Embassy Suites

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

Interview Question – What makes you result oriented   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Food and Beverage - Bartender, Room Service, Server Interview

Food and Beverage - Bartender, Room Service, Server
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview Details – one interview. basic questions

Negotiation Details – n/a

Night Manager Interview

Night Manager
Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in March 2014.

Interview Details – Online application following and over the phone interview with HR. two days later received a face-to-face interview with the Front Office Manager - A week later followed an interview with the General Manager with a job offer the following week

Interview Question – Have I you ever had a dispute or disliked a fellow co-worker - tell about a time that you disagreed or why you disliked that co-worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer came well above my asking salary - Interview good and be honest. Let them know your goals. Know the history behind the company you are interviewing for. Let them know this is not a JOB - this is your CAREER and you are here for the long run. Be honest. If you want to be in the hotel industry and have a passion as I do, then you will do fine and get the job.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waltham, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview Details – I applied the GSA online and got a call from the F/D manager few weeks later to set up an interview with her. I came to the hotel on time and waited for her like 15 minutes. We did around 30 minutes interview, which were most base questions. After the interview, she said she would let me see the HR. However, I waited another 15 minutes and she came to me said the HR was on a meeting. She would forwarded my information to the HR and she would contact me. I went home and waited few days get an email from the HR to set up another interview with her. She asked again the same questions as the FOM did. And she sent me to meet the GM. The GM was nice and he asked me some questions were not career related, like what my favorite food is. I asked him how did he think about me in the end of the interview. His answer made me feel like I did well. However, I went home and waited like 2 weeks. No one contacted me to tell me if I got hired or I failed.

Interview Question – what is your favorite American food?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application trough indeed.com. Received a call from HR and did a phone interview. Basic bartending experience quesions - what does good customer service mean to you. Describe good teamwork. Tell me about a time a customer had a complaint/problem and how did you resolve it. One week later, received a call from Catering manager to come in the following day for a face to face interview. Went in the next day, arrived 5 minutes early , met F&B Manager who told me to take a seat in the lobby/lounge area. He came by 5 minutes later and we had the interview right in the lobby/lounge. He asked some of the same questions the HR girl did but also some new ones like - How do you cut off a guest who is intoxicated. Name something you didn't like about your previous job.
He was a very nice young man, but he kept looking over my shoulder watching what was going on behind me, which makes me think he wasn't too wowed with my answers

Interview Question – Tell me about an argument/disagreement you had with a manager or other bartender and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Bartender

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview Details – Very brief interview, manager asked simple questions such as "describe a time you went above and beyond for a guest."

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better opportunity elsewhere

Event Services Manager Interview

Event Services Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2010.

Interview Details – Relocating from Orlando to Atlanta, first had phone interview with DOS, then with GM.
Flown up for interview on Wednesday, job offered on Friday, moved to Atlanta the following week.

Interview Question – did not really have any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very agreeable

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Embassy Suites in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 3 different people for about 30 minutes a piece, the process was straight forward,quick via background checks, physical and testing for the position. Everybody were very professional and pleasant to interact with...A+.

Interview Question – How would you handle a coworker stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to max out the top wage for the position.

Front Desk Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview Details – I had a very friendly conversation with the hiring manager. He provided me with a parking pass (not easy to come by in the downtown area) after the interview, which was greatly appreciated. We first started off by discussing my resume and then moved onto stock questions which he said were necessary to ask. He offered me the job after the interview and asked me to call him back within the week to let him know if I was interested or not.

Interview Question – Most questions were centered around customer service, which I found challenging as my previous jobs were not customer-related.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I found another job more suitable to my interests.

Breakfast Server Interview

Breakfast Server
Temecula, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Embassy Suites in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in person, got a call back a week later for an interview. The interview was relaxed but detailed, and then got a call a couple days later asking if I wanted the job.

Interview Question – What is a trait that you don't like in people?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Embassy Suites

Worked for Embassy Suites? Contribute to the Community!