Emdeon

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Implementation Analyst Interview

Interviewing done through corporate recruiter out of Atlanta. Very pleasant and to the point interview. Looking for high level skill, Self motivated, and ambitious prospects that know what they are doing when it comes to billing and implementation.

Easy.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emdeon.

It was a very long process. From the time that they contacted me for an interview until my start date was almost 2 months. I felt like a pest contacting them weekly. Sometimes the return calls took days.

I got what I asked for.

Proposal Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emdeon.

The process went extremely fast. I sort of got the feeling they were simply looking for someone to fill the empty spot. They also seemed to want the person to fill the position to do a lot more than what the job title, and usual job duties of this kind of position, require.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you moved around in the last 5 years?   View Answer

I felt like the company did appreciate their employees the same way other companies do.

Nuse Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emdeon.

Process took months. Interviewed with talent acquisition, then with manager twice. The department manager was terminated prior to my start. I then interviewed with the VP and a future co-worker and was offered a different position within the company, to roll out a new program, one which I was quite experienced with. This turned out to be a bait and switch. Don't trust these unethical people. Get everything in writing.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was straight forward and performed telephonically.   Answer Question
    Negotiate the best salary you can, because they do not give annual raises.

Health Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emdeon.

I had to take a personality test that I thought was not necessary. The whole process took about an hour. I was told that I would not have to stay past five. Boy was I wrong. I ended up staying past seven some nights with no overtime pay. I was not pleased about that. Very misleading.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a challenge at work, and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Manager Information Technology Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Emdeon.

First there was the initial phone screen with the lead recruiter and the CISO of Emdeon. Then I went to Nashville, TN for my final in person interview with four individuals for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • How would I approach securing an IT environment with over 300 applications?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Good- corresponding to position the questions were asked

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emdeon.

The interviewing process was pleasant and the team asked the right questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in this position to make Emdeon a better place to work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation opportunity

Client Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emdeon in January 2014.

Initially I spoke with the Human Resource Manager for 1hr via phone. She like my resume but requested I submit a functional resume due to having being promoted so many times with my current employer. She was extremely nice and we communicated via email and phone a lot. It took two weeks before I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the department I would work in. The hiring manager interviewed me for over two hours. We went over every aspect of the job I would be performing, my skill set, what skills are need for the position, past clients I have worked with (their competitors) and what she and the company values most. The Hiring manager asked if I could come back to meet her staff and when could I start. I felt the interview was intense but went very well. Another two weeks later I heard back from the Human Resource Manager and she asked why I stated in my interview that I preferred working accounts to managing them? I stated maybe the Hiring Manager misunderstood; I even pointed out that I currently manage clients and would not apply for a position that is considered a step down. She paused for a while then immediately offered me another position less pay of course; I declined. She was stunned, I stated that I appreciated the opportunity to interview with her company and thank her for her time.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to travel to the west cost?   View Answer
    • How many clients does your current employer have?   View Answer

I was offered a totally different position, not what I interviewed for at all. Not sure the company knows what they are looking for in a candidate or at least properly identified this type of need for their clients; currently both positions are still open in my area and in other states as well.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emdeon in August 2013.

Phone interview with HR, face to face with 4 members of management team, one phone interview.

It was relatively quick. They gave me what I asked for as far as money goes.