Emeritus Senior Living

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.2

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

The Executive Director did most of the talking. I talked mostly about my experience and overall HR views. Was an easy interview for the most part. Seemed to judge me more on the interview than what I put on my resume...the time was about 45 minutes.

Resident Care Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in November 2013.

Answered the post, talked with the Administrator, went in and filled out application and turned in my resume. After the interview that same day I was told she would call the next week to let me know when my second interview would be with corporate. I called the next day to thank her for the interview and that I was looking forward to working with their wonderful company. I heard nothing from them since.

Resident Assistant Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in October 2013.

Not difficult. Just answer honestly. At my facility in Plymouth, MA, my supervisor was wonderful, attentive, and caring. Be honest and up front if you don't have experience and chances are they'll hire you anyway.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question is always regarding talking about a confrontation or a group project in my past and how did I handle it? I don't have experiences that are worthy of mention so I have to make something up in preparation.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate the pay, as this was my first CNA job straight out of training.

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

I waited a few weeks for the call back after i submitted my resume. I came in and was hired on the spot, probably because of my resume, i think the kitchen director was careful who he hired.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if i served food to elderly before   View Answer

Caregiver Interview

Interview was with both outgoing and new incoming ED's, they asked pretty standard questions about how to handle various situations. Received call back within a few days to come back for Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were what you would normally expect for this position.   View Answer

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in September 2013.

I went in for two interviews. The questions were basic and typical of what you would expect in an interview. I was to attend orientation but was unable to go for both days. It has been a month since I was hired and still no orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where a client's family was unhappy? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in September 2013.

I was interviewed by the RN Manager after filling out the paperwork. I got lucky because she was able to see when I went in person to reception for the paperwork. She was very friendly offering part time hours, accepting students, and even saying it was possible to move up to Med Tech. I went go my TB and physical done. I had to call twice before being asked to come for training day. During training day I watched videos but then staff was very unclear about what to do next. I sat around and waited for 30 minutes before I was told to go home.

Interview Questions
    • Why the resident assistant staff had a huge turn-over rate every month and why pregnant workers are still working in assisted living when you are required to lift up to 200 pounds.   Answer Question
    Pay was 9.50. The hours were vague since I had to start as on-call before I could get regular hours. Staff was very unclear how long it would take between the TB test and working onsite. Once I watched training videos onsite they were unprepared to have be work to rest of the day. Lots of paperwork.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

One interview, albeit brief, with the then Executive Director for that facility. Most questions had to do with describing my previous positions & why I wanted to work for Emeritus Senior Living. Though being told other interviews were scheduled & I would have to wait a week for a decision, I received a call the next day with an offer. In this economy & with the poor job market in Tucson, I accepted the job. However, the hourly pay was 1/3 of my previous positions. I had not earned that little on a job since 1974, 39 years ago.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. It was a take it or leave it offer, & since my interviewer knew I had been searching for work for 2 years, he did not feel it necessary to offer pay at my level of expertise.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living.

There's an initial phone screen with an HR representative, then if you pass that a follow up interview with the same HR person, 2 accounting managers, then a group of 3-4 current accountants. There's also a pretty basic accounting test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain accruals to someone with no accounting background?   Answer Question

Dining Services Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emeritus Senior Living in July 2013.

Hiring was a great expierence...training leaves little to be desired. Poor communication and almost no expectations on systems were laid out. I had to discover systems and programs on my own.

Interview Questions
    • No exceptionally difficult questions. Typical of what is expected for this position.   Answer Question
    I told my interviewer my expectations on salary (high/low) and she came back with a wonderful offer.