Embassy Suites Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.5

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview

I arrived 15 min. early, and was greated by many lovely helpful people. I then met with the Chief of Engineers, who is a great guy! After that I met with the GM and he was a wonderful person to chat with.

Belman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview

Very professional staff, but friendly, low pressure interview process....very nice. Sat with the Front office manager and basically just had a chat. I got a good feel of the culture and was very happy with the communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle someone being checked into an occupied room.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, was looking for secondary job at the time.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email to do some questions online (a questionnaire) got an email saying to schedule my one on one and then after my one on one i got a call a few days lat

Gift Store Clerk Interview

Interview

Applied online. Within 48 hours had an impromptu telephone interview which consisted of standard questions. This was on a Friday. The following Monday I was scheduled for an interview the upcoming Friday. Interview went great and the guy told me to expect a phone call. A week later I got a generic 'thank you for your interest, but no' e-mail and that was that. Was certain I'd be getting an offer but hey, what can you do?

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Embassy Suites (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied and within about 2 weeks I received a call saying that they were interested in having an interview with me. As I was on vacation at the time that they called, they were very accommodating and told me to call back when I returned. I did that the day after returning and set up an interview for a week later.
    The interview itself took place at the location (I was from out of town, looking to move) and I was asked questions by two different people at the same time. My perception of the two people at the front desk who I notified when I arrived was not overly positive as they seemed indifferent to me (although I could have been a potential guest). My two interviewers differed to me. One of them seemed to take control, talking more and with a much friendlier attitude. Many of the questions were pretty standard (how do you deal with pressure, tell me about a recent stressful time, etc.) The other was quieter, although he also asked me a few questions. The quiet one seemed more stand-offish to me, which made me uncomfortable. The hotel was very nice, having stayed there in the past.
    I was told that my information would be sent to HR to review and there would be a possible follow-up phone interview, after which a decision would be made. However, I later received an email saying that they were going to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• If a guest came up to you and revealed that they were celebrating something special (i.e. anniversary, birthday, etc.), what would you do to go above and beyond and show them that Embassy Suites cares?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Embassy Suites in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was prompt, respectful, and had good follow-through, which is where many companies fail, in my opinion. I have been in interviews that felt like an assembly line process; this was not one of them. Though I did not accept the position, it made me a greater fan of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected; reasonable questions given the level of the position   Answer Question

I accepted another, comparable position that was closer to home.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What makes you result oriented   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Food and Beverage - Bartender, Room Service, Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Embassy Suites (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

one interview. basic questions

Negotiation

n/a

Night Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Embassy Suites (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application following and over the phone interview with HR. two days later received a face-to-face interview with the Front Office Manager - A week later followed an interview with the General Manager with a job offer the following week

Interview Questions

• Have I you ever had a dispute or disliked a fellow co-worker - tell about a time that you disagreed or why you disliked that co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer came well above my asking salary - Interview good and be honest. Let them know your goals. Know the history behind the company you are interviewing for. Let them know this is not a JOB - this is your CAREER and you are here for the long run. Be honest. If you want to be in the hotel industry and have a passion as I do, then you will do fine and get the job.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Embassy Suites (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I applied the GSA online and got a call from the F/D manager few weeks later to set up an interview with her. I came to the hotel on time and waited for her like 15 minutes. We did around 30 minutes interview, which were most base questions. After the interview, she said she would let me see the HR. However, I waited another 15 minutes and she came to me said the HR was on a meeting. She would forwarded my information to the HR and she would contact me. I went home and waited few days get an email from the HR to set up another interview with her. She asked again the same questions as the FOM did. And she sent me to meet the GM. The GM was nice and he asked me some questions were not career related, like what my favorite food is. I asked him how did he think about me in the end of the interview. His answer made me feel like I did well. However, I went home and waited like 2 weeks. No one contacted me to tell me if I got hired or I failed.