Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Interview Questions in Daytona Beach, FL

Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.2

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

They asked about 40 questions and had two people present at the interview. We sat at a table and talked. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. We laughed and had fun. They provided drinks and cookies to munch on. The lady was pretty. The man was dressed on a suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Will you follow directions no matter what?   1 Answer
    • Will you work for minimum wage?   1 Answer
    • Do you like the Chancellor?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to follow a dictatorship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the pay as it was. It was not negotiable..

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very simple and quick process. Emailed resume and had a phone call within a week. Within another week I had an interview. Interview was not very formal and took about 30 minutes. Asked general questions about experience and future plans.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions to test my knowledge of Microsoft programs. One program was one I had never used, Microsoft Project   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Student Technician - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy although the person who hired me ot fired a month later.

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question for the position of Student "Technician" was asking me to write an essay on leadership.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I had one very casual interview since I had already worked for the department. I was told what to expect from the job, I was given a gist of the project concept. I was asked for my schedule and we worked on a time table that fit both my supervisor and myself. I was told what they expected from me and if I thought I could accept it. It went really well.

Interview Questions

• Regarding my knowledge and expertise with a particular software tool used for simulations   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Being a graduate there is too much bias from me. It was pretty easy considering what I had to do. The basic interview was 1:1 and since they are hardcore on their SOPs the questions were easy to answer. The sim and flight was just as I expected, but, like i said, know those SOPs.

Interview Questions

Too strict on everything, did not like the location

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

I received an email about coming in for an interview that day after I applied. I met initially with the hiring manager, then the rest of the team on the first day. I was asked to come back in a few days later to meet with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to this team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Offer came in writing from HR via email.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Was a current adjunct and applied for full time on campus. They knew me and I knew them. I had recently been informally offered a similar position there but the position was eliminated due to the economy. In both one on one, and panel interviews, the interviewers did not seem to be serious. When they were, they were very adversarial.

Instructor Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

Basically the interview comes down to a written test followed by an HR/Technical interview with two Managers. After this process you move on to a Simulator Interview followed by a Flight Interview. Basic Flight maneuvers on each 2 private pilot (gnd ref / air work) and 1 commercial maneuver (chandelles/lazy eights). All performance landings/takeoffs were tested. In the SIM interview the focus is on instrument flying, ILS / DME Arc, use of the garmin G1000 system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Strategic Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

Embry-Riddle is a great place to work. The people that land jobs there tend to stay for very long tenures. Many of my colleagues have been there for more than 10 years and have no plans of leaving. Typically the hiring process involves people you will work with repeatedly. Unless it is an upper-level position, you may not experience the panel interview format. More likely is the format that reqiuires multiple interviews with the people that will interact with you the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe the attribute you possess that will make you successful in this position and additional positions within this organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation was available. The position already had limitations on salary range and since the position was created specifically to satisfy a project, the compensation was set.