Emdeon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Healthcare Representative Interview

Healthcare Representative
Port Arthur, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Emdeon in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited while working for the Texas Health an Human Services Commission. The recruiter was very professional and pleasant. There was some preemployment testing. I only had one interview with the DM. I met and spoke with my coworker. In retrospect, I think she liked me because she would not have to use the language line to screen Spanish speaking patients anymore.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The salary was such an improvement over what the State paid, I just accepted it.

Client Manager Interview

Client Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Emdeon in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I spoke with the Human Resource Manager for 1hr via phone. She like my resume but requested I submit a functional resume due to having being promoted so many times with my current employer. She was extremely nice and we communicated via email and phone a lot. It took two weeks before I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the department I would work in. The hiring manager interviewed me for over two hours. We went over every aspect of the job I would be performing, my skill set, what skills are need for the position, past clients I have worked with (their competitors) and what she and the company values most. The Hiring manager asked if I could come back to meet her staff and when could I start. I felt the interview was intense but went very well. Another two weeks later I heard back from the Human Resource Manager and she asked why I stated in my interview that I preferred working accounts to managing them? I stated maybe the Hiring Manager misunderstood; I even pointed out that I currently manage clients and would not apply for a position that is considered a step down. She paused for a while then immediately offered me another position less pay of course; I declined. She was stunned, I stated that I appreciated the opportunity to interview with her company and thank her for her time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to travel to the west cost?   View Answer
  • How many clients does your current employer have?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a totally different position, not what I interviewed for at all. Not sure the company knows what they are looking for in a candidate or at least properly identified this type of need for their clients; currently both positions are still open in my area and in other states as well.

Enrollment Representative Interview

Enrollment Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Emdeon in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was found on career builder and asked to come in to speak about a position. I came in and interviewed and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – What are your strongest technical skills and how could they apply here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

Interviewed at Emdeon

Interview Details – Good- corresponding to position the questions were asked

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Emdeon in December 2010.

Interview Details – Frustrating with background check outsourced to India

Interview Question – Do I want to work for a call center   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 3000 less than requested

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Emdeon in February 2010.

Interview Details – contacted by HR. then phone interviewed by hiring mgr.

Interview Question – write a width first search in java   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Emdeon.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was pleasant and the team asked the right questions.

Interview Question – What would you do in this position to make Emdeon a better place to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Emdeon in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, face to face with 4 members of management team, one phone interview.

Negotiation Details – It was relatively quick. They gave me what I asked for as far as money goes.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Taylorsville, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Emdeon in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with HR Recuriter
Had phone interview
Had Face to Face interview

Interview Question – normal typical. Had face to face interview with each group and then another group came in the room   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the atompshere. Didn't like the culture of the workplace. Was no job growth and didn't like the location.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Emdeon in September 2011.

Interview Details – There will be different levels of interview; the first one will be just for the name sake. The HR recruiter will be talking to you to know about your expectations. Do your market research and let them know your expectations. The second round will be a technical; for most of the departments, the interview will be very cool. Just keep true to whatever you have mentioned in your resume. Most of the questions will be routine textbook questions. However there are couple of teams which will be trying to grill you due to some reasons. If you apply for those teams, 'all the best'. Once you clear the tech interview, you are almost 99% IN.....

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emdeon

Worked for Emdeon? Contribute to the Community!