Emeritus Senior Living Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.2

Home Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview was initially performed by HR associates, the Hiring Manager and I then met for an in person interview following resume review. Following interview, references (all) are checked and a background check must be authorized, you will then be notified of an offer if you pass.

Interview Questions

• Describe a critical process improvement you made or the way you overcame a difficult personal conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, based upon desirability after interview I was able to ask for and receive an increase over initial offer.

Resident Care Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Gig Harbor, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Answered the post, talked with the Administrator, went in and filled out application and turned in my resume. After the interview that same day I was told she would call the next week to let me know when my second interview would be with corporate. I called the next day to thank her for the interview and that I was looking forward to working with their wonderful company. I heard nothing from them since.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There's an initial phone screen with an HR representative, then if you pass that a follow up interview with the same HR person, 2 accounting managers, then a group of 3-4 current accountants. There's also a pretty basic accounting test.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain accruals to someone with no accounting background?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process at Emeritus is fairly straight forward. If you are selected as a potential candidate someone from HR will reach out to you by e-mail for a phone interview. This interview is very basic and just goes over general questions about your education and work experience. If you make it past the phone interview you are then invited to the office where you will go through two interviews. One with a few of the hiring managers and then another with a few team members. The questions are very basic.

Interview Questions

• There is an accounting test portion of the interview that goes over very basic accounting concepts   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. The initial phone inquiry happened with a recruiter. Once I made it through the phone interview, the recruiter invited me for the in person interview. It was at this time that I was asked to fill out the paperwork for a background check. When I attended the in person interview and met with the hiring manager, I was asked a lot of questions related to my past experience. I took the opportunity to share marketing ideas that I had, as well. The interview was going so well, that I met the team and a higher level executive on the same day. The offered me the job within the week.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not difficult and based on the candidate's experience.   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Very professional.

Negotiation

I was oferred more than they were initially going to offer.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emeritus Senior Living (Seattle, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. Then met with HR, hiring manager, peers and VP. Ends up they were not hiring for position.