Embassy Suites Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.5

Catering Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites in December 2011.

Very simple process. I went into the hotel and interviewed with three different people (Director of Catering, Director of Sales and the General Manager). Both the DOC and DOS did not seem to like me. The DOC event stated that she had already interviewed six "girls" and didn't like any of them. Frankly, I was shocked when she offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but it was not successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I applied and within about 2 weeks I received a call saying that they were interested in having an interview with me. As I was on vacation at the time that they called, they were very accommodating and told me to call back when I returned. I did that the day after returning and set up an interview for a week later.
    The interview itself took place at the location (I was from out of town, looking to move) and I was asked questions by two different people at the same time. My perception of the two people at the front desk who I notified when I arrived was not overly positive as they seemed indifferent to me (although I could have been a potential guest). My two interviewers differed to me. One of them seemed to take control, talking more and with a much friendlier attitude. Many of the questions were pretty standard (how do you deal with pressure, tell me about a recent stressful time, etc.) The other was quieter, although he also asked me a few questions. The quiet one seemed more stand-offish to me, which made me uncomfortable. The hotel was very nice, having stayed there in the past.
    I was told that my information would be sent to HR to review and there would be a possible follow-up phone interview, after which a decision would be made. However, I later received an email saying that they were going to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • If a guest came up to you and revealed that they were celebrating something special (i.e. anniversary, birthday, etc.), what would you do to go above and beyond and show them that Embassy Suites cares?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

no negotiation

Food and Beverage - Bartender, Room Service, Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

one interview. basic questions

n/a

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in March 2014.

Online application following and over the phone interview with HR. two days later received a face-to-face interview with the Front Office Manager - A week later followed an interview with the General Manager with a job offer the following week

Interview Questions
    • Have I you ever had a dispute or disliked a fellow co-worker - tell about a time that you disagreed or why you disliked that co-worker   View Answer
    The offer came well above my asking salary - Interview good and be honest. Let them know your goals. Know the history behind the company you are interviewing for. Let them know this is not a JOB - this is your CAREER and you are here for the long run. Be honest. If you want to be in the hotel industry and have a passion as I do, then you will do fine and get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

I applied the GSA online and got a call from the F/D manager few weeks later to set up an interview with her. I came to the hotel on time and waited for her like 15 minutes. We did around 30 minutes interview, which were most base questions. After the interview, she said she would let me see the HR. However, I waited another 15 minutes and she came to me said the HR was on a meeting. She would forwarded my information to the HR and she would contact me. I went home and waited few days get an email from the HR to set up another interview with her. She asked again the same questions as the FOM did. And she sent me to meet the GM. The GM was nice and he asked me some questions were not career related, like what my favorite food is. I asked him how did he think about me in the end of the interview. His answer made me feel like I did well. However, I went home and waited like 2 weeks. No one contacted me to tell me if I got hired or I failed.

Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Filled out an online application trough indeed.com. Received a call from HR and did a phone interview. Basic bartending experience quesions - what does good customer service mean to you. Describe good teamwork. Tell me about a time a customer had a complaint/problem and how did you resolve it. One week later, received a call from Catering manager to come in the following day for a face to face interview. Went in the next day, arrived 5 minutes early , met F&B Manager who told me to take a seat in the lobby/lounge area. He came by 5 minutes later and we had the interview right in the lobby/lounge. He asked some of the same questions the HR girl did but also some new ones like - How do you cut off a guest who is intoxicated. Name something you didn't like about your previous job.
    He was a very nice young man, but he kept looking over my shoulder watching what was going on behind me, which makes me think he wasn't too wowed with my answers

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an argument/disagreement you had with a manager or other bartender and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Very brief interview, manager asked simple questions such as "describe a time you went above and beyond for a guest."

better opportunity elsewhere

Event Services Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2010.

Relocating from Orlando to Atlanta, first had phone interview with DOS, then with GM.
    Flown up for interview on Wednesday, job offered on Friday, moved to Atlanta the following week.

Interview Questions
    • did not really have any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    very agreeable

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Embassy Suites in February 2009.

I was interviewed by 3 different people for about 30 minutes a piece, the process was straight forward,quick via background checks, physical and testing for the position. Everybody were very professional and pleasant to interact with...A+.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a coworker stealing?   View Answer
    I was able to max out the top wage for the position.

Worked for Embassy Suites? Contribute to the Community!