Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emergency Medical Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted for a brief phone interview. Following phone interview, was invited for in-person or video interview. Completed video interview with standard interview questions, along with a brief medical terminology test, dictation test, and a typing test. Was then contacted about a week later for another video interview with a regional CIM manager. Was asked very similar questions to earlier interview.

CIM Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for a phone interview by the recruiter the following week. Interview was basic, asking specific questions concerning previous jobs and community service involvement that were listed on my resume. Follow up interview at the corporate office in NJ with typing and medical terminology test. Medical terminology test was basic, but some brief reviewing is recommended.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your desirability for this job on a scale from 1-10?   Answer Question

Could not commit to two years for part time position available

Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Livingston, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls. Asked your MCAT or GED score also how fast you type. Also, wanted to why you want to be in the Health field and your plans after college.

Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

First met with the hiring manager who was really nice. Asked the generic interview questions such as availability, strengths, what experience you want to gain from the company, etc. Then you take a medical terminology quiz, two scribing tests, and a typing test. The interview was fairly normal, nothing you wouldn't expect.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a problem at a job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was one of the most professional I've ever been involved in. From the initial recruiter contact, to the site interview, I felt things went along very smoothly with communication going both ways. I never felt as if I couldn't get feedback to a question I had within a timely manner.

Negotiation

Relatively painless.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Initially submitted my application including cover letter and resume through their website. Received a phone call within a week from a recruiter to further discuss the position and my qualifications. Within the next week received a phone call inviting me for an interview, which was held 2 days later. Had my first interview with a different recruiter than the one who first called me. The interview lasted about an hour, of which the majority consisted of questions about my perception of the job and its responsibilities, my qualifications for the position, etc. I was asked to rate my interest in the position on a scale of 1-10, which took me by surprise. After the questions I took 2 dictations tests, a typing test (both on the computer), and a medical terminology test. I believe I did well on all of them. I was told that there were three rounds of interviews, the first one I was having with the recruiter, the second one with the Regional Manager, and the third one with the hospital I would potentially be working at. I then received a phone call within the week inviting me for the second interview with the Regional Manager, which was to take place two days later at a Starbucks. However, the next day I received a call back saying that the interviewer got sick and the interview was postponed a week. I had the second interview on the rescheduled day at the Starbucks. I'm not sure how it went, it was awkward interviewing in a Starbucks. Two weeks later I received a call from the first person I interviewed with who told me that the positions at the hospitals I was being considered for have filled, and that I wouldn't have been able to commit the one year minimum that they require (since I would potentially be attending grad school next year). However, he assured me that I was a good candidate for the position and they would have liked to have me.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in September 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone by a recruiting coordinator, who first asked me about my basic availability, interest, and qualifications for the position. I was then told I would be contacted within the next week if the company wanted to continue with an initial interview. I was contacted the next day, and set up for an interview two days after. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours and was composed of a general set of interview questions about myself, my resume, and my experience, and the second part of the interview was a typing test, a medical terminology test, and two transcription tests. The medical terminology test was challenging, but doable, and the transcription tests were pretty straightforward. I received a call a few days later about scheduling a second interview with the regional coordinator. That interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and went over the same questions I was asked in the first interview. It seemed quite repetitive, as I wasn't asked any new questions. I was told that if I made it to the next round interview, it would be at the hospital site and would be with the head CIM and director at that site.

Overall, the people involved were very friendly and returned calls and scheduled interviews very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is a professional skill you are working to improve and how would that skill impact your role as a CIM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Newark, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a little nerve racking because of all the questions asked and the tests I had to do right in front of the interviewer but overall I think the interview was reasonable. The interviewer was very nice and patient but it was really hard to read their face to see what they thought overall of my qualifications, etc. I feel that was one of the most difficult things was reading them to see whether they even liked you or not.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult thing you encountered at your job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was overall an organized and stress free process. After answering a few questions concerning my interests and availability an interview was scheduled. I was able to meet with everyone on the same day which was time efficient and greatly appreciated. I received an offer the next day and my questions concerning my contract were given attention promptly.

Interview Questions

• The credentialing process was awful. The credentialing specialist that I was assigned to didn't seem to know what she was doing and did not respond to my emails for several days and was rarely available by phone. I was asked for the same items repeatedly despite having turned them in. Once I had stopped working at my former full time job and had the time to track behind her and get the information needed, I was finally credentialed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy process. My questions were answered promptly and changes were made without an issue.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

The one interview conducted over Skype was about an hour and a half long. It included a typing speed test, a test to repeat and write down different dialogues, and a medical terminology test of about 12 questions.

Interview Questions

• The medical terminology test was the most difficult part.   Answer Question