Emeritus Senior Living

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.2

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

I brought in my resume and asked for an interview, had one set up quickly. Interviewed with two directors one time with the usual questions for a company of this type. The process was quick and professional.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult one of them was "tell us what you have done in the past when confronted with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

PRN Medication Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in August 2014.

Applied online and got a call back within a week for an interview two days from the call. Arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the business manager and facilities guy, they were in place of what I assume was the receptionist. I was asked to fill out an application, it took some creativity to fill it out properly as there was no counter space or clipboards. There was a few other candidates that day. I'm not sure at what time they're interview was scheduled, but I had to way 30 minutes past my scheduled time. Double booked, fine okay. My turn comes and I interviewed with two people which I was unaware would happen. My interview went by pretty quick, questions were relevant to the position. Although, I did find out there that the position I applied for also required for me pretty much be the staff manager for the overnight shift, which I was not prepared for, and I think they got that feeling too. Overall it was okay I guess. Minor pet-peeves but nothing completely off putting. The facility seemed nice though, too bad it just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, how would you confront a staff member slaking off on the job.   Answer Question

Dining Services Director Interview

Good interview process with Executive Director. I interviewed by phone initially from another city. Then I offered to come to meet with him. He was very professional and explained his vision for the department. I had a positive experience. I wish that I had paid more attention to the tour of the Kitchen facilities because I would have picked up on some of the problems that I would face. Their equipment was very outdated and the place was in serious violation of sanitation codes.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in April 2014.

Awesome interview, had me re fill out an application and filled out the form to authorize a background check. Manager was very nice and asked a lot of very basic interview questions.

Haven't heard from them yet calling today at 4 (Friday)

Home Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

Interview was initially performed by HR associates, the Hiring Manager and I then met for an in person interview following resume review. Following interview, references (all) are checked and a background check must be authorized, you will then be notified of an offer if you pass.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a critical process improvement you made or the way you overcame a difficult personal conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    Yes, based upon desirability after interview I was able to ask for and receive an increase over initial offer.

Life Enrichment Director Interview

they need to interview employees better and start checking backgrounds.

Line Cook Interview

Group interview was very organized and fun.

Interview Questions
    like any other negotiation phase

Resident Assistant-CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

hiring and training process was non exisant. I was basicly told to fill out this application, get a physical and handed keys to the med cart. I was not asked about my experience or schooling. I felt like they just wanted someone ASAP

no flat 9/hr no benefits

Manager Interview

In person interview about half hour then a bunch of phone interviews.

Pay is too low

Executive Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

Three to four interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Mostly by phone, so awkward silences (while they are checking emails and not listening to your answers).   View Answer
    Get what you want in the beginning, you will have no chance in getting anything but 2% raises after that. Bonuses are very difficult to achieve so do not count as part of your salary!