Emergent BioSolutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emergent BioSolutions

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Two managers interview; hiring manager asked general questions but the production manager needed specifics that required a lot of thinking. questions required details of my previews work experiences including calculations

Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview included a tour of the facilities and manufacturing plant. Interview lasted about 2-3 hours. For the most part, was 2 on 1 with basic STAR based questions. It was a pretty laid back interview and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Manager, PM Corporate Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Rockville, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Quick contact by HR after applying on-line. Quick progression to on-site interview. Horrible follow-up. Despite several attempts to get a status update. Simply no communication was made. You should ask yourself, do you really want to work for a company that treats interview candidates like that?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions in June 2014.

Interview

Very well planned and co-ordinated. The interview team had good questions and they did not all ask the same question. The follow-up was good. The people were knowlegeable in their area and about the company and seemed very engaged.

Interview Questions

• They had good job related questions that followed the behavioral interview style. Had to think of good examples to give.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Rockville, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Communications were quick. There was quick action to move the hiring process forward. Clear instructions were given about what to expect during the interview. Hiring manager was very affable. The group / team meeting went well and a reasonable offer was also made. When I had to decline to offer due to personal reasons, the hiring manager again was very understanding of the decision. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was quite smooth and no real unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Personal/medical reasons

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

HR makes initial contact. Hiring manager had phone interview. Communication wasn't very smooth at times from the company. Was not told to bring drivers license to the reception desk (would not let me in without it). Was not told where to park - a little tricky to find. Interview was relaxed. Dress policy on Friday (day of interview) is much more relaxed than on M-Thurs. Interviewed with several people, all one on one.

Interview Questions

• No particularly surprising questions - asked about my experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation can be possible, decide what items are most important and ask about them.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions in June 2008.

Interview

Took a full day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation