Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.3

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

One face to face interview on site. Job offered and accepted one week later. General interview questions followed by casual conversation. It was a very easy and quick process.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in November 2014.

Interview

The whole interview lasted 30 minutes. At first, they explained my the position and they asked my four to six really easy questions. Most of them were related to my previous educational backround and especially about my projects. They also asked me if I participate in any student group. More than that they infored my that I have to work 20 hours per week.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Interview

All positions are posted and applied directly via ERAU website. Initial response was very quick, possibly due to the position being posted for a while. Phone interview was with the hiring manager. Discussed position and background in depth. Was asked for an in person interview but at end of the conversation found salary range was too low for me. Shame it sounded like an interesting environment.

Interview Questions

Offer was to move forward to in person interview but I declined due to salary range being too low.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

They asked about 40 questions and had two people present at the interview. We sat at a table and talked. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. We laughed and had fun. They provided drinks and cookies to munch on. The lady was pretty. The man was dressed on a suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Will you follow directions no matter what?   1 Answer
    • Will you work for minimum wage?   1 Answer
    • Do you like the Chancellor?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to follow a dictatorship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the pay as it was. It was not negotiable..

Assistant and Director Interview

Application

Interview

Phone and in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was set so there was no negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very simple and quick process. Emailed resume and had a phone call within a week. Within another week I had an interview. Interview was not very formal and took about 30 minutes. Asked general questions about experience and future plans.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions to test my knowledge of Microsoft programs. One program was one I had never used, Microsoft Project   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Student Technician - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy although the person who hired me ot fired a month later.

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question for the position of Student "Technician" was asking me to write an essay on leadership.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I had one very casual interview since I had already worked for the department. I was told what to expect from the job, I was given a gist of the project concept. I was asked for my schedule and we worked on a time table that fit both my supervisor and myself. I was told what they expected from me and if I thought I could accept it. It went really well.

Interview Questions

• Regarding my knowledge and expertise with a particular software tool used for simulations   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Being a graduate there is too much bias from me. It was pretty easy considering what I had to do. The basic interview was 1:1 and since they are hardcore on their SOPs the questions were easy to answer. The sim and flight was just as I expected, but, like i said, know those SOPs.

Interview Questions

Too strict on everything, did not like the location

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

I received an email about coming in for an interview that day after I applied. I met initially with the hiring manager, then the rest of the team on the first day. I was asked to come back in a few days later to meet with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to this team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Offer came in writing from HR via email.