Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant and Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Interview Details – Phone and in person

Interview Question – Basic HR Questions and scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was set so there was no negotiation

Student Technician - IT Interview

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was lengthy although the person who hired me ot fired a month later.

Interview Question – the most unexpected question for the position of Student "Technician" was asking me to write an essay on leadership.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple and quick process. Emailed resume and had a phone call within a week. Within another week I had an interview. Interview was not very formal and took about 30 minutes. Asked general questions about experience and future plans.

Interview Question – Asked questions to test my knowledge of Microsoft programs. One program was one I had never used, Microsoft Project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had one very casual interview since I had already worked for the department. I was told what to expect from the job, I was given a gist of the project concept. I was asked for my schedule and we worked on a time table that fit both my supervisor and myself. I was told what they expected from me and if I thought I could accept it. It went really well.

Interview Question – Regarding my knowledge and expertise with a particular software tool used for simulations   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in July 2009.

Interview Details – I received an email about coming in for an interview that day after I applied. I met initially with the hiring manager, then the rest of the team on the first day. I was asked to come back in a few days later to meet with a VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. Offer came in writing from HR via email.

Flight Instructor Interview

Flight Instructor
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Being a graduate there is too much bias from me. It was pretty easy considering what I had to do. The basic interview was 1:1 and since they are hardcore on their SOPs the questions were easy to answer. The sim and flight was just as I expected, but, like i said, know those SOPs.

Interview Question – Pretty Basic, know G1000 systems   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too strict on everything, did not like the location

Instructor Pilot Interview

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in May 2008.

Interview Details – Basically the interview comes down to a written test followed by an HR/Technical interview with two Managers. After this process you move on to a Simulator Interview followed by a Flight Interview. Basic Flight maneuvers on each 2 private pilot (gnd ref / air work) and 1 commercial maneuver (chandelles/lazy eights). All performance landings/takeoffs were tested. In the SIM interview the focus is on instrument flying, ILS / DME Arc, use of the garmin G1000 system.

Interview Question – What is a magneto?
Explain Gyroscopic Precession
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assistant Professor Interview

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in April 2009.

Interview Details – Was a current adjunct and applied for full time on campus. They knew me and I knew them. I had recently been informally offered a similar position there but the position was eliminated due to the economy. In both one on one, and panel interviews, the interviewers did not seem to be serious. When they were, they were very adversarial.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your present position?   Answer Question

Strategic Financial Analyst Interview

Strategic Financial Analyst
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in April 2008.

Interview Details – Embry-Riddle is a great place to work. The people that land jobs there tend to stay for very long tenures. Many of my colleagues have been there for more than 10 years and have no plans of leaving. Typically the hiring process involves people you will work with repeatedly. Unless it is an upper-level position, you may not experience the panel interview format. More likely is the format that reqiuires multiple interviews with the people that will interact with you the most.

Interview Question – Describe the attribute you possess that will make you successful in this position and additional positions within this organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation was available. The position already had limitations on salary range and since the position was created specifically to satisfy a project, the compensation was set.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Interview Details – One interview face to face with the professor. The interview was streight forward and only required me to outline a simple topic of physics of my choice. The professor simply wanted to see communication skills. Compensation was great as it payed for my classes and stipend.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University employees and interview candidates.