he think about me in the end of the interview. His answer made me feel like I did well. However, I went home and waited like 2 weeks. No one contacted me to tell me if I got hired or I failed.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I had a very friendly conversation with the hiring manager. He provided me with a parking pass (not easy to come by in the downtown area) after the interview, which was greatly appreciated. We first started off by discussing my resume and then moved onto stock questions which he said were necessary to ask. He offered me the job after the interview and asked me to call him back within the week to let him know if I was interested or not.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were centered around customer service, which I found challenging as my previous jobs were not customer-related.   View Answer

I found another job more suitable to my interests.

Anonymous Employee  in  Friendship Heights, Montgomery, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Friendship Heights, Montgomery, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I applied online through a job board...either indeed or simplyhired I can't quite recall. I was contacted about a week later and was scheduled for an interview. I was not told that it would be an open house and was given an interview time of 11:00. I arrived at 10:30 AM and saw lots of people dressed up entering the hotel so I followed. It was at this time I found out about the open house. I checked in and was told I'd be called. I was told that they didn't expect so many people and they were backed up so it'd be about an hour wait. I was unemployed therefore very patient and willing to wait. However, after waiting two hours I asked where I was in the lineup and she couldn't locate my application. I wound up not getting interviewed until 1:30. At this point, I was interviewed by the director of human resources and everything went extremely well. I was offered the second interview and was scheduled a few days later with the manager of the hotel. I arrived on time and that interview went just as smooth as the first. She then told me she would be in contact with me by Monday. However, Monday came and went and I hadn't gotten word either way. I emailed the director of human resources and she emailed me back the next day saying that I wasn't offered the position. I thanked her for the opportunity and usually you don't hear anything back after that. However, she replied again wishing me luck and telling me that I have a great future ahead of me. It was by far the most bizarre interview process I had taken part in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and had to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites in March 2009.

Phase 1: Phone interview with scenario questions.....what would you do if you had a long line in the lobby and etc.
    Phase 2: Interview between you and 3 managers. Questions shot at you left and right. some of them relevant some of them really irrelevant
    Interview was rather difficult for it being a hotel job
    Be prepared for a strange interview

Interview Questions
    no negotiation salary that was offered was really good for it being a hotel

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in July 2009.

All hiring done from their online web site www.hiltonfamily.jobs
    Was called for face-to-face interview 2 days after application. Interview was the following week. Interview questioning was situationally based (i.e., "tell me the last time you...") and hosted by who would be your supervisor. Was called a few days later with the good news and went in the next day to fill out forms for a conditional backgroung and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the last time you had a problem at work that was difficult to overcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available despite efforts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Embassy Suites in April 2009.

I stopped by one day to apply at an embassy suites for a front desk agent position. I did fill in the application in person and right away was asked to sit down with the front desk menager for a one on one interview, pretty easy interview. It went all well andafter one week i got a call asking if i could come for a second interview. The second interview was the definitive one and right on the spot i was offered the position!!!

Interview Questions
    • Has there been any situation of a problem where you did not come up with any solution?   Answer Question

Worked for Embassy Suites? Contribute to the Community!