Emeritus Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

it seemed to have gone well on the first time around, but the second time around the 'interviewer' hugged me, which I thought was VERY unprofessional, and I felt that I didn't want the job from there, if he was hugging me at this point, what sort of harassment would I be in for, so I declined it and their hours were 7 days a week with only two half days off, and the pay was very much NOT worth working for someone like him. Sad, because I think overall I would have liked the job, with a better pay, and two days off. Maybe this is for someone else.

Interview Questions

• what do you do with your time off?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• basic interview qs; several behavioral questions; several situational questions; interviewer extremely friendly and made me choose to accept the offer with this company (even minus the low pay starting out)   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Director RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Utica, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. I had 3 telephone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. They were quite lengthy but enjoyable. I was encouraged to relax and be myself. Brookdale really takes the time to get to know the candidates and I admire that about the company. I had to take a personality quiz and a quiz that scores judgement. It was a very interesting process. i was given a tour during the first face to face interview. It was about 5 or 6 weeks from the first contact to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• There were at least 2 behavioral questions during each interview. Fro example "tell me about a time when you had a disagreement about a plan of care for a resident; who was the person, what was the disagreement, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome? "   1 Answer

Charge Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

Interview

Long and drawn out, had one interview then had to go back for another and when I arrived was told it needs to be rescheduled, I think a phone call prior to my arrival would have been nice so I didn't waste a trip to facility.

Interview Questions

• What shift do you want to work   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

Interview

Initial communication via telephone. I was inquiring about open positions. I was invited in to do an application. Was told the RCD loved new grads which is a definite plus. Very nice. Was interviewed but then had to wait about 2 to 3 weeks for orientation and start date. Orientation started almost an hour late, spoke with every manager in the building and received start dates.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any unexpected questions.. just the typical questions to see if you can appropriately prioritize care of patients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered one amount and when it cam time to do paper work, Hr was offering less. I spoke with hr and they would not budge even though I was promised a higher salary. That should've been my clue to leavee, but I needed a job.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

Interview

I brought in my resume and asked for an interview, had one set up quickly. Interviewed with two directors one time with the usual questions for a company of this type. The process was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult one of them was "tell us what you have done in the past when confronted with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

PRN Medication Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within a week for an interview two days from the call. Arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the business manager and facilities guy, they were in place of what I assume was the receptionist. I was asked to fill out an application, it took some creativity to fill it out properly as there was no counter space or clipboards. There was a few other candidates that day. I'm not sure at what time they're interview was scheduled, but I had to way 30 minutes past my scheduled time. Double booked, fine okay. My turn comes and I interviewed with two people which I was unaware would happen. My interview went by pretty quick, questions were relevant to the position. Although, I did find out there that the position I applied for also required for me pretty much be the staff manager for the overnight shift, which I was not prepared for, and I think they got that feeling too. Overall it was okay I guess. Minor pet-peeves but nothing completely off putting. The facility seemed nice though, too bad it just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Basically, how would you confront a staff member slaking off on the job.   Answer Question

Dining Services Director Interview

Interview

Good interview process with Executive Director. I interviewed by phone initially from another city. Then I offered to come to meet with him. He was very professional and explained his vision for the department. I had a positive experience. I wish that I had paid more attention to the tour of the Kitchen facilities because I would have picked up on some of the problems that I would face. Their equipment was very outdated and the place was in serious violation of sanitation codes.

CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very non professional and non personal corporate interview. The interviewer could not care less about the interviewee and it showed. She was just going through the motions, checking off the boxes and it was awful. Nevertheless, I got the job so I was pretty happy and that's not the way I interview people.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Richland, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Awesome interview, had me re fill out an application and filled out the form to authorize a background check. Manager was very nice and asked a lot of very basic interview questions.

Negotiation

Haven't heard from them yet calling today at 4 (Friday)